Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    mtbr member
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinDirt View Post
    Nope sorry your story doesn't hold water. Lake Hodges sometimes holds water but your story, not. There is no way there was that many dogs out there. Were you out there counting for three weeks as far as seeing your ugly blue truck I have for sure seen. See you tomorrow 3 and 5pm with BIG dog off leash.
    You sir are **** stirer! I see dogs off leash every time I go there. Is it as many as the OP stated ? No, but far too many.

mtbr member
    carry a knife or arm up... "officer, i felt my or wife's or child''s or friend's life was in danger"
    '11 Jedi
    '01 Straight8
    '01Rocket88< ran over it.. always do a full walk around!
    '00 Homegrown

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    You sir are **** stirer! I see dogs off leash every time I go there. Is it as many as the OP stated ? No, but far too many.
    I'm the shits starter who called who out. This manga character basically threatened to kick my ass. Oh let's meet behind the bleachers at the Jr. High. How old are we 12 freaking immature. All I was saying is he makes up this big long lie after lie and whines to the rangers. Like I said I'm out there numerous times per week. The most traveled weekend days you could count 5-7 dogs in a 12 hour time frame. My two hour rides I see "maybe" 2-3 and the percentage of off leash is probably 2% frame 12 hour time frame. I just don't like liers and whiners. Go take up a knitting class if a little off leash dog bothers you. Damn you are in the outdoors perhaps we should put a leash on all the mountain lions as well. Make sure to fence in all the rattlesnakes. Can I go outside now Margaret. Yes Harald it's safe now. How can we believe these attack scenarios he spewed out when he lied about the number of dogs he counted. I call B.S. on the whole freaking post. And I bet the rangers saw right through to the B.S. as well.?
    Last edited by SpinDirt; 05-13-2012 at 10:15 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Nope sorry your story doesn't hold water. Lake Hodges sometimes holds water but your story, not. There is no way there was that many dogs out there. Were you out there counting for three weeks as far as seeing your ugly blue truck I have for sure seen. See you tomorrow 3 and 5pm with BIG dog off leash.
    Sorry I cant add to your reputaion again cuz the webpage will not allow it.I ride Hodges twice a week,I am the 55+ guy that never seems to have a problem with dogs off or on leash. Maybe it is because I have two big dogs and understand dogs more than people.I see way too many people that cause problems than dogs causing problems.I have given up on using a bike bell to let pople know I am coming because too many people have earphones and listening to crap music instead of peace and quiet.End rant

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    I typically ride between 7 and 10 am. I can take being called a liar but calling my truck ugly...man that really hurts.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Like I said, the day in question was admittedly vastly above average. I don't know, maybe there was some sort of dog event in town and several of the dogs were in one area. Go ride sunset to the dam between 7 and 10. I guarantee you will see more than 10 dogs. I have seen more than that just in the parking lot. If I am a whiner for wanting people to follow the posted laws then so be it.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    I'm the shits starter who called who out. This manga character basically threatened to kick my ass. Oh let's meet behind the bleachers at the Jr. High. How old are we 12 freaking immature. All I was saying is he makes up this big long lie after lie and whines to the rangers. Like I said I'm out there numerous times per week. The most traveled weekend days you could count 5-7 dogs in a 12 hour time frame. My two hour rides I see "maybe" 2-3 and the percentage of off leash is probably 2% frame 12 hour time frame. I just don't like liers and whiners. Go take up a knitting class if a little off leash dog bothers you. Damn you are in the outdoors perhaps we should put a leash on all the mountain lions as well. Make sure to fence in all the rattlesnakes. Can I go outside now Margaret. Yes Harald it's safe now. How can we believe these attack scenarios he spewed out when he lied about the number of dogs he counted. I call B.S. on the whole freaking post. And I bet the rangers saw right through to the B.S. as well.?
    5-7 dogs in 12 hours? I can count that many in 5 minutes on some days and thats a fact. As I stated before the day in question was vastly above average but the numbers you are quoting are way low. I typically don't care or mind off leash dogs, and I certainly don't fear for my own safety but when my 4 year old son is involved I have a problem. I might also mention the ranger I spoke to was not suprised in the least. He mentioned that dog off leash is the number 1 cause of trail user conflict. Anyway I am sorry you found my post threatening as I didn't mean it that way, but you kinda put me on the defensive by calling me a liar.
    Last edited by sandmangts; 05-13-2012 at 10:55 AM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmangts View Post
    5-7 dogs in 12 hours? I can count that many in 5 minutes on some days and thats a fact. I typically don't care or mind off leash dogs, and I certainly don't fear for my own safety but when my 4 year old son is involved I have a problem.
    Well then maybe you should shelter your 4 year old from the outdoors. Away from the mountainlions,rattlesnakes,scorpions,bobcats,bears ,raccoons,possums,deer,elk,ducks,geese,hawks,eagle s,owls,eagrets,herons,coots,skunks,bees,wasps,horn ets,spiders,beetles,squirrels,chipmunks, vultures,turtles,frogs,toads,fish, coyotes and crows to name a few. A dog off leash is but the least of your worries.
    Or you could teach your child the ways of the world. By teaching them the outdoors and not fear dogs. Oh and BTW I'm sure the rangers have better things to do than set up a sting for off leashed dogs.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Like I said, the day in question was admittedly vastly above average. I don't know, maybe there was some sort of dog event in town and several of the dogs were in one area. Go ride sunset to the dam between 7 and 10. I guarantee you will see more than 10 dogs. I have seen more than that just in the parking lot. If I am a whiner for wanting people to follow the posted laws then so be it.
    Or you just plain added in a bigger number to make it look like it was actually an issue out there. Didn't your parents teach you not to fib.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I typically ride between 7 and 10 am. I can take being called a liar but calling my truck ugly...man that really hurts.
    So what you are saying is our 3pm rumble is off now. I would like to ride from 3-5 so if you could show up at 2:55 that would be great. That way I can warm up for or a minute on you and still have some time to lube the Chain and pump up the tires. Oh a.d be sure to wear bike specific shoes clipless. I don't want you saying it was unfair.
    Last edited by SpinDirt; 05-13-2012 at 12:09 PM.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Well then maybe you should shelter your 4 year old from the outdoors. Away from the mountainlions,rattlesnakes,scorpions,bobcats,bears ,raccoons,possums,deer,elk,ducks,geese,hawks,eagle s,owls,eagrets,herons,coots,skunks,bees,wasps,horn ets,spiders,beetles,squirrels,chipmunks, vultures,turtles,frogs,toads,fish, coyotes and crows to name a few. A dog off leash is but the least of your worries.
    Or you could teach your child the ways of the world. By teaching them the outdoors and not fear dogs. Oh and BTW I'm sure the rangers have better things to do than set up a sting for off leashed dogs.
    I think you are missing the point. I am sure park rangers have lots to do as well, like enforcing park rules maybe? I am pretty sure thats part of what they get paid for. My whole point was that they are not allowed to cite for off leash dogs which seemed somewhat ironic to me. You have managed to insult my integrity, my parenting skills, my taste in trucks and you called me a Manga charactor which I must admit I am not sure if I should be insulted about that. Anyway, I think we can just agree to disagree.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Mangst are we on or not? I need to know because if we are on I will leave my Pomeranian at home. Just to keep it fair.
    Last edited by SpinDirt; 05-13-2012 at 12:02 PM.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Mangst are we on or not? I need to know because if we are on I will leave my Pomeranian at home. Just to keep it fair.
    Sorry, I would like to accomodate you but I have a job and a family. But you know what to look for and when I like to ride there so if you still feel the need to have a discussion in person please feel free let me know. Thanks for posting, attempting to dicypher your use of the english language was a fun challenge. Oh, and I might also mention that there is a meetup group of dog owners that like to meet near Sikes adobe on Saturday and Sunday mornings.
    Last edited by sandmangts; 05-13-2012 at 08:48 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Was not questioning you. I see dogs off leash all the time. Just calling the other guy out. Still seems like a troll to me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Well I had a great ride out there on Sunday. I got there at 2:45 and waited around til 3:10 and Mangst was a no show. I rode for 2.5 hours and saw numerous hikers and a few bikers. Among the hikers were three dogs all on leash. I saw one dog off leash with a fellow rider. So for my 2.5 hours of time I saw a total of 4 dogs with 1 off leash. Wow those numbers are staggering, I can see now what you are whining about Mangst.

banned
    Nov 2011
    Well I had a great ride out there on Sunday. I got there at 2:45 and waited around til 3:10 and Mangst was a no show. I rode for 2.5 hours and saw numerous hikers and a few bikers. Among the hikers were three dogs all on leash. I saw one dog off leash with a fellow rider. So for my 2.5 hours of time I saw a total of 4 dogs with 1 off leash. Wow those numbers are staggering, I can see now what you are whining about Mangst.
    Go away.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    So, you went there on Mothers day on a Sunday in the afternoon and you still counted 4 dogs in 2.5 hours. Not exactly peak time there. Come on out early in the morning and try again. I think it is also safe to say that the number of dogs will be lower as a result of my whining along with several other trail users. Like I said before, animal control has been out warning and citing.

On a side note I noticed you have put a little more effort into you posts! Your grammar was suprisingly easy to follow. Clear, consise and to the point, I congratulate you. To bad your logic is still so flawed. I would love to continue debating with you but if you keep making all my points for me it is going to get a little boring.

Sorry I could not accomodate your schedule. It was mothers day after all but you know my schedule.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Was not questioning you. I see dogs off leash all the time. Just calling the other guy out. Still seems like a troll to me.
    I understand, You will notice reading any of his posts in other threads that anyone who disagrees with him is either a liar or a whiner or both.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    So, you went there on Mothers day on a Sunday in the afternoon and you still counted 4 dogs in 2.5 hours. Not exactly peak time there. Come on out early in the morning and try again. I think it is also safe to say that the number of dogs will be lower as a result of my whining along with several other trail users. Like I said before, animal control has been out warning and citing.

On a side note I noticed you have put a little more effort into you posts! Your grammar was suprisingly easy to follow. Clear, consise and to the point, I congratulate you. To bad your logic is still so flawed. I would love to continue debating with you but if you keep making all my points for me it is going to get a little boring.

Sorry I could not accomodate your schedule. It was mothers day after all but you know my schedule.
    Wow! So now you're insulting my use of the english language. And that makes you far superior in your mind. And I didn't think after you initially called me out for a meeting behind the bleachers at the Jr. High, that you would follow through on your threat. And no I am not a troll as you and Oliver have accused me of. Just one of the few people left on these forums that is not afraid to speak my opinion, for fear of a negative rep. You and I both know how much B.S. you have made up and how much is true. Have a good day Mangst
    Last edited by SpinDirt; 05-15-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Wow! So now you're insulting my use of the english language. And that makes you far superior in your mind. And I didn't think after you initially called me out for a meeting behind the bleachers at the Jr. High, that you would follow through on your threat. And no I am not a troll as you and Oliver have accused me of. Just one of the few people left on these forums that is not afraid to speak my opinion. For fear of a negative rep. You and I both know how much B.S. you have made up and how much is true. Have a good day Mangst
    Why don't you just tell everyone the truth? It is evident from your other postings that you are a dog owner who likes to walk his dog off leash. You see a post that you don't agree with and instead of attempting a line of civil discourse you call the poster a liar with no evidence to support your claim. Then you start insulting everything from my parenting skills to my truck and you act suprised when offer up a mere observation about your command (or lack thereof) over the english language. The only difference between the insults you have spewed out and what I said about your grammar is that I have undisputable proof that what I said about you is true. Not to mention that making fun of your grammar had the desired effect as you have clearly made some efforts to proofread before you post. I appreciate that, your earlier postings made my head hurt.

I don't know what they did at your junior high "behind the bleachers" as you say but I know what we did and unless you are an attractive female I am not interested. I am still open for discussion but like I said you are going to have to work around my schedule. Thanks again.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Pearls of wisdom from Spindirty:
    From Unleashed dogs on trails...flame on!
    I think it depends on the dog. Of course an out of control dog should not be off leash. But if he is mellow around people and other dogs he's fine off leash. Stop being such a pusssy and just deal with it. Oh the dog almost made me crash WTF you sound like a little girl. You may as well be the 70 year old grouchy hiker.

From the same thread:
    I know what the laws are and not all laws are perfect. This regulation was brought on by a group of uptight (like yourself) trail users (hikers). Big deal a mellow dog is off the leash what a bunch of upttight babies. I can see if a dog is aggressive towards people or other dogs. But it's pretty clear when you happen upon a dog and his owner how the dog is. Hint if the dog is cruising minding his business "wagging" his tail. You can be bet he's friendly. Especially if the owner says "he's nice don't worry". Stop and say hi maybe that stick will work it's way out of your ass.

and again:
    Yeah right! Throw in some BS about crashing due to a dog and you just ruined a wheel. Did you talk to the owner and hold him accountabal? No because it didn't happen. If you can't use your brakes and avoid such a collision you shouldn't be out on multi use trails. Oh and be sure to negative rep me for my "different " opinions.

And again:
    I guess I just get a little put off at how uptight some of you are. Are we out on the trails to have fun or to look down upon others because they don't fit what most concidar the norm. I think if most of you rode with me and my dog you would walk away with a different view. I just think this world has become more and mote pussified over the years.

And my personal favorite:
    MTBR car?
    Toyota Tacoma an all around perfect vehicle for mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Pearls of wisdom from Spindirty:
    From Unleashed dogs on trails...flame on!
    I think it depends on the dog. Of course an out of control dog should not be off leash. But if he is mellow around people and other dogs he's fine off leash. Stop being such a pusssy and just deal with it. Oh the dog almost made me crash WTF you sound like a little girl. You may as well be the 70 year old grouchy hiker.

From the same thread:
    I know what the laws are and not all laws are perfect. This regulation was brought on by a group of uptight (like yourself) trail users (hikers). Big deal a mellow dog is off the leash what a bunch of upttight babies. I can see if a dog is aggressive towards people or other dogs. But it's pretty clear when you happen upon a dog and his owner how the dog is. Hint if the dog is cruising minding his business "wagging" his tail. You can be bet he's friendly. Especially if the owner says "he's nice don't worry". Stop and say hi maybe that stick will work it's way out of your ass.

and again:
    Yeah right! Throw in some BS about crashing due to a dog and you just ruined a wheel. Did you talk to the owner and hold him accountabal? No because it didn't happen. If you can't use your brakes and avoid such a collision you shouldn't be out on multi use trails. Oh and be sure to negative rep me for my "different " opinions.

And again:
    I guess I just get a little put off at how uptight some of you are. Are we out on the trails to have fun or to look down upon others because they don't fit what most concidar the norm. I think if most of you rode with me and my dog you would walk away with a different view. I just think this world has become more and mote pussified over the years.

MTBR car?
    So what you go into my account and stalk all threads I've posted in. Get a life you freaking weirdo.
    Last edited by SpinDirt; 05-15-2012 at 09:52 PM.

banned
    Nov 2011
    MTBR car?
    Toyotas will last forever and ever.

I have a Tacoma with a little over 250k I have never had to repair or replace anything major on it and it still runs like the day it was driven out of the lot. (2001)

I have heard stories of guys getting up to 500k on their Land Cruisers and still going strong.

Forget about that Chevy crap, Toyota is the king of trucks!

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail Addict View Post
    Toyotas will last forever and ever.

I have a Tacoma with a little over 250k I have never had to repair or replace anything major on it and it still runs like the day it was driven out of the lot. (2001)

I have heard stories of guys getting up to 500k on their Land Cruisers and still going strong.

Forget about that Chevy crap, Toyota is the king of trucks!
    And that was exactly my point in that thread. But apparently this Sandmangst character has an issue with every opinion I have in every thread I have posted in. He has been tailgating me or shall I say stalking me around these forums for months now. Some strange and scary behavior for sure.

banned
    Nov 2011
    So, can we agree that we all like Toyotas?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast