mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Pivot Demos - San Diego, Fullerton

The Pivot/BH Demo Truck is on the road again.

Come ride the best mountain bikes made today: Mach 4, Mach 5, Mach 429 and Firebird in all sizes. We'll also have the BH road fleet available: the outstanding G5, ultralight Connect, sublime Cristal and sporty Speedrom.

Feb 27: Black Mountain Open Space Preserve, in conjunction with Black Mountain Bicycles, San Diego. www.blackmountainbicycles.com for more info.

Feb 28: Fullerton Loop in conjunction with La Habra Cycles. We're setting up at the courthouse. www.lahabracyclery.com for more info.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    rain is forcasted to make landfall on a saturday. is this event weather permitting or is it happening rain or shine?

mtbr member
    Jul 2006

BMOSP north side too muddy to ride

I rode in the BMOSP this morning, north side of Carmel Valley Rd / Bernardo Center Dr. It was fine on Friday, and another local riding spot that shall remain unnamed was awesome on Sunday, so I decided to chance it. It was completely unridable in spots. So much mud caked on the tires and in fork crown & seatstay that the wheels wouldn't even turn. Didn't ride the south side up Black Mountain so maybe that's OK but if it rains at all on Saturday I doubt the north side will be a good venue for a demo.

Rejoicing always!
    I just rode in to work on the trails, and they were awesome! Not sure if the rain will come hard and fast before 9 a.m. I actually saw the owner of BM Bicycles (whose name I immediately forgot) and Chris, and they are going to hold the demo. They were out posting signs, and they are cutting Miner's Ridge Loop from the menu, as the expected crowds are going to be large. He wants to make sure everyone has a chance to play.

Rejoicing always!

No trail time, demo still there

The bikes are there, the free coffee is there, the trails have been deemed a bad idea. THe park ranger was okay with it, but one of the shop guys went out on the trail about 40 yards, came back, and the bike weighed 22 pounds more than when it started. Between that, and the fact that the trails were subject to being injured from usage, the call was made,

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Has the demo been rescheduled for SD? I'd sure like to demo a Firebird.

Geritol Power
    Quote Originally Posted by .Shawn.
    Has the demo been rescheduled for SD? I'd sure like to demo a Firebird.
    You should have been there. I hucked curbs and ran over dog poop on a Firebird I had fun. Was still nice to ride the bikes even on a little patches of dirt between a large patch of asphalt. The biggest hit of the day I think was the electric bike from Trek. Awesome machine. Specialized did not bring a single FSR 29er. They suck for that fail. Black Mountain Bikes let me ride their own nice less expensive model demo Stumpjumper 29 though. Pivots are good. So are Yeti's. Kick Ass Coffee was good too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Dangit!!!!

Rejoicing always!

Duzitall: who were you?

Hey Duzitall, I was the Moron who chose the absolutely hardest portion of the downpour during which to demo the firebird. Tan jacket, jeans, white helmet, big grin.

And they are called Bad Ass Coffee, referring to some ill-tempered donkeys in Hawaii. Srsly.

But yes, it was fun, and yes, the BMB folks are great. Signs are still up on the trails.

Geritol Power
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffmayne
    Hey Duzitall, I was the Moron who chose the absolutely hardest portion of the downpour during which to demo the firebird. Tan jacket, jeans, white helmet, big grin.

And they are called Bad Ass Coffee, referring to some ill-tempered donkeys in Hawaii. Srsly.

But yes, it was fun, and yes, the BMB folks are great. Signs are still up on the trails.
    I was wearing black and red kit with a black wind breaker/rain coat and a big grin. Bad Ass Coffee is indeed named after the Kona coffee pack mules. Brain and Matt of Black Mountain Bikes are real nice. About the time you were testing the Firebird I was leaving to go buy a new pistol.