Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Physical Therapist recommendations?

690 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Pilot 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has a Physical Therapist in the LA area that they would like to recommend? I have a Tibial Plateau fracture that I need to start rehabbing. It would be nice to find a PT that is a cyclist.

Any recommendations?

#4 ·
Hi yangpei. I live in Chatsworth and work in Hollywood. No surgery for the fracture. It is a Schatzker type V fracture, but the articular surface was not depressed so I did not have to have surgery. I am now 12 weeks out, and just starting partial weight bearing. But I have been riding my trainer every day for about 3 weeks now.

I also have a history of chronic Achilles Tendonitis from cycling, and saddle sores. I think I have some structural/biomechanical issues in addition to my fracture, so that is why I am hoping to find a PT with some insight into cycling.

#5 ·
Schatzker V is a pretty serious plateau fracture! You must have been in a cast for a while. You should definitely work hard to regain your ROM first, and then worry about strength. Sorry, I can't be of much help in Chatsworth or Hollywood areas. I practice in the San Gabriel Valley area, and one of my riding buddies is a physical therapist as well as an avid road and mountain biker. But, it's a little far for you. If you don't mind the hike, his name is Eric and he's at Turning Point Physical Therapy in Temple City. An earlier poster mentioned Kerlan Jobe. They usually have pretty good sports PT, and you will likely find a therapist who is a cyclist or triathlete. Good luck. Anthony.

#6 ·
PT in LA

I'm sorry to hear about your injury, but it's good that you've been able to get back on your trainer. I agree with Anthony that ROM is your first priority, however, since you are already back on your trainer you must be coming along pretty well. I agree with your assessment about biomechanical issues due to your saddle sores and Achilles tendonitis. I'd be more than happy to take a look at your knee, but I'd be remiss if I didn't advise you to take a look at Forster Physical Therapy. I've never dealt with them personally, but I've read about them and they seem to be what you are looking for. Their also a little closer to your home in Chatsworth then we are(Temple City), and they have Saturday appointments as well. Check out there website at http://forsterpt.com/. They are apparently affilitated with Phase IV health and nutrition which can pretty much deal with all of your cycling needs. You can also see their ads in Competitor magazine. Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions. Eric

#7 ·
Thanks for the responses, guys. I will see how I do with someone a bit closer to home/work, but if I am not getting the insight I need, I will either post up some questions or maybe drive out to Temple City! Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.