Thread: A Noble day

Negative Rep Points!!!!

A Noble day

First order of business was a little trail work. We met up with the SDMBA crew and gave a little love back to Noble Canyon. Poison Oak removal and cutting back of the brush/downed trees, etc. was the plan.

After the shwag was distributed ...it was time to play.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What the EFF is "All MOUNTAIN"???

Negative Rep Points!!!!

More

• File Type: jpg 7.jpg (182.5 KB, 430 views)
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (186.9 KB, 428 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (175.8 KB, 428 views)
    • File Type: jpg 11.jpg (150.1 KB, 431 views)
    • File Type: jpg 14.jpg (117.8 KB, 425 views)

mechmann_mtb
    we rode up there today. so bummed that pinball was destroyed. we went up extra credit, exited early because we were not sure about navigating the Secret ST, went up to Indian Creek, up to BLT and did a lap around the lake, then came back down. didn't do any really big stunts, afraid of hurting myself before our trip. i almost cleaned waterfall on the way up, got hung up. cleaned all the regular stuff on noble on the way down except the hop turn, still can't hop a damn 180 consistently. Allison may post pics if i can get her to stay concious long enough.

Just another Homer
    Wow, you guys get snakes for swag? That's not fair, they just give us a bunch of bike stuff.

Looked like a fun ride.
    I may not be as good as I once was.
    But I'm as good once, as I ever was.
    Toby Keith

mtbr member
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mechmann_mtb
    we rode up there today. so bummed that pinball was destroyed. we went up extra credit, exited early because we were not sure about navigating the Secret ST, went up to Indian Creek, up to BLT and did a lap around the lake, then came back down. didn't do any really big stunts, afraid of hurting myself before our trip. i almost cleaned waterfall on the way up, got hung up. cleaned all the regular stuff on noble on the way down except the hop turn, still can't hop a damn 180 consistently. Allison may post pics if i can get her to stay concious long enough.
    Glad you two made it down safely. We waited for a while but MonkeyB was getting hungry for Mananas.

mtbr member
    Wow!

What a great day of trailwork and riding. That was my first time for riding the legendary Noble Canyon, and I couldn't imagine a better way to experience it. I can't wait to do it again! For me, it was definitely an 'epic day' of mountain biking that will not be soon forgotten.

Thanks also to the great people at SDMBA and CalCoast Bikes for organizing the whole thing.
    - elivingston

Negative Rep Points!!!!

More pics

Weatherwise......it was one of the most spectacular days, I've ever seen up there!

Here's some more pics.
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (70.0 KB, 372 views)
    • File Type: jpg 50.jpg (170.4 KB, 373 views)
    • File Type: jpg 51.jpg (149.5 KB, 369 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (190.2 KB, 371 views)
    • File Type: jpg 54.jpg (131.5 KB, 366 views)

ISO Gems...
    Agree...I don't remember ever having such spectacular weather and conditions to work and ride in...it made for an epic day. Noble is in great shape now that the Poison Oak and brush have been clipped back. David on that Heckler was rippin'

D

Granny

I thought Aqua only threw tailwhips. Snazzy pictures!!

mtbr member
    Yo DirtyD, are you a snake charmer now? YIKES! Hope to see you guys this Wednesday....

ISO Gems...
    Mr. Peru,

Bummer this Wednesday we won't be able to hook up with you. We're headin' to Downieville for a couple of days for my bachelor ride... after this weekend I will be a married man. We'd love to have you out again but if you do plan on riding this Wednesday, PM Maggro and hook up with him for a ride out there.

I wish I could make a living snake charming but unless you're in India, I don' think it would cut paying the bills.

D
    Last edited by Dirty D; 05-29-2006 at 10:40 PM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Sorry I couldn't join you guys for the clean-up and ride ... but I was riding Noble Canyon the weekend before and have a bit of Poison Oak on one of my ankles as a result (no big deal). Just wanted to say thanks for taking care of the trail!! You guys are awesome!

Lord of the Chainrings
    Awesome pix's!
    Now I gotta get a hall pass and go again.....

VP-Free or Nomad????
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

Glad to Be Alive
    always love the pics.......nice trail work
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days