mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Palm Desert Rides

Looking to hook up for a couple of rides in Palm Desert, Pinyon Flats ect. Will be in town Nov 22 to Dec 7. Have transportation to Pinyon Flats or shuttle for epic. Its a new area to me so I would like to go with someone who has done it. Could show you some premium BC singletrack if you are in Vancouver one day.

Cheers

mtbr member
    PM'd

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Let me know if you hit the palm canyon epic. I've got everything down on the valley floor but have not made it on PC yet.

mtbr member
    Just found out I'll be in Palm Desert area on Dec 5th. Likely arriving in the afternoon. Another PNWer. Can I join you?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    yo huevis. I know the route and might be able to meet u? let me know when ur down?

Mr. Lurker
    What kind of trails are there in Palm Desert? Flat? Hills?

Where are they located? I am interested in checking it out sometime. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Polishdog
    What kind of trails are there in Palm Desert? Flat? Hills?

Where are they located? I am interested in checking it out sometime. Thanks!
    Nope PD trails are all steep and in some spots very technical . I like to think of our trails as training because I have not encountered too many areas which are as challenging. The network of trails runs generally from the south end of town at the art smith trail and runs north to the rear of the desert crossings shopping center. Within there you can ride a couple of miles or you can ride 15 miles. These are out my backdoor and are great fun.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I'll be in Palm Desert Dec. 19-26 I think, would anybody want to ride then? I'll probably bring my mountain bike with me, if not my cross bike (if it gets in by then), and I have been wanting to see what kind of trails are in the area.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I'm in Idyllwild, hour up the road. Trails are in great shape if we do not get a lot of snow in the coming weeks. Usually up there every Friday and Saturday except Dec 3-4. If work will slow down enough, I can be up there at other times during the week.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by tonytourist
    I'll be in Palm Desert Dec. 19-26 I think, would anybody want to ride then? I'll probably bring my mountain bike with me, if not my cross bike (if it gets in by then), and I have been wanting to see what kind of trails are in the area.
    Hit me up, i'm always good for a ride. If I cant I can always point you in the right direction.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by rbsdsu
    Hit me up, i'm always good for a ride. If I cant I can always point you in the right direction.
    Will do

Professional Troll
    I'll be in Palm Desert/Springs area over Thanksgiving. Are there any decent DH trails there? Sounds like most of the trails mentioned here are XC type. Shuttle or hike-a-bike work, doesn't really matter to me. In case anyone wants to shuttle with me I'll have my Crewmax tundra with a 6 bike northshore rack, plenty of room for 5 or 6 bikes and riders. Might be able to trick one of my family members into driving too! PM trail locations or contact info if you can! Thanks!

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    We got the:

1) Palm Springs Goat trails
    2) Hahn Buena Vista
    3) Bump n' Grind
    4) Hurkey Creek(home of 24hrs of Adrenalin Race)
    5) Alvin Meadows
    6) Thomas Mountain
    7) Palm Canyon epic
    8) Art Smith trail

I'm looking to do a shuttle for Santa Ana River Trail(SART) Thanksgiving weekend. PM me if interested in the above or whatever...
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    hey gemi2k5...those are all cool but all-mnt is all u need...the DH is on the other side of mnt and would glad to show u?

mtbr member
    My wife and I will be there from 11/20-27 and have done most of the Goat, Hahn Buena Vista, Art Smith trails.

We looking to do the Palm Canyon Epic at least once if anyone is interested. We have a crew cab truck to shuttle too. I have a GPS track of the Epic and a map, but would rather have someone experienced with trail to ride with.

PM me and let's ride!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    well wht's up wankers? anyone doin this epic deal or wht...I'm free fri. morn...pinyon-to wash-hahn-clara b.-by the bum-to vons. any takers?

mtbr member
    Your killing me....i am in La Quinta right now and brought road bike as took Mtn bike into shop to have a Reverb seat dropper put on. Been wanting to do epic for while..heck any of the trails for a while.

I know it is not a mtn bike ride but if anyone wants to hook up for road ride tomorrow let me know. Went to top of 74 yesterday. Great climb at least.
    Originally Posted by XC62701
    Agreed...make it longer. I want to know death is an option

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nostrangertodanger
    well wht's up wankers? anyone doin this epic deal or wht...I'm free fri. morn...pinyon-to wash-hahn-clara b.-by the bum-to vons. any takers?

Yes! Sounds great to me. I'll pm you for details.

mtbr member
    Edit: I see you guys are talking about Friday. I was planning for Thursday morn.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I cant make Thursday morning (turkey trotting), but might be able to pull off a friday morning run depending on what time the group is leaving.. Let me know.

mtbr member
    Me and a buddy will be riding tomorrow morning (Friday). We should be at the Vons around 730-800 to drop off one of our trucks.
    "A full rigid SS or fixie is 99% rider, 1% bike, and 100% more fun" Monogod

mtbr member
    Jul 2011

coming home

I am coming home to Indio, ca next week and staying until the end of the winter season and would really like to get to know the mtn bike community and trails in the area. I am a young rider who just started getting into the mtn bike crave this summer while working and living on mt. crested butte, co i am an intermediate am type of rider still got allot to learn but quickly learning. i am also curious if there is a volunteer crew to maintain trails as well as develop new trails as i would love to be apart of that. i am looking for people to ride with and to push me as a rider and to ride as many trails as i can while in ca.

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    Visit Tri-A-Bike in Palm Desert. They will hook you up on all the cool trails here. Ask for Manny or Jeremy. Their number is (760)340-2840.
    "The mind will quit....well before the body does"

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Nothing too much in the way of organized trail crews. We have lots of fun stuff in the area and within about 45 minutes up the hill. PM me when you come to town I'd be happy to show you around.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    hmm.It will be the nice experience to move to the new place and riding of the bikes on then will be very charming.Due to office work i couldn't come with you...So SorrY..!