Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    An off leash dog at Hodges? My goodness, I just can't believe it! I thought this area was full of responsible dog owners who obey the laws and would never ignore the signs that say dogs must be leashed and that they are not allowed in the water because they can contaminate the water with Ecoli.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Park rangers can't write citations for off leash dogs?-600_11946489.jpg  

Park rangers can't write citations for off leash dogs?-600_11946505.jpg  

Park rangers can't write citations for off leash dogs?-600_13145023.jpg  

Park rangers can't write citations for off leash dogs?-600_13145628.jpg  

Park rangers can't write citations for off leash dogs?-600_13145666.jpg  

http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts View Post
    An off leash dog at Hodges? My goodness, I just can't believe it! I thought this area was full of responsible dog owners who obey the laws and would never ignore the signs that say dogs must be leashed and that they are not allowed in the water because they can contaminate the water with Ecoli.
    Straight from the whiner himself.

Park rangers can't write citations for off leash dogs?
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa.........
    Last edited by SpinDirt; 07-30-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Using the internets rule number 2675. If you fail at being clever you can always try being un-original.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Using the internets rule number 2675. If you fail at being clever you can always try being un-original.
    Like that makes any sense, go back to Hodges and stalk around with your camera. Waaaa there's a dog off the leash someone e-mail the rangers quick.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinDirt View Post
    Like that makes any sense, go back to Hodges and stalk around with your camera. Waaaa there's a dog off the leash someone e-mail the rangers quick.
    I'm not suprised that my remark made no sense to you. Here let me help you. What I meant was that you are unwilling or unable to come up with any new material to entertain us (this is the failing at clever part) so you just use someone elses material to make your point (this is the un-original part). Actually, those photos are from the dog owners themselves.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I'm not suprised that my remark made no sense to you. Here let me help you. What I meant was that you are unwilling or unable to come up with any new material to entertain us (this is the failing at clever part) so you just use someone elses material to make your point (this is the un-original part). Actually, those photos are from the dog owners themselves.
    The amazing thing is after I pointed out that your comment made no sense, you re-read it and still think it made sense.
    Here is what you said:

Here is what you should have said to make sense.
    Using the internet rule number 2675. If you fail at being clever you can always try being original.

MTC rep for LPCPCAC
    Bit on Sunday July 29 on the Lusardi loop heading towards Hodges. "Oh, he has never done anything like this before". The dog was off leash and the owner was easily 100 yards away. Why am I suffering for the irresponsible acts of the owner?

An unleashed dog IS a problem on ALL trails. Take them to dog beach or take them to a dog park if you want your dog to run free. A well controlled dog is a safe dog.
    Apathy will get you exactly what you deserve

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    sanmangts is not the problem, he is simply reporting an issue. Spin Dirt obviously believes well behaved dogs should be allowed off leash.

Bankerboy is documented proof that non-well behaved unleashed dogs are out on our trails.

The obvious to me solution would be for Spin Dirt to eliminate all the non-well behaved unleashed dogs on the trails. This would leave only well behaved unleashed dogs on the trails, Spin Dirt would not have to listen to what he describes as "whinning", and the rest of us riders could ride carefree, knowing that without a doubt in our minds, that all the dogs frollicking carefree as dogs should (I think I read this statement somewhere in this trainwreck), will not inflict damage unto us as experienced by Bankerboy.
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Pilot View Post
    sanmangts is not the problem, he is simply reporting an issue. Spin Dirt obviously believes well behaved dogs should be allowed off leash.

Bankerboy is documented proof that non-well behaved unleashed dogs are out on our trails.

The obvious to me solution would be for Spin Dirt to eliminate all the non-well behaved unleashed dogs on the trails. This would leave only well behaved unleashed dogs on the trails, Spin Dirt would not have to listen to what he describes as "whinning", and the rest of us riders could ride carefree, knowing that without a doubt in our minds, that all the dogs frollicking carefree as dogs should (I think I read this statement somewhere in this trainwreck), will not inflict damage unto utts as experienced by Bankerboy.
    Ha,ha...B.P. I knew I could count on you to make sense of it all. And when I get to a real computer I will certainly +Rep u for it. In the meantime you can count on me to quit my day job and get out and patrol all the unruly dogs wandering our trails. As for Sandmagst all I can say is "stop acting like a 90 year old constipated hiker and whining about every little bothersome creature on our trails. Maybe you could patrol for
    Rattlesnakes,mountainlions,bears,scorpions,spiders ,coyotes,foxes,hawks, and the dreaded chipmunks.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bankerboy View Post
    Bit on Sunday July 29 on the Lusardi loop heading towards Hodges. "Oh, he has never done anything like this before". The dog was off leash and the owner was easily 100 yards away. Why am I suffering for the irresponsible acts of the owner?

An unleashed dog IS a problem on ALL trails. Take them to dog beach or take them to a dog park if you want your dog to run free. A well controlled dog is a safe dog.
    I hope you are 100% certain, by reporting this incident and having the authorities check, that the dog has up to date vaccinations.

That dog's owner is fully liable for any harm or damage their off-leash dog does.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

Single(Pivot)and Happy
    Spin Dirt, you forgot about the squirrels. How could you forget about the squirrels?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Raton View Post
    I hope you are 100% certain, by reporting this incident and having the authorities check, that the dog has up to date vaccinations.

That dog's owner is fully liable for any harm or damage their off-leash dog does.
    Yep I'm just glad my dog ignores all other trail users And follows all of my commands to a T. He also ignores all other dogs even the out of control aggressive ones. He walks right by ones that are on leash and barking and yanking thief owner down trail. I fully agree that the owner is responsible for any harm by an off leash dog. But how many off leash dogs are aggressive. Not too many dumb owners would take that chance. Most of the bites are from nervous people wielding sticks due to all together being afraid of dogs in general.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Pilot View Post
    Spin Dirt, you forgot about the squirrels. How could you forget about the squirrels?
    Oh yes the squirrels! those trails are a dangerous place my friends. How dare those that add one more thing to stress on like an unleashed Beagle.
    Last edited by SpinDirt; 07-31-2012 at 05:34 PM.

MTC rep for LPCPCAC
    Yep I'm just glad my dog ignores all other trail users And follows all of my commands to a T. He also ignores all other dogs even the out of control aggressive ones. He walks right by ones that are on leash and barking and yanking thief owner down trail. I fully agree that the owner is responsible for any harm by an off leash dog. But how many off leash dogs are aggressive. Not too many dumb owners would take that chance. Most of the bites are from nervous people wielding sticks due to all together being afraid of dogs in general.
    You know what? YOU CAN KISS MY A$$. It is ignorant pricks like you that think their dog is not the problem. Well guess what genius? While the odds are against me getting bit, it still happened by a dog who "has never acted aggressively towards anybody before".

I love how you are insinuating that it was my fault. Having raised dogs all my life, there is no fear. I can read an aggressive stance on a dog quite easily. I just wasn't fast enough this time.

Guess I am just lucky by your standards. Was it my fault for riding on a fire road and trying to avoid the confrontation? I must have provoked him by trying to get the bike between myself and him. It was my fault for blatantly sticking my leg out and allowing him to sink his fangs into it. I was SO wrong. Please forgive me Mr. “I got complete control of my dog”.

Your dog is a free thinking animal, no matter how trained. Keep it on a leash, period.

BTW, what is your stance on horses on the trail? Are you willing to ride next to one on a trail because the owner has trained his horse to “follow commands to a T”?

I doubt it.
    Last edited by bankerboy; 07-31-2012 at 03:15 PM.
    Apathy will get you exactly what you deserve

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    I think those of us who have been attacked should just suck it up and stop whinning. Clearly the law is open to interpretation.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I guess the laws do not apply to you?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I think those of us who have been attacked should just suck it up and stop whinning. Clearly the law is open to interpretation.
    I think the opposite of "whinning" is "loosing". Does that sound about right?

It could be that some of the people out there who are so afraid of dogs are so because they have been bitten before.

I would call such a fear a rational one.
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

banned
    Nov 2011
    It's insolent pricks like you that are a cancer upon the trails.

How would you feel if one day you were out walking your dog (off leash) and along comes a mountain biker at full speed around a blind corner and hits your dog (accidentally of course) and causes it major injury or death?

Or what if one day your off leash dog decides to bite a little kid on the trail? Don't give me your "My dog is very obedient and would never do something like that" bull sh!t. Despite how trained they are, an animal can always go crazy and attack for no reason one day. Remember Siegfried and Roy? Or the lady who got mauled by the Chimp? I can go on and on of trained animals who have attacked for no reason.

Put your brain to use and start leashing your dog you moronic simpleton.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bankerboy View Post
    You know what? YOU CAN KISS MY A$$. It is ignorant pricks like you that think their dog is not the problem. Well guess what genius? While the odds are against me getting bit, it still happened by a dog who "has never acted aggressively towards anybody before".

I love how you are insinuating that it was my fault. Having raised dogs all my life, there is no fear. I can read an aggressive stance on a dog quite easily. I just wasn't fast enough this time.

Guess I am just lucky by your standards. Was it my fault for riding on a fire road and trying to avoid the confrontation? I must have provoked him by trying to get the bike between myself and him. It was my fault for blatantly sticking my leg out and allowing him to sink his fangs into it. I was SO wrong. Please forgive me Mr. “I got complete control of my dog”.

Your dog is a free thinking animal, no matter how trained. Keep it on a leash, period.

BTW, what is your stance on horses on the trail? Are you willing to ride next to one on a trail because the owner has trained his horse to “follow commands to a T”?

I doubt it.
    Wow dude you took that completely out of context. I wasn't talking about what happened to you. I was saying the majority of the dogs off leash are nice. And that the people that have aggressive dogs who let them off leash are jackasses. My dog is under control off leash as is many others. If the owner has no control then the dog should be leashed. And any dog that does cause injury the owner should and is responsible. So anyway my comment wasn't directed at what happened to you.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Addict View Post
    It's insolent pricks like you that are a cancer upon the trails.

How would you feel if one day you were out walking your dog (off leash) and along comes a mountain biker at full speed around a blind corner and hits your dog (accidentally of course) and causes it major injury or death?

Or what if one day your off leash dog decides to bite a little kid on the trail? Don't give me your "My dog is very obedient and would never do something like that" bull sh!t. Despite how trained they are, an animal can always go crazy and attack for no reason one day. Remember Siegfried and Roy? Or the lady who got mauled by the Chimp? I can go on and on of trained animals who have attacked for no reason.

Put your brain to use and start leashing your dog you moronic simpleton.

Really! You are comparing apples to oranges. A tiger and a chimp are wild animals. Even if they were born and bread in captivity. Yes my dog is obedient and "EVERYBODY" that comes in contact with him loves him. I will warn you though don't get your face too close he may lick you to death. I don't know how long it would take for you to die from this,as it has never happened. I suppose it would be a long drawn out wet death. As far as a mtber hitting him at full speed, not. He is a dog and can hear you coming long before you get there. He hears you and steps off the trail and lets you by. Then he moseys on his way down the trail minding his own business. BTW,Nice name calling throughout your post what are you 5 years old.
    Trail Addict coming in contact with my dog. Hurry quick someone e-mail the rangers.

Last edited by SpinDirt; 07-31-2012 at 06:13 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I guess the laws do not apply to you?
    No little Oliver they don't.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Ok, so SpinDirt. I have just two questions for you.
    1. Do you walk your dog off leash in areas where leash laws are in effect?
    2. You say your dog is nice and I am sure he is. My dog is nice too. How exactly are others supposed to know that?
    3. Here is my nice dog. Should I decide to let this 94 pound, incredibly strong animal roam free should I be suprised or offended that others are uncomfortable with that?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Ok, so SpinDirt. I have just two questions for you.
    1. Do you walk your dog off leash in areas where leash laws are in effect?
    2. You say your dog is nice and I am sure he is. My dog is nice too. How exactly are others supposed to know that?
    3. Here is my nice dog. Should I decide to let this 94 pound, incredibly strong animal roam free should I be suprised or offended that others are uncomfortable with that?

1] Yes
    2] Because "every time" we come in contact with another trail user the first thing out of my mouth is "don't worry he's nice. 99% of the time they say thank-you and stop and talk and pet him. The other 1% they just say thank-you and continue on.
    3] Your dog looks to be a cute bundle of black fur. But I love all dogs. He also looks to have some Pit Bull Terrior in him. So probably not the best of dogs to let off leash. But if he is as nice as you say and you trust him then yes by all means let him enjoy his life off leash. But do like I do and let others know he is nice. I can't stress this enough it's the people that have off leash dogs [even though they are nice] that don't verbally let others know he is nice. People really appreciate it and warm right up to him. it's the not knowing that scares them.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Fine. Thank you for answering my questions. A few points though. First off you may remember a few details of the two attacks I described in this thread and its funny you mention that you always say don't worry he's nice. That is exactly what a young lady told me in PQ literally 2 seconds before her boxer sank his teeth into my left leg. Ironically the owner of the dog that jumped me at Hodges said his dog was friendly after the dog jumped me. I can only assume these people believed they were telling the truth before their previously well behaved dogs made liars out of them. And by the way my dog is a Saint bernard, lab mix.

So with that said, here is my last question to all. If you see my dog walking towards you and I say "don't worry, he is nice" would you be worried?

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Fine. Thank you for answering my questions. A few points though. First off you may remember a few details of the two attacks I described in this thread and its funny you mention that you always say don't worry he's nice. That is exactly what a young lady told me in PQ literally 2 seconds before her boxer sank his teeth into my left leg. Ironically the owner of the dog that jumped me at Hodges said his dog was friendly after the dog jumped me. I can only assume these people believed they were telling the truth before their previously well behaved dogs made liars out of them. And by the way my dog is a Saint bernard, lab mix.

So with that said, here is my last question to all. If you see my dog walking towards you and I say "don't nice" worry, he is would you be worried?

Yeah it's like everything in life there is always those that ruin it for everyone else. It's obvious that those owners were clueless about their dogs. And as far as you saying "don't worry he is nice" yes I would trust you, or anyone that said that. And if he bit me or anyone yes the owner should be held liable.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast