Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 8Trak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    622

    Post some Thanksgiving week rides

    Hi there,

    I'm just checking in to this forum since I'm going to be down in Orange County (Mission Viejo area) for pretty much all of next week. Any of you slackers riding Mon-Wed? What Turkey Rides are happening on Thursday? Night rides?

    I'd like to check out Aliso Canyon and some rides up in the Cleveland Nat'l Forest. But I'm open to travelling a bit farther. I'm looking for XC rides with fun singletrack and some technical challenges (though I'm not sure I'd be up to some of the stuff Aquaholic posts.. .but I'm not too proud to walk some sections if necessary).

    -Dave

  2. #2
    taxi mechanic
    Reputation: eebeedah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    92
    ok you post a ride and maybe people show?

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dubjay's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    783
    If you're looking for a night ride - try the Santiago Truck Trail to the Luge on Tuesday nights. There's usually a bunch of mountain bikers there. I'm sure you can find a group to tag along with there.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Epic Mtn Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    113

    Good job!

    i posted a ride here: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=142091

    not too far of a drive from OC check it out, it's fun.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    23

    fine fine fine...

    Friday-Saturday-maybe sunday

    Me and some old amigos are camping at Laguna Mtns.

    A few laps on BLT, an Elbon-Indian Creek-Noble ride and maybe a few more shuttle runs on Noble.

    Singlespeeders welcome. Everyone else needs to bring some IPA to join.

    just kidding

  6. #6
    mp3
    mp3 is offline
    just ride
    Reputation: mp3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    158

    Geoladders

    Try checking this site. It usually has several rides posted per week.

    http://geoladders.com/ladders.php

  7. #7
    pewpewpew Moderator
    Reputation: Impy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,102
    I can ride monday for sure. Pm me.

  8. #8
    pewpewpew Moderator
    Reputation: Impy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Epic Mtn Biker
    i posted a ride here: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=142091

    not too far of a drive from OC check it out, it's fun.
    says url not valid

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 8Trak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    I can ride monday for sure. Pm me.
    LJ0913 (Larry) and I are putting together a potential Monday ride on the Santa Ana River Trail (SART) near Redlands, CA. From the reviews on mtbr and elsewhere, sounds like it is a long, rolling, grin inducing singletrack ride. I think we'll post a more definite plan soon, but neither of us know the trail

    http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...7_4518crx.aspx
    http://www.socalmtb.com/socal/trails/sa_river.htm
    http://www.mountainbikebill.com/SART.htm

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LJ0913's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by 8Trak
    LJ0913 (Larry) and I are putting together a potential Monday ride on the Santa Ana River Trail (SART) near Redlands, CA. From the reviews on mtbr and elsewhere, sounds like it is a long, rolling, grin inducing singletrack ride. I think we'll post a more definite plan soon, but neither of us know the trail

    http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-st...7_4518crx.aspx
    http://www.socalmtb.com/socal/trails/sa_river.htm
    http://www.mountainbikebill.com/SART.htm

    I've read so much about SART sounds very cool - expect for the bugs of course. Impy do you know the area? If so and if you're interested in riding SART would you mind playing leader?

    I'll be in Redlands visiting the in-laws. If anyone is interested and wants to carpool to SART let me know.

    Thanks,
    -Larry

  11. #11
    SSped
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    88

    Turkey burn

    Turkey burn is on thursday. Up Harding to 4 corners and then throw in a peek run and maybe come down joplin. We also do a Luge run every wednesday at 5:30 from Cooks Corner. With lights.


    Pm me and I will get back to you with updated info for the week.

    SSped

  12. #12
    Controlled panic
    Reputation: kevin949's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    33

    Turkey ride

    For the last 11 years a large group rides up harding Truck trail to the main divide , starting in Mojeska canyon , at around 7:30 am we've had any where from 20 to over 100 riders , a couple of times a local bike shop sent up coffee and muffins. great ride you should give a try I;ve done it every year its a tradition in my house now . Ride ,Nap ,Eat then sleep .

  13. #13
    pewpewpew Moderator
    Reputation: Impy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,102
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ0913
    I've read so much about SART sounds very cool - expect for the bugs of course. Impy do you know the area? If so and if you're interested in riding SART would you mind playing leader?

    I'll be in Redlands visiting the in-laws. If anyone is interested and wants to carpool to SART let me know.

    Thanks,
    -Larry
    I have only done SART once and I'm not sure I could recall which way to go. Also, I am doing a far away sunday ride and so driving all the way to sart is probably not going to happen for me the next day - it is pretty far from where i live. Sorry. If you decide to come up to the Santa Monicas or something more northerly let me know.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 8Trak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    622
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin949
    For the last 11 years a large group rides up harding Truck trail to the main divide , starting in Mojeska canyon , at around 7:30 am we've had any where from 20 to over 100 riders , a couple of times a local bike shop sent up coffee and muffins. great ride you should give a try I;ve done it every year its a tradition in my house now . Ride ,Nap ,Eat then sleep .
    I did that ride last year (though started later than 7:30am) and hit snow This year, I'd like to try coming down Joplin if there's a group that would tolerate a potential straggler.



    -Dave

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LJ0913's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    1,080
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    I have only done SART once and I'm not sure I could recall which way to go. Also, I am doing a far away sunday ride and so driving all the way to sart is probably not going to happen for me the next day - it is pretty far from where i live. Sorry. If you decide to come up to the Santa Monicas or something more northerly let me know.
    No worries! I believe it is still tentative; we'll see how it pans-out.

    Enjoy your rides, and Happy Thanksgiving!

    -Larry

  16. #16
    Controlled panic
    Reputation: kevin949's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    33

    Turkey ride

    Yea the snow was a little odd for us socal riders but about 40 guys still did it . a group of us plan on going over the top and down Coldwater to Holy Jim we plan on a lot of people this year so their will be plenty of options, some of us park at Cooks Corner and ride from there , parking gets pretty tight in the canyon and the locals give you that why are you here look . hope you can make it . names Kevin on a blue Fuel 100 AFP jersy say hi .

  17. #17
    giddy up!
    Reputation: donkey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,241
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin949
    Yea the snow was a little odd for us socal riders but about 40 guys still did it . a group of us plan on going over the top and down Coldwater to Holy Jim we plan on a lot of people this year so their will be plenty of options, some of us park at Cooks Corner and ride from there , parking gets pretty tight in the canyon and the locals give you that why are you here look . hope you can make it . names Kevin on a blue Fuel 100 AFP jersy say hi .
    Down Coldwater to Holy Jim? Doesn't Coldwater drop down towards the 15?

    Do you mean Upper Holy Jim?

    I'll be there on a Ti Carl Strong SS.....say hi.

    B
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation: KamikazeBikr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    255
    a bunch of rides going on here.... http://www.socaltrailriders.org/

    Im doing a ride Wednesday morning... possible San Juan or HolyJim
    Intense Tracer

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 8Trak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    622
    I'll look for you guys Thursday morning on the turkey ride. I'm on an XL black turner burner. My goal, other than getting to the top, is to find a route back to the car that involves some singletrack. I'm going to try to park in the canyon.

    I'm also riding STT/Luge at 7pm Tuesday night.

    Wednesday, I might explore Aliso, sometime not too early in the morning.

    -Dave

  20. #20
    SSped
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    88

    7pm luge run?

    I will be doing a 6:30 luge run on tuesday. who are you hooking up with?

    C ya at the Turkey Burn. A few of us will probably come down Joplin back to the STT.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •