Thread: oakley jumps

mtbr member
    May 2006

oakley jumps

where are they all i know is that they are in foothill ranch near the oakley hq directions or a trail map would be apreciated thanks

mtbr member
    Just drive up to the Oakley building. They are there just outside their parking lot. You can't miss them.
    Always preach the Gospel; even if you need to use words.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy aka Rut
    Just drive up to the Oakley building. They are there just outside their parking lot. You can't miss them.
    Andy,
    If you're talking about the track just below the main parking lot/main entrance....be advised, if seen by the law, you may get ticketed. It's private property.

It was built to do a promo/testing for Fox youth goggles only was scheduled to be torn down soon.

Cheers-
    Scott

mtbr member
    Guys,

I think he's asking about the "other" spot right up the street. If so, that's where the guys used to go to huck. It too is on private property. I don't know the condition of the area, but do not believe that anyone has really done any up-keep on it in a while. I may be wrong though.

No map, and no directions for anyone who hasn't already been there LOL!
    MTB - Niner Jet9 RDO
    MTB - '10 S-WORKS 29er hardtail
    Road - '11 Specialized Roubaix Pro

Oakley - High Definition Optics

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by E-man
    Guys,

I think he's asking about the "other" spot right up the street. If so, that's where the guys used to go to huck. It too is on private property. I don't know the condition of the area, but do not believe that anyone has really done any up-keep on it in a while. I may be wrong though.

No map, and no directions for anyone who hasn't already been there LOL!
    E-man,
    Yeah...I know the "other" spot has not been used in a while. I believe there were some "complications" and since that time, nobody has used it.

Hung Like a Lightswitch
    Feb 2004
    Yeah, I haven't been there in about a year or so. I've been wondering if those jumps and drops are still there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hbfrdh1
    Yeah, I haven't been there in about a year or so. I've been wondering if those jumps and drops are still there.
    I'll try to check it in the next few days and see what kind of shape they're in?

Don't be a sheep
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Burdman
    I'll try to check it in the next few days and see what kind of shape they're in?
    I don't think they are there anymore. I think they were bulldozed right after the Kyle Strait shoot. Check this out to see what they used to look like.

http://www.freemanimages.com/
    "Do not touch the trim"

mtbr member
    May 2006
    If you drive back into the canyon behind Oakley there is a small bike area that someone built for 50's in Holy Jim Canyon. From Oakley take Glen Ranch up and over past Whiting until it hits El Toro Road/Santiago Canyon Road turn left. About a mile up make a right at Cooks Corner Restaurant. Follow that all the way until the very end past Oneil Park and there is a dirt turnoff to the left before you go up this really twisting hill road. When you get in the dirt just to the right off the main trail there is a small section that has some freeride type of stuff in it, or used to. Not really sure how much is there anymore.

18 years old
    Feb 2005
    I really hate to bring a thread like this back up, but I have been searching for information on this place. I have been out to the spot recently and noticed some improvements since the last time I was out. Who is building here? Do you/they care if I do a little of my own upkeep? (Not touching anybody else's lines...but just clearing bushes.) What are these 'complications'? Thanks for any info someone can give me.

PS: I have been there before, I don't need directions.
    Quote Originally Posted by irieness
    ...it's just that when I'm wondering what things are like head tube, seat post, cranks, flux capacitor, SS, FS, hardtail...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    1st rule of fight club: Don't...
    2nd rule of fight club: don't bring up threads from 2 years ago!

UNDEAD
    Can we please not talk about directions to this place?
    It would really be benificial to us all

There is this feature called PM on this forum if that is needed.

Thank you,

First rule of FIGHT CLUB.......

18 years old
    Feb 2005
    Meh. Can't say I didn't expect that. Goodbye thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by irieness
    ...it's just that when I'm wondering what things are like head tube, seat post, cranks, flux capacitor, SS, FS, hardtail...