rj2
    mtbr member

Paging SB Chicken Ranch riders

I couldn't help but notice that the guy that won the CA Beg 40-44 series last year signed up for Beg 40-44 at Firestone. WTF

https://www.sportsbaseonline.com/Reg...x?item_id=1051

I came in 5th in that series last year and am racing Sport this year.

See ya at Firestone.

mtbr member
    I'm pretty sure the pages that show who has registered are no good. I think they're showing the people who pre-reg'd for last year's race.

Today I saw one of the guys who I raced against in beginner last year and asked him why he was racing the Firestone as a beginner again this year. He told me he hasn't even registered for that race this year.

That's gonna leave a mark
    zerordl is correct. Sportbaseonline has me registered in the Beg 40-44 class too, yet I've bumped up to Sport this year and haven't even registered yet.

However, I did find it disturbing last year when the TBB/NORBA official (I think his name is Tom) announced to all the Beginners at the start line that Sam Schaefer was going to win the race because he was the 2005 CA Beginner XC champion. I guess Tom didn't take the rules too seriously that state Sam was obligated to move up to Sport.

Chicken Ranch has something like a dozen sponsored riders in the Beginner class alone. That is one friggin huge team.
    Fat fanatic.

"Where the Fox Hat?" Endurance Team
    SoCal Colavita Road/MTB club

Glad to Be Alive
    sandbaggers..............
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member

no team page?

Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    sandbaggers..............
    I guess it's appropriate that my google search for chicken ranch returns a list of brothels.

mtbr member
    when I used to live in SB, I used to enjoy the post ride chicken ranch stop on de la vina.

this is the only reference to a bike on their website, that I could see. they say they are about to have a new site, so maybe they'll have a link to the sandbaggers.
    http://www.sbchickenranch.com/about.php

beginner sponsorship seems oxymoronic to me, if you are around the sport enough to be sponsored, you are hardly a beginner. and these multi-season winning beginners, come on...