mtbr member
    May 2004

The Path Shop any good?

I heard about that Path shop down there was wonderin how their mail order is n' such?
    Sound of Tires on Dirt - Sole Music; shared with friends - Soul Music.

ali'i hua
    mail order is pretty good from what i understand- they're my LBS (trust me, a bad thing for your wallet) but have only heard good about M.O.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrdr98
    I heard about that Path shop down there was wonderin how their mail order is n' such?
    I've visited the shop and called them up to have them mail out stuff I can't find in stock anywhere near me, and both experiences have been good. If you call early enough in the day they'll ship your stuff out same day. I've always gotten what I ordered, and since I'm in So Cal, ground shipping is next day.

No one locally has had at one point or another in the past few months the following: pink King front ISO hub; 26" Nevegal 2.35's; Juicy 7 180mm front brake. The Path had all of them in stock. In addition to that kind of thing, we've gone in an purchased Oakley baggies, a Fox windbreaker jacket, Oakley mountain bike jerseys, 29" Nevegals, Resolution, Rampages, socks for my sister, a Dos Niner tee, a match maker (so you've only got one clamp for brake/shifter), Mallet M's in red... the list goes on. Everyone in the shop is helpful.

I'd recommend hitting them up if you're ever in town, because they've got an amazing selection of stuff. Only store I've seen that has that many cool frames on the wall/ceiling, a selection of Boone ti rings, and Industry Nine wheels.

nerfherder
    Ridiculously good selection. Real nice and helpful staff. I've had no complaints although they're local so I haven't done any MO from them.

mtbr member
    no they suck.... i hate going in there and leaving with less money in my pocket o well, i'm addicted to bikes and they're my pusher... its hard to not spend money after walking into that place and if by any chance they don't have something in stock that you need, they can normally get it in within a few days

i give them a rating of in a z formation

34N 118W
    I stopped in there once to use their bathroom. The toilet seat was comfy and they have cool bike posters on the bathroom walls. That's about all I know. People seem to like them.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    they don't got no bathroom - it's upstairs in the adjacent building?

mtbr member
    aint no need to go to no upstairs bathroom - they has one by the backdoor downstairs inside

34N 118W
    shoot, where was I then? small metal basin in the corner with a brush for cleaning up.....smelled kinda like solvent or something. Maybe that wasn't the bathroom.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Bike rental

I came accross this BS from another thread and was recommended to me as I plan to visit there sometime early August. I am planning to rent a bike from them I know that they are in OC and I'll be at whittier.
    How much do they usually charge for renting specialized FS? or if they ever do rent.

mtbr member
    i know they rent as i saw rental bikes at their shop. how much they charge or what bikes they have available for rent i am not sure.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    The don't technically "rent," they "demo" for $55 a day, which can be attributed to the purchase of a new bike.

The Path is the best little bike shop I've ever been inside of.

Everything you need, very few things you don't and a few you can just dream about.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    i like the Path then for mail order and will use them when I need to. Thanks all!
    I'll probaby move back when I"m ready. I need to have mechanics do the work anyway since I don't do much more than fix my flats LOL!
    Last edited by mtnbkrdr98; 04-25-2007 at 04:03 PM.

mtbr member

the Path rocks....

...awesome shop with an awesome crew! They have everything you need and if by some very slim chance they don't, they'll get it for you fast.

I was just in there yesterday and it's always a good time seeing and talking with the crew; Tani, Karl, Mondo, Brian, Dave and etc...as well as other familar faces...Pat and Maxwell.

Heck, they're so cool, Brian was walking around with a box of fresh pastries and offering them to all the customers and crew....now that's great service!
    Last edited by Burdman; 04-25-2007 at 11:37 AM.

Jus' Ridin' Along

You've been there

Did you forget?
    I remember seeing you at The Path many years ago before you moved to ID. I believe you were buying a Jamis to replace your Santa Cruz. I'm sure Tani will recall.
    If ya gotta good tool, build a shed over it

"The most blatant lies are told just after a fishing trip, during a war, and just before an election"

Just another FOCer
    You have been in Idaho a long time now.

The Path now has two bathrooms downstairs. Boo Yah!!!

Hard to believe the whole stop once fit into 101 aka the showroom area:

"I hope your gravity droppers all seize up....BASTIDS." - Aquaholic

[SIZE="1"]NLZ
    The Path Bike Shop
    Winston presents - Socal Videos[/SIZE]

Mashers Only!!
    I'm a little late on this one but they rock!!! Never used the bathroom but it looks OK...

HUGH

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston
    Hard to believe the whole stop once fit into 101 aka the showroom area:

Year's ago that room used to be my State Farm insurance agent's office. I think Tani should buy the whole building and turn part of it into a pub with micro brews and mtb vids running all day.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hiya Mr. Loeffler.

Dang I must have ate a bad potatoes or sumthin!! the kind that are good for makin vodka or sumthin :-)

I do remember seeing you there, it was a friday evening after work and you brought in a 6 pack of brews to share with a few in the crew.

I bought a 5 Spot from him a few years back - just the frame. They shipped it to me and with the amount of protective packing they used it could have survived a train wreck!

Love that bike, it's a climbing and singletrack machine.

You riding the Trek STP I think it was?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Winston,

Many riders here would be droolin at that site. There's shops here just as well stocked but they are much, much more like JAX. Not knockng JAX but just making a simile comparison.

There is one up and coming custom shop here, Custom Cycles and he's a really cool guy so hope the same gold good luck comes onto him as for Tani! He doesn't yet have the capital to stock his shop real well so orders from QBP as folks need it. He is the only Turner dealer in SW Idaho that I know of though.