JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

Old Reliable, Will Rogers

You know, Will Rogers is fun every single time I ride it. So it's not the most technical, and often it's crowded, but DAMN it's a cool trail and I feel lucky that it's so close. =) Ran into Pacman for the nice Single Speed Trio, saw tons of little bunnies (awww!) plus the requisite 1000 lizards. Also found a nice snake and heard us some "rattlers" on the way down. Good times.

Pics from today:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/91694861@N00/sets/214936/

JMH

you go ahead
    Feb 2005
    I love that trail

Last time I rode it I (and the others in the group) encountered a pretty angy rattler. He was around one of the landslides, and barring the trail.

The backbone just gets better evey time I ride it, and unlike most trails, the ruts just make it more fun to ride

Glad I'm not the only one enjoying it

mtbr member
    Hey JMH, nice to meet you and Carla. I'd give an opinion on my Reba but I'm not expert enough - as long as it doesn't leak like my SID it's OK.
    I like the trail in both directions!

Picture: The Bay from Will Rogers.
    Attached Images Attached Images

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

Likewise!

It was great! Feel free to email if you ever want ride partners... our weekdays are often flexible with enough notice.

J

Quote Originally Posted by pacman
    Hey JMH, nice to meet you and Carla. I'd give an opinion on my Reba but I'm not expert enough - as long as it doesn't leak like my SID it's OK.
    I like the trail in both directions!

Picture: The Bay from Will Rogers.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Curious

If you 2 have never met, how did you know who the other was? Where you at a rest area, and said to each other "Hi Im Pacman" "Hi I am Donkey Kong" or what?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shwaa
    If you 2 have never met, how did you know who the other was? Where you at a rest area, and said to each other "Hi Im Pacman" "Hi I am Donkey Kong" or what?
    You have to be a member of the SS cult to understand.

Or did my fame precede me?

pewpewpew Moderator
    Wil Rogers is fun indeed. That is a great loop there.

JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

Subtle Clues

I recognized the Boone Ti cog from his avitar. ;-)

J

Quote Originally Posted by Shwaa

you go ahead
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Impy
    Wil Rogers is fun indeed. That is a great loop there.
    I like paso more than sulllivan ridge

Except that sullivan ridge has singletrack paralleling it all the way down (or up). Actually I think you're the one that told me that.... and convinced me to go give the fire road a look

Paseo Miramar x Eagle Rock x Backbone = Most fun I can have (yes I need to ride in other places )

rsutyb

Just Ride!

It's been a while for me

It used to be my favorite loop. From Sunset up the Will Rogers park entrance to the trail and hangout by the bridge and enjoy the view. Then head out to the Backbone, nice single tracks btw, say hi to the big ol' tree up to the hub then down Sullivan and head home. That was a nice 30+ mile ride. But I have to say everytime I pass the Tree and into that tight overgrown with shrubs and branches singletrack, it sure freaks me out because it feels like something is watching me thru the bushes.

pewpewpew Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pigtire
    It used to be my favorite loop. From Sunset up the Will Rogers park entrance to the trail and hangout by the bridge and enjoy the view. Then head out to the Backbone, nice single tracks btw, say hi to the big ol' tree up to the hub then down Sullivan and head home. That was a nice 30+ mile ride. But I have to say everytime I pass the Tree and into that tight overgrown with shrubs and branches singletrack, it sure freaks me out because it feels like something is watching me thru the bushes.
    Sullivan canyon is like that sometimes too. I did a solo ride there one day and was sure I was being stalked by a something.

pewpewpew Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBearings
    I like paso more than sulllivan ridge

Except that sullivan ridge has singletrack paralleling it all the way down (or up). Actually I think you're the one that told me that.... and convinced me to go give the fire road a look

Paseo Miramar x Eagle Rock x Backbone = Most fun I can have (yes I need to ride in other places )

rsutyb

I have been too wimpy to hit up paseo on the SS yet, but I think I will have to soon. So if you see a gal pushing a sycip up that thing, say hi

you go ahead
    Feb 2005
    I have been too wimpy to hit up paseo on the SS yet, but I think I will have to soon. So if you see a gal pushing a sycip up that thing, say hi

Long time ago I was considering going SS. To see if I could, I tried paseo without changing gears from the 2nd chainring and 4th gear in back (don't remember the teeth # )

I remember only getting about 50 feet

Are you gonna eat that?
    Sullivan canyon is like that sometimes too. I did a solo ride there one day and was sure I was being stalked by a something.
    Uh oh, they're onto me...

Just Ride!

Hehehe

That's a good one

QUOTE=Kyoseki]Uh oh, they're onto me...[/QUOTE]