See you at the top.

Ojai area ride this weekend

Hey all I am headed from Oceanside up to Ojai this weekend and am looking for some ride beta and/or someone to ride with on Saturday of Sunday. I do not know the area at all.

I will not slow anyone down going up or down. I am a trail rider and like to be out for long rides. I did the Santa Ana River Trail this weekend and though it was awsome though an easy 32 miles.

Anyway if you know the area and have a recomendation or want to hit the trails Saturday or Sunday morning drop a line.

Thanks.

Neg reppers r my biatches
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstar
    Hey all I am headed from Oceanside up to Ojai this weekend and am looking for some ride beta and/or someone to ride with on Saturday of Sunday. I do not know the area at all.

I will not slow anyone down going up or down. I am a trail rider and like to be out for long rides. I did the Santa Ana River Trail this weekend and though it was awsome though an easy 32 miles.

Anyway if you know the area and have a recomendation or want to hit the trails Saturday or Sunday morning drop a line.

Thanks.
    Hey Darkstar....I may be able to join you. Though I have not done it in a while, there is a great loop that will take approx 4 hourse +/- that I would love to do. For reference, using this map, it would begin at Sisar Canyon with a climb....traverse over to and down Gridley, and then back (by road) to the cars. I think it is about 32 or 33 miles if I remember.

I will let you know if I can make it....

Cheers,
    FoShizzle
    Attached Images Attached Images

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Nice ride.

A fat chunky burrito from Mike & Robs after you descend Gridley might be a nice way to finish things off...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    For reference, using this map, it would begin at Sisar Canyon with a climb....traverse over to and down Gridley, and then back (by road) to the cars. I think it is about 32 or 33 miles if I remember.
    Great ride! I prefer to park at the Gridley trailhead. That way you get all the pavement out of the way at the beginning of the ride. Makes for a nice warm-up before climbing Sisar, and when you hit the bottom of Gridley, you're done. Also puts you closer to post-ride food options.

Quote Originally Posted by JimN
    Great ride! I prefer to park at the Gridley trailhead. That way you get all the pavement out of the way at the beginning of the ride. Makes for a nice warm-up before climbing Sisar, and when you hit the bottom of Gridley, you're done. Also puts you closer to post-ride food options.
    that is a good point regarding starting at gridley.

depending on my plans, i may instead do the ride parking at the base of Sulphur Mountain...climb and down to 150....over to Sisar...Gridley....bike path back to car. I have not done that in about a year. At this point it is either that ride or Strawberry Peak...I want to get a great ride in before the holidays completely screw up my riding

cheers

See you at the top.

Good job! I am in

Hey Foshizzle I would love to check out any ride. These are single track? Technical what is the 411? I have never ridden the area.

See you at the top.

Friend flaked trip canceled

Hey thanks for the info. It looks like I am not making up this weekend. My friend flaked on me.

sorry to hear that......i decided yesterday to bypass this ride as I do not know what Ojai is like after rains. instead I am going to ride Strawberry Peak with some mtbr guys who will likely punish me badly.

a.k.a. MTBMaven
    I know you posted this on another thread, but you should have you buddies take you to Chilao. If you've done Strawberry you will really like Chilao. It will be a nice new trail to try.
    I thought of that while riding my bicycle. ~ Albert Einstein on the theory of relativity