Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 101 to 150 of 153
  1. #101
    Master of the Face Plant
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    An off leash dog at Hodges? My goodness, I just can't believe it! I thought this area was full of responsible dog owners who obey the laws and would never ignore the signs that say dogs must be leashed and that they are not allowed in the water because they can contaminate the water with Ecoli.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Park rangers can't write citations for off leash dogs?-600_11946489.jpg  

    Park rangers can't write citations for off leash dogs?-600_11946505.jpg  

    Park rangers can't write citations for off leash dogs?-600_13145023.jpg  

    Park rangers can't write citations for off leash dogs?-600_13145628.jpg  

    Park rangers can't write citations for off leash dogs?-600_13145666.jpg  

    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

  2. #102
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts View Post
    An off leash dog at Hodges? My goodness, I just can't believe it! I thought this area was full of responsible dog owners who obey the laws and would never ignore the signs that say dogs must be leashed and that they are not allowed in the water because they can contaminate the water with Ecoli.
    Straight from the whiner himself.

    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NiquICTxSlc?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AkggyqUWDME?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>


    Park rangers can't write citations for off leash dogs?
    Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa.........
    Last edited by SpinDirt; 07-30-2012 at 03:51 PM.

  3. #103
    Master of the Face Plant
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    Using the internets rule number 2675. If you fail at being clever you can always try being un-original.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

  4. #104
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts View Post
    Using the internets rule number 2675. If you fail at being clever you can always try being un-original.
    Like that makes any sense, go back to Hodges and stalk around with your camera. Waaaa there's a dog off the leash someone e-mail the rangers quick.

  5. #105
    Master of the Face Plant
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinDirt View Post
    Like that makes any sense, go back to Hodges and stalk around with your camera. Waaaa there's a dog off the leash someone e-mail the rangers quick.
    I'm not suprised that my remark made no sense to you. Here let me help you. What I meant was that you are unwilling or unable to come up with any new material to entertain us (this is the failing at clever part) so you just use someone elses material to make your point (this is the un-original part). Actually, those photos are from the dog owners themselves.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

  6. #106
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts View Post
    I'm not suprised that my remark made no sense to you. Here let me help you. What I meant was that you are unwilling or unable to come up with any new material to entertain us (this is the failing at clever part) so you just use someone elses material to make your point (this is the un-original part). Actually, those photos are from the dog owners themselves.
    The amazing thing is after I pointed out that your comment made no sense, you re-read it and still think it made sense.
    Here is what you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts View Post
    Using the internets rule number 2675. If you fail at being clever you can always try being un-original.

    Here is what you should have said to make sense.
    Using the internet rule number 2675. If you fail at being clever you can always try being original.

  7. #107
    BM and PQ Trail Rep
    Reputation: bankerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,585
    Bit on Sunday July 29 on the Lusardi loop heading towards Hodges. "Oh, he has never done anything like this before". The dog was off leash and the owner was easily 100 yards away. Why am I suffering for the irresponsible acts of the owner?



    An unleashed dog IS a problem on ALL trails. Take them to dog beach or take them to a dog park if you want your dog to run free. A well controlled dog is a safe dog.
    Apathy will get you exactly what you deserve

  8. #108
    Single(Pivot)and Happy
    Reputation: Boulder Pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,461
    sanmangts is not the problem, he is simply reporting an issue. Spin Dirt obviously believes well behaved dogs should be allowed off leash.

    Bankerboy is documented proof that non-well behaved unleashed dogs are out on our trails.

    The obvious to me solution would be for Spin Dirt to eliminate all the non-well behaved unleashed dogs on the trails. This would leave only well behaved unleashed dogs on the trails, Spin Dirt would not have to listen to what he describes as "whinning", and the rest of us riders could ride carefree, knowing that without a doubt in our minds, that all the dogs frollicking carefree as dogs should (I think I read this statement somewhere in this trainwreck), will not inflict damage unto us as experienced by Bankerboy.
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

  9. #109
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Pilot View Post
    sanmangts is not the problem, he is simply reporting an issue. Spin Dirt obviously believes well behaved dogs should be allowed off leash.

    Bankerboy is documented proof that non-well behaved unleashed dogs are out on our trails.

    The obvious to me solution would be for Spin Dirt to eliminate all the non-well behaved unleashed dogs on the trails. This would leave only well behaved unleashed dogs on the trails, Spin Dirt would not have to listen to what he describes as "whinning", and the rest of us riders could ride carefree, knowing that without a doubt in our minds, that all the dogs frollicking carefree as dogs should (I think I read this statement somewhere in this trainwreck), will not inflict damage unto utts as experienced by Bankerboy.
    Ha,ha...B.P. I knew I could count on you to make sense of it all. And when I get to a real computer I will certainly +Rep u for it. In the meantime you can count on me to quit my day job and get out and patrol all the unruly dogs wandering our trails. As for Sandmagst all I can say is "stop acting like a 90 year old constipated hiker and whining about every little bothersome creature on our trails. Maybe you could patrol for
    Rattlesnakes,mountainlions,bears,scorpions,spiders ,coyotes,foxes,hawks, and the dreaded chipmunks.

  10. #110
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,816
    Quote Originally Posted by bankerboy View Post
    Bit on Sunday July 29 on the Lusardi loop heading towards Hodges. "Oh, he has never done anything like this before". The dog was off leash and the owner was easily 100 yards away. Why am I suffering for the irresponsible acts of the owner?



    An unleashed dog IS a problem on ALL trails. Take them to dog beach or take them to a dog park if you want your dog to run free. A well controlled dog is a safe dog.
    I hope you are 100% certain, by reporting this incident and having the authorities check, that the dog has up to date vaccinations.

    That dog's owner is fully liable for any harm or damage their off-leash dog does.

  11. #111
    Single(Pivot)and Happy
    Reputation: Boulder Pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,461
    Spin Dirt, you forgot about the squirrels. How could you forget about the squirrels?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

  12. #112
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Raton View Post
    I hope you are 100% certain, by reporting this incident and having the authorities check, that the dog has up to date vaccinations.

    That dog's owner is fully liable for any harm or damage their off-leash dog does.
    Yep I'm just glad my dog ignores all other trail users And follows all of my commands to a T. He also ignores all other dogs even the out of control aggressive ones. He walks right by ones that are on leash and barking and yanking thief owner down trail. I fully agree that the owner is responsible for any harm by an off leash dog. But how many off leash dogs are aggressive. Not too many dumb owners would take that chance. Most of the bites are from nervous people wielding sticks due to all together being afraid of dogs in general.

  13. #113
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Pilot View Post
    Spin Dirt, you forgot about the squirrels. How could you forget about the squirrels?
    Oh yes the squirrels! those trails are a dangerous place my friends. How dare those that add one more thing to stress on like an unleashed Beagle.
    Last edited by SpinDirt; 07-31-2012 at 04:34 PM.

  14. #114
    BM and PQ Trail Rep
    Reputation: bankerboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,585
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinDirt View Post
    Yep I'm just glad my dog ignores all other trail users And follows all of my commands to a T. He also ignores all other dogs even the out of control aggressive ones. He walks right by ones that are on leash and barking and yanking thief owner down trail. I fully agree that the owner is responsible for any harm by an off leash dog. But how many off leash dogs are aggressive. Not too many dumb owners would take that chance. Most of the bites are from nervous people wielding sticks due to all together being afraid of dogs in general.
    You know what? YOU CAN KISS MY A$$. It is ignorant pricks like you that think their dog is not the problem. Well guess what genius? While the odds are against me getting bit, it still happened by a dog who "has never acted aggressively towards anybody before".

    I love how you are insinuating that it was my fault. Having raised dogs all my life, there is no fear. I can read an aggressive stance on a dog quite easily. I just wasn't fast enough this time.

    Guess I am just lucky by your standards. Was it my fault for riding on a fire road and trying to avoid the confrontation? I must have provoked him by trying to get the bike between myself and him. It was my fault for blatantly sticking my leg out and allowing him to sink his fangs into it. I was SO wrong. Please forgive me Mr. “I got complete control of my dog”.

    Your dog is a free thinking animal, no matter how trained. Keep it on a leash, period.

    BTW, what is your stance on horses on the trail? Are you willing to ride next to one on a trail because the owner has trained his horse to “follow commands to a T”?

    I doubt it.
    Last edited by bankerboy; 07-31-2012 at 02:15 PM.
    Apathy will get you exactly what you deserve

  15. #115
    Master of the Face Plant
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    I think those of us who have been attacked should just suck it up and stop whinning. Clearly the law is open to interpretation.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

  16. #116
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,027
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinDirt View Post
    Yep I'm just glad my dog ignores all other trail users And follows all of my commands to a T. He also ignores all other dogs even the out of control aggressive ones. He walks right by ones that are on leash and barking and yanking thief owner down trail. I fully agree that the owner is responsible for any harm by an off leash dog. But how many off leash dogs are aggressive. Not too many dumb owners would take that chance. Most of the bites are from nervous people wielding sticks due to all together being afraid of dogs in general.
    I guess the laws do not apply to you?

  17. #117
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,816
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts View Post
    I think those of us who have been attacked should just suck it up and stop whinning. Clearly the law is open to interpretation.
    I think the opposite of "whinning" is "loosing". Does that sound about right?

    It could be that some of the people out there who are so afraid of dogs are so because they have been bitten before.

    I would call such a fear a rational one.

  18. #118
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinDirt View Post
    Yep I'm just glad my dog ignores all other trail users And follows all of my commands to a T. He also ignores all other dogs even the out of control aggressive ones. He walks right by ones that are on leash and barking and yanking thief owner down trail. I fully agree that the owner is responsible for any harm by an off leash dog. But how many off leash dogs are aggressive. Not too many dumb owners would take that chance. Most of the bites are from nervous people wielding sticks due to all together being afraid of dogs in general.
    It's insolent pricks like you that are a cancer upon the trails.

    How would you feel if one day you were out walking your dog (off leash) and along comes a mountain biker at full speed around a blind corner and hits your dog (accidentally of course) and causes it major injury or death?

    Or what if one day your off leash dog decides to bite a little kid on the trail? Don't give me your "My dog is very obedient and would never do something like that" bull sh!t. Despite how trained they are, an animal can always go crazy and attack for no reason one day. Remember Siegfried and Roy? Or the lady who got mauled by the Chimp? I can go on and on of trained animals who have attacked for no reason.

    Put your brain to use and start leashing your dog you moronic simpleton.

  19. #119
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by bankerboy View Post
    You know what? YOU CAN KISS MY A$$. It is ignorant pricks like you that think their dog is not the problem. Well guess what genius? While the odds are against me getting bit, it still happened by a dog who "has never acted aggressively towards anybody before".

    I love how you are insinuating that it was my fault. Having raised dogs all my life, there is no fear. I can read an aggressive stance on a dog quite easily. I just wasn't fast enough this time.

    Guess I am just lucky by your standards. Was it my fault for riding on a fire road and trying to avoid the confrontation? I must have provoked him by trying to get the bike between myself and him. It was my fault for blatantly sticking my leg out and allowing him to sink his fangs into it. I was SO wrong. Please forgive me Mr. “I got complete control of my dog”.

    Your dog is a free thinking animal, no matter how trained. Keep it on a leash, period.

    BTW, what is your stance on horses on the trail? Are you willing to ride next to one on a trail because the owner has trained his horse to “follow commands to a T”?

    I doubt it.
    Wow dude you took that completely out of context. I wasn't talking about what happened to you. I was saying the majority of the dogs off leash are nice. And that the people that have aggressive dogs who let them off leash are jackasses. My dog is under control off leash as is many others. If the owner has no control then the dog should be leashed. And any dog that does cause injury the owner should and is responsible. So anyway my comment wasn't directed at what happened to you.

  20. #120
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Addict View Post
    It's insolent pricks like you that are a cancer upon the trails.

    How would you feel if one day you were out walking your dog (off leash) and along comes a mountain biker at full speed around a blind corner and hits your dog (accidentally of course) and causes it major injury or death?

    Or what if one day your off leash dog decides to bite a little kid on the trail? Don't give me your "My dog is very obedient and would never do something like that" bull sh!t. Despite how trained they are, an animal can always go crazy and attack for no reason one day. Remember Siegfried and Roy? Or the lady who got mauled by the Chimp? I can go on and on of trained animals who have attacked for no reason.

    Put your brain to use and start leashing your dog you moronic simpleton.

    Really! You are comparing apples to oranges. A tiger and a chimp are wild animals. Even if they were born and bread in captivity. Yes my dog is obedient and "EVERYBODY" that comes in contact with him loves him. I will warn you though don't get your face too close he may lick you to death. I don't know how long it would take for you to die from this,as it has never happened. I suppose it would be a long drawn out wet death. As far as a mtber hitting him at full speed, not. He is a dog and can hear you coming long before you get there. He hears you and steps off the trail and lets you by. Then he moseys on his way down the trail minding his own business. BTW,Nice name calling throughout your post what are you 5 years old.
    Trail Addict coming in contact with my dog. Hurry quick someone e-mail the rangers.

    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nTI8ViL-XO4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by SpinDirt; 07-31-2012 at 05:13 PM.

  21. #121
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I guess the laws do not apply to you?
    No little Oliver they don't.

  22. #122
    Master of the Face Plant
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    Ok, so SpinDirt. I have just two questions for you.
    1. Do you walk your dog off leash in areas where leash laws are in effect?
    2. You say your dog is nice and I am sure he is. My dog is nice too. How exactly are others supposed to know that?
    3. Here is my nice dog. Should I decide to let this 94 pound, incredibly strong animal roam free should I be suprised or offended that others are uncomfortable with that?
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts View Post
    Ok, so SpinDirt. I have just two questions for you.
    1. Do you walk your dog off leash in areas where leash laws are in effect?
    2. You say your dog is nice and I am sure he is. My dog is nice too. How exactly are others supposed to know that?
    3. Here is my nice dog. Should I decide to let this 94 pound, incredibly strong animal roam free should I be suprised or offended that others are uncomfortable with that?

    1] Yes
    2] Because "every time" we come in contact with another trail user the first thing out of my mouth is "don't worry he's nice. 99% of the time they say thank-you and stop and talk and pet him. The other 1% they just say thank-you and continue on.
    3] Your dog looks to be a cute bundle of black fur. But I love all dogs. He also looks to have some Pit Bull Terrior in him. So probably not the best of dogs to let off leash. But if he is as nice as you say and you trust him then yes by all means let him enjoy his life off leash. But do like I do and let others know he is nice. I can't stress this enough it's the people that have off leash dogs [even though they are nice] that don't verbally let others know he is nice. People really appreciate it and warm right up to him. it's the not knowing that scares them.

  24. #124
    Master of the Face Plant
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    Fine. Thank you for answering my questions. A few points though. First off you may remember a few details of the two attacks I described in this thread and its funny you mention that you always say don't worry he's nice. That is exactly what a young lady told me in PQ literally 2 seconds before her boxer sank his teeth into my left leg. Ironically the owner of the dog that jumped me at Hodges said his dog was friendly after the dog jumped me. I can only assume these people believed they were telling the truth before their previously well behaved dogs made liars out of them. And by the way my dog is a Saint bernard, lab mix.

    So with that said, here is my last question to all. If you see my dog walking towards you and I say "don't worry, he is nice" would you be worried?
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

  25. #125
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts View Post
    Fine. Thank you for answering my questions. A few points though. First off you may remember a few details of the two attacks I described in this thread and its funny you mention that you always say don't worry he's nice. That is exactly what a young lady told me in PQ literally 2 seconds before her boxer sank his teeth into my left leg. Ironically the owner of the dog that jumped me at Hodges said his dog was friendly after the dog jumped me. I can only assume these people believed they were telling the truth before their previously well behaved dogs made liars out of them. And by the way my dog is a Saint bernard, lab mix.

    So with that said, here is my last question to all. If you see my dog walking towards you and I say "don't nice" worry, he is would you be worried?


    Yeah it's like everything in life there is always those that ruin it for everyone else. It's obvious that those owners were clueless about their dogs. And as far as you saying "don't worry he is nice" yes I would trust you, or anyone that said that. And if he bit me or anyone yes the owner should be held liable.

  26. #126
    Master of the Face Plant
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinDirt View Post
    Yeah it's like everything in life there is always those that ruin it for everyone else. It's obvious that those owners were clueless about their dogs. And as far as you saying "don't worry he is nice" yes I would trust you, or anyone that said that. And if he bit me or anyone yes the owner should be held liable.
    I agree, there are those people that screw things up for everyone, unfortunately you may be one of them. You, like so many others believe that somehow the rules don't apply to you and you are willing to use whatever flawed logic you can come up with to support your reasoning. Choosing to trust a perfect stranger with my safety is something I am simply not willing to do and I would never expect anyone to trust me in that way. Like them or not the rules exist for a reason. Those of us who believe they should apply to everyone equally have the right to whine to the officials we charge with the enforcement of those rules. If you choose to continue to break the rules thats fine but don't be a whiner when you end up paying a fine. It all comes down to respecting other trail users. I recognize that while I may want to let my dog run others who have an equal right to enjoy the trails do not know or trust him and may be afraid of him. I am not under the illusion that my desire to let him loose supercedes the rights of others in any way.

    Here is my latest Negative rep: Learn to make sense. SD / I sign my neg's unlike you.

    Lets be clear, I don't need to neg rep you. You have done a better job at destroying your rep than I ever could. I could make a career out of making you look stupid but by the looks of it you have alread filled the position. Did that make sense? Lets make it easy, for any neg rep you have recieved or will recieve in the future why don't you just go ahead and assume it is from me. Thanks again for the entertainment.
    Last edited by sandmangts; 07-31-2012 at 07:20 PM.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

  27. #127
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by Boulder Pilot View Post
    Spin Dirt, you forgot about the squirrels. How could you forget about the squirrels?
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts View Post
    I agree, there are those people that screw things up for everyone, unfortunately you may be one of them. You, like so many others believe that somehow the rules don't apply to you and you are willing to use whatever flawed logic you can come up with to support your reasoning. Choosing to trust a perfect stranger with my safety is something I am simply not willing to do and I would never expect anyone to trust me in that way. Like them or not the rules exist for a reason. Those of us who believe they should apply to everyone equally have the right to whine to the officials we charge with the enforcement of those rules. If you choose to continue to break the rules thats fine but don't be a whiner when you end up paying a fine. It all comes down to respecting other trail users. I recognize that while I may want to let my dog run others who have an equal right to enjoy the trails do not know or trust him and may be afraid of him. I am not under the illusion that my desire to let him loose supercedes the rights of others in any way.

    Here is my latest Negative rep: Learn to make sense. SD / I sign my neg's unlike you.

    Lets be clear, I don't need to neg rep you. You have done a better job at destroying your rep than I ever could. I could make a career out of making you look stupid but by the looks of it you have alread filled the position. Did that make sense? Lets make it easy, for any neg rep you have recieved or will recieve in the future why don't you just go ahead and assume it is from me. Thanks again for the entertainment.
    Wow that was mouthful! And let me be the first to congratulate you on making some sense this time. I don't know why you are so serious about everything and why you feel possessed to E-mail the rangers about a dog or two being off leash. I just find that to be something a very uptight and usually an old person would do. Everybody has an opinion and I can take yours with respect. Obviously I don't agree with it but hey that's what makes the world go around. And I also see where you think we must all obey all rules and laws that are written. Some laws and rules should be obeyed but there are some that can be bent a little also. I'm not no matter how many fines I get quit letting my obedient dog enjoy life off leash. And just to let you know I sometimes speed on the freeway and if you would like I can provide you with times and freeways I travel. That way you can E-mail the CHP to correct the uptight problem. I'm looking forward to our future communications.

  28. #128
    Master of the Face Plant
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinDirt View Post
    Wow that was mouthful! And let me be the first to congratulate you on making some sense this time. I don't know why you are so serious about everything and why you feel possessed to E-mail the rangers about a dog or two being off leash. I just find that to be something a very uptight and usually an old person would do. Everybody has an opinion and I can take yours with respect. Obviously I don't agree with it but hey that's what makes the world go around. And I also see where you think we must all obey all rules and laws that are written. Some laws and rules should be obeyed but there are some that can be bent a little also. I'm not no matter how many fines I get quit letting my obedient dog enjoy life off leash. And just to let you know I sometimes speed on the freeway and if you would like I can provide you with times and freeways I travel. That way you can E-mail the CHP to correct the uptight problem. I'm looking forward to our future communications.
    Excellent. First off, when have you at any time shown any respect for others opinions? Was it when you were calling everybody who disagrees with you liars, whiners, uptight old people with sticks up their asses etc? Please don't try to pretend you have any respect for anything. You just said you are going to continue to break the law no matter what. As long as you are the one paying the consequences I am fine with that but in most cases somebody else is getting screwed by the actions of disrespectful people. Save your phony respect and just stick to what you are good at. Insults and rudeness.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

  29. #129
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts View Post
    Excellent. First off, when have you at any time shown any respect for others opinions? Was it when you were calling everybody who disagrees with you liars, whiners, uptight old people with sticks up their asses etc? Please don't try to pretend you have any respect for anything. You just said you are going to continue to break the law no matter what. As long as you are the one paying the consequences I am fine with that but in most cases somebody else is getting screwed by the actions of disrespectful people. Save your phony respect and just stick to what you are good at. Insults and rudeness.
    What? You may want to re-read this thread. There are plenty (including you) spewing out numerous insults. So I wasn't the only one and either were you. So get off your I'm better than you high horse. And yes I do respect you more than you know. In fact awhile back I was at Hodges and I stopped a dude with a dog off leash. I actually caught myself getting on my phone and e-mailing the rangers. So I'm waiting on a response which never happened. The off leash dog owner had somewhere to be and unfortunately didn't have time to wait around for his ticket. So now I'm thinking damn that Sandmangst has actually worn off on me. So following your lead I'm pushing for a new law that will allow any Joe Blow to be allowed to make a citizens arrest on any off leash dog violators. All this change in me I owe to you Sandmangst. So thank-you and all due respect from the bottom of my heart. And BTW would you like to join me in spearheading this most difficult endeavour.

  30. #130
    Master of the Face Plant
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinDirt View Post
    What? You may want to re-read this thread. There are plenty (including you) spewing out numerous insults. So I wasn't the only one and either were you.
    Yes, the difference is I never tried to pretend that I respect you. The insults in this thread as well as almost any other thread in which you choose to comment are a direct result of your statements. This is from your first post in this thread.

    The O.P. is full of crap. I don't believe any of these attack scenarios he shelled out either. He is full of B.S. and sounds like one of the numerous blue haired hikers that frequent these trails. "Oh Margaret that guy has his dog off leash" "Oh shame on him! Harold he ruined our day" lets cut our day short and go home and eat some oatmeal.

    I think it is clear who started in with the insults. Had you chose to express your disbelief in a respectful and intelligent manner this thread would have died long ago. I think it is clear now you have finally admitted that you like walking your dog off leash what your agenda is.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

  31. #131
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    468
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts View Post
    Yes, the difference is I never tried to pretend that I respect you. The insults in this thread as well as almost any other thread in which you choose to comment are a direct result of your statements. This is from your first post in this thread.

    The O.P. is full of crap. I don't believe any of these attack scenarios he shelled out either. He is full of B.S. and sounds like one of the numerous blue haired hikers that frequent these trails. "Oh Margaret that guy has his dog off leash" "Oh shame on him! Harold he ruined our day" lets cut our day short and go home and eat some oatmeal.

    I think it is clear who started in with the insults. Had you chose to express your disbelief in a respectful and intelligent manner this thread would have died long ago. I think it is clear now you have finally admitted that you like walking your dog off leash what your agenda is.
    That's because that initial post is exactly how I feel about your actions. Are you really a mountain biker or an old hiker. Are you this uptight in every day life. I think e-mailing the rangers about off leash dogs is absolutely signs of an uptight person. Pretending to respect you where do you get that. I could if you would lighten up. But you have zero sense of humor and everything you say is a personal attack on me. My only problem with you was you making such a huge deal out of this. And the fact that all of your first posts were exaggerated to the hilt.all I can reccomend is that you get rid of some of that pent up anger and frustration. Maybe take up golf or drinking or maybe a dip in the hot tub before bed. These are but a few suggestions and I will leave it up to you. It's really about finding that inner peace which will help you in every day life. Once you find your center the whole world becomes as relaxed as a jar of marshmallow fluff. The uptight stressed out being will be but a shell of your former self. Once this happens give me a call and we will go out for a beer.

  32. #132
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    582
    Come on you guys. This thread is going nowhere with all this back and forth bickering.

    Lets all put an end to it now.

  33. #133
    mtbr member
    Reputation: PerfectZero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts View Post
    "Oh shame on him! Harold he ruined our day" lets cut our day short and go home and eat some oatmeal.
    I have to say this did give me a chuckle.

  34. #134
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,027
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinDirt View Post
    No little Oliver they don't.
    I hope I or someone else runs over your dog and does some serious damage to your beloved mutt. Then and maybe then you will pull your self-righteous head out of your a$$ and follow the rules.

  35. #135
    Single(Pivot)and Happy
    Reputation: Boulder Pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,461
    The internet sucks as a tool to have meaningful debate. This conversation would not have deteriorated into name calling, DISRESPECTING others, or wishing harm to pets if we all were sitting on a park bench enjoying some post ride brews.

    I personally can say I understand where Spin Dirt is coming from. He says he has invested time and love to train his dogs to behave in a responsible and predictable way that ensures no harm will come to any person or animal that they may come upon while walking off leash on a shared use trail. I have experienced dogs such as Spin Dirt's on trails and I have no problem with these dogs or owners. I have no reason to doubt that Spin Dirt speaks the truth on the training of his dogs.

    I have never been bitten by an off leash dog while riding trails. Never. This is not to say that the majority of my personal experiences with off leash dogs on the trails has not been an encounter. Meaning most of these encounters require assessing the situation, stopping, and as Bankerboy explained, trying to put my bike between me and the dog(s). Many times the owner is not in sight. I own two dogs. I'm not afraid of dogs. I'm not comfortable being put into a situation that is not necessary and easily avoided.

    Fido is barking and taking an aggressive stance because Fido was startled because some weird two-wheeled helmet-clad creature rolled up on him. This is natural and when Fido is connected to his/her owner by a 6' leash this encounter is easily and quickly resolved.

    Spin Dirt, I cannot speak for others. I would not have a problem encountering you and your dogs roaming off leash on the trails because your dogs have been properly trained. The majority of off leash dogs will not bite anyone. There are dogs owned by irresponsible owners that do pose a real threat to any trail user. I cannot tell the difference between these types of dogs and owners until my ride turns into an encounter.

    As an advocate for mountain bikers, I constantly represent our trail-user group to keep the privilege of bike access on the trails we current have and the privilege to ride and constantly represent riders to acquire the privilege to more shared-use trails. Trail access is a privilege. Mountain bikers understand this. Many times we are faced with people/groups that want/try to take away this privilege. If we lose respect, we bury our chances of prevailing. It comes down to respect. Respect one another. Respect.
    The suspension of your bike sucks if it's different than mine. Really. It sucks. Big time.

  36. #136
    Master of the Face Plant
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinDirt View Post
    all I can reccomend is that you get rid of some of that pent up anger and frustration. Maybe take up golf or drinking or maybe a dip in the hot tub before bed. These are but a few suggestions and I will leave it up to you. It's really about finding that inner peace which will help you in every day life. Once you find your center the whole world becomes as relaxed as a jar of marshmallow fluff. The uptight stressed out being will be but a shell of your former self. Once this happens give me a call and we will go out for a beer.
    Ha, awesome, thanks for the advice, when you get your self improvement book deal let me know. I will write the forward for you. I am calling the Dali Lama to let him know inner peace consists of booze, golf and hot tubs full of marshmallow fluff.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

  37. #137
    Dirty by Nature
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,083
    Seriously, boys: Get a room.

    There is dirt out there to be ridden!
    Friends don't let friends ride e-"bikes" on dirt.

    Nature is not a sidewalk.

  38. #138
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    468
    Signs Signs, Everywhere a Sign - YouTube
    What an uptight world we live in.

  39. #139
    "2 Wycked"
    Reputation: crazy03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    I hope I or someone else runs over your dog and does some serious damage to your beloved mutt. Then and maybe then you will pull your self-righteous head out of your a$$ and follow the rules.
    Hey now, it's like others have said, it's not the dogs fault. If you wanna run the owner over, than by all means. You shouldn't wish harm on any animal...and now you know
    Ahhhh...Ahhhh....it's the hammy, it's the hammy!!

  40. #140
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy03 View Post
    Hey now, it's like others have said, it's not the dogs fault. If you wanna run the owner over, than by all means. You shouldn't wish harm on any animal...and now you know
    Well said!

    Love your Carl avatar by the way.

  41. #141
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,027
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy03 View Post
    Hey now, it's like others have said, it's not the dogs fault. If you wanna run the owner over, than by all means. You shouldn't wish harm on any animal...and now you know
    It is sad, but unfortunately, sometimes bad things have to happen to people to realize the errors of their ways.

    When people feel the laws do not apply to them, I am ok with them getting a little taste of what can happen.

    Sucks to be the dog if that happens, but you can only blame the owner.

  42. #142
    "2 Wycked"
    Reputation: crazy03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    It is sad, but unfortunately, sometimes bad things have to happen to people to realize the errors of their ways.
    Well, by all means take it out on them. Animals are like children, they are unpredictable. I would much rather see an irresponsible pet owner get injured because of their ignorance, than an animal that doesn't know any better.
    Ahhhh...Ahhhh....it's the hammy, it's the hammy!!

  43. #143
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    2,027
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy03 View Post
    Well, by all means take it out on them. Animals are like children, they are unpredictable. I would much rather see an irresponsible pet owner get injured because of their ignorance, than an animal that doesn't know any better.
    So would I, but that will most likely not be the case. Hence the animal takes the brunt of it.

  44. #144
    Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,139
    The answer is yes. As a matter of fact, they have a meetup group advocating off leashed dog walking.

    All Photos - The San Diego Off Leash Meetup (San Diego, CA) - Meetup

    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts View Post
    Do you walk your dog off leash in areas where you know it is illegal?

  45. #145
    Beer Please! SuperModerator
    Reputation: Klurejr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott forty G. View Post
    The answer is yes. As a matter of fact, they have a meetup group advocating off leashed dog walking.

    All Photos - The San Diego Off Leash Meetup (San Diego, CA) - Meetup
    What? What a bunch of Morons.

    I feel bad for the dogs that have such ignorant owners. Any one of those dogs could easily get torn apart by a few brave Coyotes, or a MTN Lion, taking them off leash at Mt. Laguna has to be one of the most dangerous things I have seen a dog owner do. A good friend of mine just had his little dog killed by an off leash dog at the dog beach up in Laguna Beach, just because you "think" you know your dogs does not mean your dog will get along with EVERY other dog out there.

    This just irritates me. My male used to love meeting new dogs on the trail, but was attacked twice by off leash dogs and now he is so afraid of what another dog might do he growls or whines anytime a new dog comes near. My wife is scarred to death to take the dogs on hikes without me because the second time it happened when I was gone and she was stuck holding two pit bulls (both my dogs were on leash) while a man had to pry his bulldog off the back of my dog. The man claimed his dog was friendly... and that was why it was off leash.....

    Sorry for the rant, Off Leash Dogs make me so mad.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

    Know these before you post:
    http://www.mtbr.com/guidelinescrx.aspx

  46. #146
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Rhinodriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    107
    Quote Originally Posted by Klurejr View Post
    What? What a bunch of morons. Sorry for the rant, Off Leash Dogs make me so mad.
    Totally agree. And I'm sick of the rolled eyes when I tell them to put them back on a leash after I see them making "social trails" off the single track.

  47. #147
    Master of the Face Plant
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    2,902
    I just tell them I saw a rattlesnake. Leashes go back on every time.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

  48. #148
    Beer Please! SuperModerator
    Reputation: Klurejr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,516
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts View Post
    I just tell them I saw a rattlesnake. Leashes go back on every time.
    lol, I have done that before.
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

    Know these before you post:
    http://www.mtbr.com/guidelinescrx.aspx

  49. #149
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    22
    Park rangers can't write citations for off leash dogs?-904264_555500341139316_1135709321_o.jpg
    sign at MM 19,so no the Rangers aren't going to issuing tickets anytime soon at Mt Laguna. I really don't wish to debate and for the record a quadruped or a biped hiker still has the right of way . OTOH, if I hear you coming or there's a shout out, I will move over and let you by. I have to say about 90% of the bikers I encounter are nice. and really only once did I really want to hurt a biker. They came bombing down the PCT above Warner Springs and almost slammed into me, not my dog who was in front of me but they had the nerve to yell at me about the dogs. Ummm no, the biker riding in an unsafe manner and almost taking me down and not at all apologetic makes others look bad. I don't really consider myself a troll. I joined originally because you guys usually have good info on trail conditions, so I lurked and read and usually didn't bother much with the politics/drama. So I guess that's my piece.

  50. #150
    Certifiably Crazy
    Reputation: Carloswithac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    442
    The only scary situation I've had with an off-leash dog was at Lake Hodges. A girl was running with her German Shepherd, and he started barking and getting close to me when I was taking a break by the lake. Dog was gigantic, and could have done some damage. I just stayed still and eventually she called him over. She apologized and said "he's friendly." Yea, uhuh!
    2013 Felt Edict Nine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •