Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Once a year

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  aword4you 
#1 ·
It's a ride (hike?) that I only like to do once a year. The window of opportunity for tolerable conditions is closing. So, we took advantage of the cool temps and got our hike on.

Route taken was up SJT..up Pain Divide (my least favorite climb in all of SoCal), and then a series of 12 brutal hike-a-bikes (Los Pinos). Just when I am at the point of slitting my wrists....... The payoff begins.

Rodman described some of the descents like this:

"Some of the downhill sections were as steep as the uphill sections you are about to see. I would enter them at a snail's pace then as it got steeper I was applying full braking force with my hands, and actually accelerating! That's how steep some the sections were".

Images by: Rodman

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
ahh, i feel the same way about noble, once a year!!:) los pinos is a goodie! the HABs lead to some awesome descents, long descents too. how did the last rocky part treat ya, that is some good stuff, gets pretty technical in there. hats off to ya for doing it with the rigid, its babyhead city at points!!

#8 · (Edited)
Nice!! Hey Steve does that trail require is a full wetsuit like what you are wearing? Or is a shorty OK like what Teresa is wearing. Looking forward to my invite for next time.;) Maybe my wrist will be out of this cast by then.

Jay

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.