mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Pump track and good flow course wanted

Hey guy I live in redlands and getting back into mountain biking i am trying to find a few good spots or trails that have decent pump sections or sections that will help me build my pump and flow skills through jumps and turns... I realize some people want to keep these places secret so u can pm me if u want it to stay secret I pretty much ride alone and on weekdays.... Any advice would be awesome thanks guys!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    I'm in Riverside, and I'd love to have a local, public pump track to ride. There are several dirt jump areas around here, but no pump tracks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    I've heard they are planning to build a pumptrack near one of the Crafton hills trailheads...I believe on 14th st in yucaipa...

mtbr member
    May 2012
    The Yucaipa pump track is to be off 13th Street. It will be on the empty lot between YAPS and Yucaipa High School. The property is supposed to have a BMX race track, pump track, and a small beginners MTB skills loop.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by JRS73 View Post
    The Yucaipa pump track is to be off 13th Street. It will be on the empty lot between YAPS and Yucaipa High School. The property is supposed to have a BMX race track, pump track, and a small beginners MTB skills loop.
    I'd love to volunteer some time helping. Any idea who I would contact?

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by hillharman View Post
    I'd love to volunteer some time helping. Any idea who I would contact?
    https://www.facebook.com/YucaipaBmx

Yucaipa BMX Complex | Indiegogo

Right now there is nothing to do other than raise money or contribute professional services (Graders, builders, electricians, plumbers, etc.) through charity. This is a proposed $200,000+ facility. However, I don't see anything happening unless one of the local Indian tribes write a big check (Or charitable contractors). Although the city leased the property to Yucaipa BMX for 20 years at $1 per year, the city has final approval on everything. The city has no idea these types of facilities are based on volunteers and a build it as you go philosophy. Instead, they use the current bureaucratic philosophy, unless it cost a TON of money our way, it is not worthy. This is the reason why not one shovel has touched the dirt in over a year.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    That would be awesome I could offer free labor and some equipment that would be an amazing thing to have... Someone needs to hit up San manual or morongo for some monetary support

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    There is a pump track in Southride Park in Fontana. Its located in the staging area of the Southridge Winter Series mountain bike race course (at the bottom of the 4X course)

A few of the whoops and berms are a bit sandy due to the lack of rain, but sounds like we might get some moisture later this week.....

Glad to Be Alive
    there are tons of them in redlands......just go out a build them....lots of area...get to work
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Gamers local 2112
    Jul 2009
    I've been trying to get one in the LA area, I have made little progress, I think I will have to go in person. However, if others express an interest perhaps we can get the ball rolling. The contact I have is follows:

Robert Oyakawa
    Landscape Architect
    Department of Recreation and Parks
    213/202-2646 (prefer email)

Send him an e-mail saying how a pump track would be an asset, utilizing unused park land and drawing bikers away from shared use areas, thus relieving some of the stresses (i.e. horse people crying). etc.

Here's his e-mail:

robert.oyakawa@lacity.org

The more attention we give to it, the higher likelihood it will happen.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    There is some truth to all of this. We have been going through the red tape with grading plans, permits, Conditional Use Permits etc. it is a very tedious process, unfortunately. But we are finally close to breaking ground. The actual ceremony should be towards the end of November.. The complex will have a pump track, a mountain bike trail/loop and a BMX track. Renderings will be in the website and Facebook page by this weekend. You can email us if you have any questions, yucaipabmx@yahoo.com
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Yucaipa BMX View Post
    There is some truth to all of this. We have been going through the red tape with grading plans, permits, Conditional Use Permits etc. it is a very tedious process, unfortunately. But we are finally close to breaking ground. The actual ceremony should be towards the end of November.. The complex will have a pump track, a mountain bike trail/loop and a BMX track. Renderings will be in the website and Facebook page by this weekend. You can email us if you have any questions, yucaipabmx@yahoo.com
    Thanks
    That's great news. Thanks for filling us in, and keep us posted if you could. This sounds like a great resource.

mtbr member
    What part of LA are you hoping for? The lack of areas to recreate for our youth is getting smaller and smaller. I am on the west side and would love to get this ball rolling. Plenty of unused land just not sure where to start; the bourocracy is so deep.

health, community, joy.....we need them back.

Quote Originally Posted by rev106 View Post
    I've been trying to get one in the LA area, I have made little progress, I think I will have to go in person. However, if others express an interest perhaps we can get the ball rolling. The contact I have is follows:

Robert Oyakawa
    Landscape Architect
    Department of Recreation and Parks
    213/202-2646 (prefer email)

Send him an e-mail saying how a pump track would be an asset, utilizing unused park land and drawing bikers away from shared use areas, thus relieving some of the stresses (i.e. horse people crying). etc.

Here's his e-mail:

robert.oyakawa@lacity.org

The more attention we give to it, the higher likelihood it will happen.

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    The tide is definitely turning regarding official pump tracks--at least in Norcal. Aptos (just south of Santa Cruz) has one, as well as the world-famous Post Office jumps; Santa Cruz has two; Scott's Valley (just north of Santa Cruz) is building one, and there's one in Truckee. Also, there are jump parks in San Jose and Pleasanton (East Bay) and a legit 4-mile long flow trail is coming to Demo Forest (1/3 of it is opening soon, and it's already super fun). Oh, and the Tamarancho flow trail is essentially a downhill pump track--it's a blast!

The pump tracks are being pitched up here as family venues, and they do bring out lots of kids--some who can barely walk! But the best tracks have lines for all ability levels, and they're a great resource for working on mtb skills.
    Last edited by dirtvert; 04-29-2014 at 07:36 PM.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

mtbr member
    Anything in OC area?