mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Props to my New Favorite LBS in Ventura County

Whenever I find something that completely kicks ass, I have to let others know. That's why a like using these boards for reference on anything that deals w/ mountain biking. I have lived now one full year in Simi Valley and have tried different shops for service. They were all OK, but I just recently decided try another shop to get my road bike and FS tuned up. The shop is located near where I work and is called Michael's Bicycle's in Thousand Oaks.

First of all, Shawn and the guys in the shop know there stuff when it comes to biking hardware. When I got my Duallie back all tuned up, it felt awesome. Shifted and braked like it was knew. I have had bikes tuned up before from other shops and they just didn't do quiet the same job. They don't mind working on bikes bought from other stores. But, when I am ready to buy another bike, I will probably buy from them. Their prices for services actually beat any of the local bike shops and I personally think Michael's does a better job. It's a small shop. Not like Superblow where I buy most of my stuff. I do buy my lube and things that come close in price to Superblow. I feel they have really earned my business. And, they are not uptight or have attitude like some bike shops I have been to.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Michael's bikes kicks ass. I'll attest to everything you said is true.

Thatís the only local bike shop I like going into. Their pretty laid back. Itís the only shop that will sell my cheap ass used parts and let me dig through all their left over junk. Sometimes they just give me the stuff. They even let me use their tools from time to time.

Shawn definitely knows his ****, he has no problem telling you what sucks and what doesn't. Also he used to be a welder for Foes so heíll give you some technical analysis on your bike if you want it.

I try to buy whatever I can from them, but they don't have a huge selection. Generally they do give good prices, almost comparable to mail order. Definitely worth checking out.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

good

Good to hear that you found a shop you could trust.
    Since I live in LA and am looking for a good LBS, I'd love to check the place out someday.
    Can you tell me their phone number, email, or address?
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Moo Shoo Pork
    Whenever I find something that completely kicks ass, I have to let others know. That's why a like using these boards for reference on anything that deals w/ mountain biking. I have lived now one full year in Simi Valley and have tried different shops for service. They were all OK, but I just recently decided try another shop to get my road bike and FS tuned up. The shop is located near where I work and is called Michael's Bicycle's in Thousand Oaks.

First of all, Shawn and the guys in the shop know there stuff when it comes to biking hardware. When I got my Duallie back all tuned up, it felt awesome. Shifted and braked like it was knew. I have had bikes tuned up before from other shops and they just didn't do quiet the same job. They don't mind working on bikes bought from other stores. But, when I am ready to buy another bike, I will probably buy from them. Their prices for services actually beat any of the local bike shops and I personally think Michael's does a better job. It's a small shop. Not like Superblow where I buy most of my stuff. I do buy my lube and things that come close in price to Superblow. I feel they have really earned my business. And, they are not uptight or have attitude like some bike shops I have been to.