Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Quick introduction

555 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  edub30 
#1 ·
Hey all - I'm Josh and recently moved back to the LA area (west side) after spending 15 years in NYC.

I'm just now getting back into MTB - I used to love riding in San Diego, Whiting Ranch in the OC, and the Santa Monica mountain trails.

It's been years, but I'm looking forward to getting back on board. I have a Superlight 29er on its way in the next couple weeks and plan to start slow but hope to join some of you on local rides. Would love a tour of Will Rogers.

So.. hello!

#3 ·
Thanks!

Anyone have a favorite LBS around Venice / MDR? The couple places I've been to were less than enthusiastic about helping me (totally possible they were burnt out from Black Friday), and I'm going to need to some clothing, hydration pack, shoes, and tools very soon.

#4 ·
Welcome back! I live in Venice and ride the Santa Monicas at least a couple times each week. Usually I ride from home, up the beach path and through the Palisades to the various trailheads. Routes range from 25-35 miles, but a fair amount of that is on pavement to and from the trailhead. If you're interested in joining me on some rides, PM me your email address and we can make plans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.