Thread: Pv ?

mtbr member

Pv ?

Does anyone know what happend in the meeting this weekend? I didnt find out about till Sat once we where allready riding.

mtbr member
    I have not heard anything but if I do, it will get posted here first.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    nothing negative was told. No body really talked about mountain bikers. However, we still have to be nice to all of the hikers and others. We still can lose the trail.
    Last edited by OverRev; 06-06-2006 at 03:18 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Kiss up to the hikers...?

You mean like the group of 106 hikers I encountered last night! They were all walking together and took up the whole fire road.

Does anyone have a read on the Conservancy and the RPV city government’s attitude on MTB in the new “preserve”? I go to school on Saturdays and have not been able to attend the previous trail work events.

I’ve always got the impression (after 15 years in Pedro) that the “hill” people can be very insular when it comes to welcoming the surrounding community (i.e. Los Angeles). Do they see the MTB’s interests as those of “outsiders”, while the hiking and equestrian interests are “local”?

I hope their not planning on closing off access, especially after going “outside” the community (75% state, federal money?) to obtain the land.

mtbr member
    If we lose this trail it will be a sad day I just started to ride there getting tired
    of my normal everyday trails Ive ridin for years. I say hello to every hiker and
    equestrian rider there but its funny the way mostly hikers just give you attitude with
    a grummble Hi.Everyone is out there for the same reasons you dont have to like other
    trail user's just be curtious my 2 cents happy trails to all trail user's.