Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Racing in SD County?

564 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Au111 
#1 ·
Hello. First time poster, some time lurker.

I'm coming out of hibernation into the new, mad world of MTB'ing (the last bike I purchased was in 1994...but a new one is on the way) - and am wondering if there are any "casual," "smallish" XC races to be found near SD. Preferably towards the end of summer.

I'm just looking for some motivation to put extra miles in (as if my expanding waistline wasn't enough), but I don't want to make my debut at a big deal Big Bear event, since I assume they're even more crowded and agro than they were a decade ago.

Thanks for any leads, and take pity on the poor fellow coming out of retirement trying to figure out all this disc brake, dual suspension, 27 gear nonsense.

#3 ·
Gotta hit the road

There is endurance racing at Vail Lake near temecula and up in the Idyllwild area (search for Hurkey creek and others). Keep checking this board as the promoters usually post events here ahead of time. There are more "ride events" that races in SD county.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.