Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

OT: Any MTBR's got 24Hr Fitness Hook-ups??

677 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  2w4s 
#1 ·
Well my company is moving and the nearest gym (as well as the one all the work buddies go to) is a 24Hr Fitness. I'm in OC but would be willing to drive to LA to meet up with anybody that's got any hook-ups w/ memberships. I'm looking for an active membership (all clubs) and would be willing to do the 1yr prepaid (to save on getting the 2nd year free). I go quite regularly (when work doesn't interfere) to LA Fitness (which I've honestly been happy with), but just rather make life easier and be able to work out with friends rather than by myself. My company is moving to the old KIA (*GASP*) headquarters in Irvine.

The online prices listed are:
$24 initiation Fee
$80 Processing Fee
$470 1yr Paid in Full (around $39/mo.)

Any deals out there? TIA

Sorry for the OT, but it is fitness related :thumbsup:

#2 ·
3yr Prepaids are the Best Deal

If you're considering prepaid, my wife just got a 3-year prepaid for $649 = $18/mo. Then, every year after that is only $49, which greatly reduces the average per month the longer you stay on. Of course, this is not for you if you're a short-timer. Anyway, this should be available in all clubs, it's just not advertised on their website. You have to go into a gym and ask for it. Good luck.

#3 ·
chanca said:
If you're considering prepaid, my wife just got a 3-year prepaid for $649 = $18/mo. Then, every year after that is only $49, which greatly reduces the average per month the longer you stay on. Of course, this is not for you if you're a short-timer. Anyway, this should be available in all clubs, it's just not advertised on their website. You have to go into a gym and ask for it. Good luck.
Thanks for the info. That's not a bad deal at all and would consider it. I've been a gym "regular" for the past 7 yrs. I don't go to get ripped (well I used to) or anyuthing, just to maintain some type of fitness level as opposed to sit on the couch everyday after work, so I wouldn't have a problem w/ a "long" term commitment to a gym (it's now limited by basically how much my wallet will allow at this point). :thumbsup:

#4 ·
a couple years back i had a friend who worked at a 24hr "sport" and she was given some enrollment coupons to give to friends, it was a killer deal. $20 a month, no b.s. initiation fee of any sort!

we have someone coming into our work from 24hr fitness tomorrow and the rates dont seem to be all that great..$49.00 Initiation fee, first and last months dues, and then $34.00 a month...and i think this is for a "One-Club Sport" membership...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.