Thread: Pirate Ride!!!

mtbr member

Pirate Ride!!!

What: Semi-Every once in a while- Pirate Ride!
    When: Saturday-August 9th at 2pm
    Where: Aliso Woods and Canyon Parking Lot (by the church)
    How: Well you simply dress up like a pirate, get on your bike and ride. Well it is a little more involved than that but you get the gist of it.

Alcohol is not permitted in the park! Please bring a little something to share with others. This is in reference to food guys.

For those unaware about my dress up rides... everyone dresses up. We party like rock stars! It is all about the fun and no one is left behind. The ride will be about 6 miles long and probably take 4 hours.

We will leave the parking lot as close to 2pm as possible. Then we head to Coyote and up Cholla. Once at the top of Cholla we head to the top of Lynx and the party starts. Down Lynx to Coyote and back to the cars. From there, either to the Brewery or where ever we all choose.

Hope you can make it!
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I dare someone to wear an eyepatch,

NEWBIE WAN KENOBI
    i dare someone go naked with an eyepatch hahaha
    DO YOU BUTT QUEEF ?

mtbr member
    Arrrgh you all going solo or can wife/girlfriends meet up at the final drinking/meeting location?

mtbr member
    This is a total chill ride. Easy pace, music, fun and laughter. There will be plenty of wenches there!!!!
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

mtbr member
    Fun Ride!! We even made the paper. OC Register
    Giant Trance Advanced SL0
    Black Cat 26 " SS

mtbr member
    May 2008
    U guys need to sync this ride up with talk like a pirate day, which just happens to be coming up next month on a Friday, which lends itself well to a fun filled all day dress, talk and ride like a pirate extravaganza lol. Maybe we could achieve pirate biking critical mass

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Craptasticycle
    Maybe we could achieve pirate biking critical mass

]

critical mass just plain sucks....if they rode, didn't block or slow traffic then it would be good....but makes me just want to run everyone over and I ride bikes
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    critical mass just plain sucks....if they rode, didn't block or slow traffic then it would be good....but makes me just want to run everyone over and I ride bikes
    Haha - 'shiver me timbers' posting in a pirate thread Arrrr, you be rite matey, never a scurvier bunch or bilge rats have taken to the road than the critical mass scalllywags.

I was just refering to the semi well known, well attended side of critical mass - not suggesting anyone actually ACT like pirates and take over the roads lol.

Flaccid Member
    Sep 2007
    By the time you are 50 and taking a good crap feels better than getting laid, "Critical Mass" takes on a whole new meaning. I usually reach critical mass daily, usually sometime after my second cup of coffee.
    I would not want to reach "critical mass" on a mountain bike ride.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Craptasticycle
    Haha - 'shiver me timbers' posting in a pirate thread Arrrr, you be rite matey, never a scurvier bunch or bilge rats have taken to the road than the critical mass scalllywags.

I was just refering to the semi well known, well attended side of critical mass - not suggesting anyone actually ACT like pirates and take over the roads lol.
    arrr.....ye an me be best mateys.....
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days