mtbr member
    Sep 2009

PV / Del Cerro help

I am really new to mountain biking and wondering if anyone could show me some of the trails up at Del Cerro. I know there isnt much open after the fire but I am curious to find out what the best trails are for someone new to the sport. Thanks.

I am free during the day because I work at night. Let me know if you are interested in helping a n00b.

mtbr member
    Im going there this morning.Honestly,its not really a place you can get lost,self guided tours are a breeze,not really good for begginners,alot of climbing.My favorite spot is now the Fullerton Loop,that place is great,especially for begginers!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I keep trying to get down the toyon trail there and just keep on going over the bars through all the loose stuff and rocks. i want to be able to do that section so bad. wheres this beginner stuff you are talking about?

mtbr member
    Yea,I walk down some of those loose,rocky,steep sections.Google Fullerton Loop and go there,its amazing there!Print out a map and bring it with you,trail exits and continues at surface streets,easy to get lost.You can read the reviews for both there and PV in the review section.I enjoy PV,just not as much.Its either up or down there,mountain goat territory.

mtbr member
    Watch out for Nazi Hikers!

Seriously, the hikers there are complete asshats.

Flame away....
    "Well I don't drink as much as I ought to."

~Jerry Jeff Walker~

mtbr member
    Agreed!!! A hiker placed a basketball sized rock in the middle of a drop we usually take and a friend of mine had to bail pretty hard,landing in some cactus.Utter bull $hit....

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    thanks for suggesting the Fullerton loop. Did a night ride out there and luckily found someone that was nice enough to let me tag along, that place gets kinda confusing cutting back and forth from streets to trail to bridal paths and back again. Overall i had a blast. almost ran into some barbed wire after this steep section, not sure why they need that there.