Neg reppers r my biatches

Post-rain rides in VC or LA

where are the best places to ride after rain? I know Los Robles is good but where else?

That's gonna leave a mark
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    where are the best places to ride after rain? I know Los Robles is good but where else?
    Only Los Robles! There is no other trail! You sneaking around behind my back, 'Shizzle?! WTF?!

Actually the trails up in the Angeles Forest tend to fair well after rain, like Chilao, Strawberry Peak, etc. I'm not sure how Sycamore Cyn does after a steady soaking like we had yesterday. Backbone gets a little nasty in several sections.

It doesn't look like the sun is going to poke it's head out to dry anything out before the next batch of rain comes in this afternoon...
    Fat fanatic.

"Where the Fox Hat?" Endurance Team
    SoCal Colavita Road/MTB club

Quote Originally Posted by Hanzo90802
    I thought I saw this before. Took awhile but I found it.

Best "After Rain" rides
    man! i must be losing my mind....i did not even remember that! i guess that comes with age

thanks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I thought I saw this before. Took awhile but I found it.

Best "After Rain" rides

damn! i got caught cheating on you! just kidding....i was actually wondering where besides Los Robles I should plan for as we get into rainy season. yesterday in Cheseboro it got pretty bad in spots with only minimal rain which got me thinking.

so i take it today is a no go?

Dude, that was last year. How is he supposed to remember that far back? Heck, he can't remember from one month to the next whether he just bought a new bike or not. That's why he keeps "accidentally" acquiring new rigs.

Last time I rode with the guy, he had all these notes tattooed to his forearms as reminders to what he's done in the last 24 hours.
    Fat fanatic.

so i take it today is a no go?
    Oh I don't know...My SS is friggin covered in filth. My 5 Spot is sans a fork right now. My VP isn't my idea of a climbing bike. The IF gearie is lacking all components waiting for me to acquire a new drivetrain. The beach cruiser is geared to high to climb LRT. The trials bike isn't exactly comfortable on climbs. The Bear Deluxe has double flats. The road bike, well, is a road bike.

I think I'm going to take the Harley out today and just cruise the canyons to the beach. Happy New Year, Eric! Catch you on the next ride.
    Fat fanatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Upchuck
    Oh I don't know...My SS is friggin covered in filth. My 5 Spot is sans a fork right now. My VP isn't my idea of a climbing bike. The IF gearie is lacking all components waiting for me to acquire a new drivetrain. The beach cruiser is geared to high to climb LRT. The trials bike isn't exactly comfortable on climbs. The Bear Deluxe has double flats. The road bike, well, is a road bike.

I think I'm going to take the Harley out today and just cruise the canyons to the beach. Happy New Year, Eric! Catch you on the next ride.
    sounds good....lets hook up real soon my friend. Happy New Year

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Upchuck
    Dude, that was last year. How is he supposed to remember that far back? Heck, he can't remember from one month to the next whether he just bought a new bike or not. That's why he keeps "accidentally" acquiring new rigs.

Last time I rode with the guy, he had all these notes tattooed to his forearms as reminders to what he's done in the last 24 hours.
    LMFAO. The human post it note.

Man did I have a killer time today! I dont want it to stop raining!

I actually ended up doing 2 rides today. I first rode los robles (down rosewood) by myself which is always great after a rain....in fact there was not even a puddle to speak of but then again, it was before the rains started up today.

while on my way to Los Robles my friend had left me a message saying they were gonna ride out by sullivan. By 2 o'clock it was raining really hard but we still rode and I am glad we did. We went up caballero canyon (new to me)....cruised over dirt mulholland a bit and then down a super fun singletrack (called Broken Arrow singletrack I think) connected back to mulhullond and back down caballero. and man we went down fast. the hardest part was climbing caballero since it felt like we had flat tires the whole way but man, what a sweet climb in the rain.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The singletrack that parallels Sullivan Ridge and the Sullivan Ridge Fire Road are good post rain rides. The same goes for the singletrack that goes along Westridge and the Westridge Fire Road. You can access these both from dirt Mulholland which also does well after rains. You can get to dirt Mulholland by going to the top of Reseda Blvd and then head east.