mtbr member
    May 2004

Question about Blackstar and Trabuco

Moving back to So cal very soon, OC. Is it "safe" to park vehicles at Blackstar gate now? I like riding Blackstar. How about parking near that Mex restaurant Sen'r Taco or whatever lol before Trabuco creek road to ride the few miles of fireroad to get to Holy Jim trailhead?

I've heard there were a few issues in the past at these spots, although I've never had trouble on weekends
    Sound of Tires on Dirt - Sole Music; shared with friends - Soul Music.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I think most of what you speak is closed due to fires at the end of '07. In fact I'm certain of it. Heading down this week and bringing bikes, but will have to ride somewhere else.

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    Moving back to So cal very soon, OC. Is it "safe" to park vehicles at Blackstar gate now? I like riding Blackstar. How about parking near that Mex restaurant Sen'r Taco or whatever lol before Trabuco creek road to ride the few miles of fireroad to get to Holy Jim trailhead?

I've heard there were a few issues in the past at these spots, although I've never had trouble on weekends

You are safe parking your car at the Blackstar gate......but only 7am-sunset.

You are also safe parking over off Rose Canyon near the restuarant.

Warrior's Society
    Quote Originally Posted by Offspring
    I think most of what you speak is closed due to fires at the end of '07. In fact I'm certain of it. Heading down this week and bringing bikes, but will have to ride somewhere else.

Blackstar is open all the way up to Eagle Road......about 1 mile from the Motorway.

Holy Jim is open up and over to Trabucco.

Main Divide from Eagle Road all the way across to Upper Holy Jim is closed......this includes:

Silverado Motorway(Silverado Trail)
    Maple Springs
    4 Corners
    Harding Truck Trail
    Santiago Peak
    Jooplin
    Old Camp
    Santiago Truck Trail
    The Luge

mtbr member
    May 2004

Thanks Much for the info

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej
    You are safe parking your car at the Blackstar gate......but only 7am-sunset.

You are also safe parking over off Rose Canyon near the restuarant.
    thank you.
    Sound of Tires on Dirt - Sole Music; shared with friends - Soul Music.