mtbr member
    Jul 2004

... and if we just ... Please do your part...

and stay off of the trails for a couple of days after the rains. We have been way to long without the wet stuff and the trails are showing it. The last thing we need are the trails anymore torn up than the fires and 170+ days without rain have made them already.

Thanks!

banned
    Apr 2004

Good point Nutbag

Quote Originally Posted by Poster Nutbag
    and stay off of the trails for a couple of days after the rains. We have been way to long without the wet stuff and the trails are showing it. The last thing we need are the trails anymore torn up than the fires and 170+ days without rain have made them already.

Thanks!
    Just getting ready take the roadbike out for a spin so when the dirt dries I won't be sucking wind.

stay thirsty, my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Poster Nutbag

Thanks!
    Agreed.

mtbr member
    I rode Big Bear in the rain today. Does that count? It'll all be covered in snow soon anyway
    AJ

TC3
    mtbr member
    Man.. I planned to go to Big Bear today, too.
    But I backed up cuz' I thought Big Bear might be closed due to the rain
    I should have called
    Is today the last day of the MTB chairlift access?

mtbr member
    It was closed. tons of people showed up and went home. there were a few groups of us that weren't letting the drive go to waste. we had a group of 7 people that shuttled up to the top of 2N10. it was WET and muddy but suprisingly grippy. it was AWESOME. great experience, tons of fun besides being really cold. No one has a solid answer about whether or not they will open up for more biking or not.
    AJ

Unshaven Yak
    I rode one of our local SB trails yesterday, it was SUPER TACKY!! All except the rocks & waterbars that is...slippery there...

Only a couple of spots of gooey mud, avoided those, or walked around them. I'm really glad I got that one in because after the next three days of expected rain, it won't be ridable for a week.....at least.

We do have one sandstone speed run around here that may have to be done next weekend as it's the only one that holds up well & doesn't get the least bit gobbed up.

Recommendo on the WTB Timberwolf tires for this time of year...they were amazing.