mtbr member
    Nov 2007

now thqat whiting ranch is closed

i have only ever ridden whiting ranch in the oc area now im kinda baffled on where to ride. i want a place which is about the same level of difficulty of whiting ranch but i can handle a more difficult climb any suggestions i just need to get out and ride.

mtbr member

Lots of places to ride

Whiting was one of my favorite places to ride...about a mile from my house and had a little bit of everything for a quick ride but it's just the beginning of a lot of great places to ride in OC

There's Santiago Oaks on the other side of the canyon (it has a harder climb and some fun descents), Aliso, which has pretty much anything you want in climbing and descending wise, Tierras Creek Loop is less technical but has a couple short, steep climbs, Holy Jim is a good climb and not heavily used. And that's just a few places near Whiting (sort of.)

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    thanks from the looks of things online aliso looks like the most ideal place for me to ride i am looking forward to checking it out. it looks like a blast but if anyone has any other suggestions i would definitely like to have a couple more options

jrm
    mtbr member

Limestone Canyon

will still provide access to the goods up mojeska and beyond.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    There are a ton of places in OC and the surrounding area.

http://www.geoladders.com

You can also read up on areas on socalmtb.com, but the info is likely outdated.