fresh fish in stock...... SuperModerator

Listen! Pacific Crest Trail – Tell us where you would ride…

The Pacific Crest Trail Reassessment Initiative is specifically seeking to have the 1988 bicycle ban rescinded and be granted legal and open access to all non-wilderness portions of the Pacific Crest Trail. We're asking for your trail knowledge. We need detailed information regarding the PCT in your area.

It will be extremely valuable for us to understand which sections (outside of designated wilderness) of trail would be most suitable or desirable to you. In some cases, the PCT may be a simple out-and-back or point-to-point ride, while elsewhere it might be a critical link between other, existing trails. Your local knowledge is critical.

Linked below is a simple survey that we hope you can respond to before December 15:
    To download the PDF Survey please click here: PCTRI Trail Request.pdf

Fill it out and click on the Submit button (all you need is internet access). The information will be catalogued in a database for review.

Also, please feel free to email this PDF survey to your friends and local Advocacy groups.

To reiterate - Your local knowledge is absolutely critical in the process of getting the Pacific Crest Trail open to Mountain Bikes

Thanks!,
    The Pacific Crest Trail Reassessment Initiative

Visit these 2 places to help advance trail access:
    http://www.sharingthepct.org/
    http://www.facebook.com/SharingThePct

mtbr member
    I would love to ride the whole thing! Too difficult to pick out just one section.

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    Done! Thanks.

Any of the PCT through the Idyllwild area would be great but there's a section from Fuller Ridge to Snow Canyon/10 that drops 6000 ft. over 15 miles! I hear that it's way overgrown, but I'm sure we could take care of that.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

destination unknown
    May 2008
    What's closest to me - all of San Jacinto and San Gorgonio. It's a shame it's restricted, beautiful country up there.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Anything near big bear for me

No dabs.
    All of the PCT from Campo near the Mexico border, heading north up through the Lagunas and dropping to Highway 78 at the bottom of Banner Grade is ideal for mountain bikes. Perfect grades for multi-use and so remote and distant from civilization that trail users are sparse. Extreme overgrowth from this lack of use have made some sections barely passable.

I'll fill out the form with this info.
    Last edited by Robo SD; 11-25-2012 at 10:42 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    From Big Bear West all along the San Gabriel s too. I often ride near the PCT, just never get to go on it! I too will complete the survey. Thanks for all you are doing!

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo SD View Post
    All of the PCT from Campo near the Mexico border, heading north up through the Lagunas and dropping to Highway 78 at the bottom of Banner Grade is ideal for mountain bikes. Perfect grades for multi-use and so remote and distant from civilization that trail users are sparse. Extreme overgrowth from this lack of use have made some sections barely passable.

^^^^Same here^^^^
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^^Rock Garden

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    I would like the PCT around the Big Bear area personally, but would like to see every bit, from Mexico to Canada open for multi-use (bikes included)

mtbr member
    Jun 2005

Again, what he said, that is the most bike friendly and not hiker friendly section I know of.

mtbr member
    I would ride the area from the San Gabriels all the way up through Kennedy Meadow CG in the Southern Sierras. After that the trail heads into the South Sierra Wilderness and remains in wilderness areas all the way up past Mt. Whitney before leaving wilderness designated areas.

The two stretch of the PCT out where I live only gets business during the mid-summer months other than that the trail sits unloved.

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Perfect Cycling Trail

Like what everyone else said, what ^he^ said. Haven't been on it in a long while but these section are quality trails. In the past the large groups of coyotes (i don't mean the dogs) would keep the section near the border clear, not necessarily "clean" but clear. Will fill out the form too.