Death By Snoo Snoo

Palos Verdes/Aliso Woods After rains

Anybody know how well PV (end of crenshaw) or Aliso woods drains after a rain? Is it safe for the trails to ride there say after a nights worth of no rain?

mtbr member

Aliso

Aliso usually stays closed for at least 48 hrs after any meaningful rain. You can call 949-923-2200 for updated info.
    C

Over the Hill
    In Orange County the first place I ride after the rains is Santago Truck Trail...it seems to dry out fast. The luge takes alot more time to dry out so I stay off it.

In LA County, even when it is raining, you can ride most of the trails in the San Gabriel's...for the most part they are granite. I do not think it rain enough for the stream/gully crossings to be a problem.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Del Cerro drains poorly.....

Quote Originally Posted by munkyspank
    Anybody know how well PV (end of crenshaw) or Aliso woods drains after a rain? Is it safe for the trails to ride there say after a nights worth of no rain?
    Del Cerro (PV) is an active landslide area and not real rocky or solid. Most trails in the area were pretty dusty before this latest rain. It usually takes about two solid days of sunshine to ride again.