You Are What You Is

Question About Box Springs (Riverside)

I've always noticed the trails right next to the 215, just across the freeway from Sycamore Canyon, and wondered if it's legal to ride there. I would actually like to ride my moto there, but it might be good for MTBs also. I'm sure it's probably illegal for moto, but I have seen some quads there a couple of times. Anyway, I've just always been curious and never gotten a definitive answer from any of the dirt bike sites I frequent.

You Are What You Is
    OK, it looks like you can at least ride MTBs there: http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...8_4518crx.aspx

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Your talking about the back side of Box Springs Mountain. The trails that you see connect Box Springs(Two Trees trail) to Sycamore Canyon. From Pigeon Pass Rd in moreno valley there is are a couple awesome trails to ride. The two down hill trails are M trail which drops you back into MV or Two Trees which drop you to the trails that you see from the 215. All of these trails are MTB only your motocross bike would tear the place up.
    Here is geoladders for Two Trees to Sycamore
    http://www.geoladders.com/show_route.php?route=29418

Here is m trail
    http://www.geoladders.com/show_route.php?route=23435

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    are these fire roads ?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    no not all the trails are fire-roads.....but the way riding in Box Springs works is you ride a fire road UP and then ride DOWN a single-track down or you would shuttle. For example, to ride down Two Trees, you would have to ride all the way around the mountain on a mix of residential streets, some single-track, and fire-roads. The trail-head to Two Trees is right off Box Springs Rd (a fire road)

To ride M-Trail, you continue up the mountain on Box Springs Road until you reach the last set of Antennas and ride the single-track back down....

Anyhow......to the OP if you are interested in riding in the area, Sycamore canyon is way nicer for mountain biking in my opinion, and its basically just across the freeway from Box Springs....riding a Moto in Box Springs is not allowed, and I have seen cops ticketing OHV and motos....
    Last edited by osmarandsara; 02-19-2010 at 10:17 PM.

You Are What You Is
    Thanks for the info guys. I figured as much on the moto riding. Anyplace even remotely near a residential area is off limits nowadays. I guess I'll just keep going to the tracks and Barstow.