mtbr member
    May 2006

OC guys and gals . . . .

I'll be headed up to the OC Wednesday for a business meeting that should get out around noon. Want to take my buddy out for a ride in the afternoon and looking for a good track. He's a noob, just getting into the game, but I'd like at least a little challenge on the ride. The meetings in the Lake Forest area, but he lives up in Huntington Beach, so we'll be somewhere between those two parts.

Any recommended venues would be greatly appreciated.

Death By Snoo Snoo
    Aliso Viejo has nice network of trails that range in skill level, i am sure you will find something there that will sit his skill level.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Aliso- Rock-it (trail) is alot of fun. As munkyspank said, there are trails available to suit any skill level. That would be my first choice. Whiting Ranch also has some fun little trails. One ***** of a climb for a NOOB. It will be rewarded with some fun singletrack! Good Luck!

OMR - Old Man Riding

Here's another option...

El Moro Canyon in North Laguna Beach... has a good trail system, close to the ocean with great views and the ride up the canyon is perfect for a nooby.

OMR
    Older than Dirt!!!

Just mob it...
    since you'll be in Lake Forest...a great n00b and cruise with a nice fast non tech downhill trail is Whiting Ranch. It is actually a really really fun trail, with a few options for descents...hit me up if u need directions there...
    Chris

mtbr member
    i can show you around if you wanna start a little later, maybe 3pm? i'll be in the lake forest area and we can hit up whiting or aliso if ya like. We can take a short cut and cut out the initial cholla climb and cruise down rock it and hit the singletrack along the bottom