mtbr member

Noble Cyn shuttle on Thurs 4/19?

Hey!

Is anyone interested in shuttling Noble Canyone on Thursday? Like, 10-ish till 3-ish?

Please email me:
    laura.drexler (at) gmail.com

If you've got the day off and are intereted, let me know.

Why aren't you riding????
    Wow, the Lords of Singletrack - My Way must be getting soft on you Laura. not a hater yet.

wish i could join you.

mtbr member
    What?

I am soooo confused.

BTW, who are you in real life?

Birthday Collector
    REAL Mountain Bikers pedal UP Noble to earn the ride down.... It's a great climb, even if you make a loop out of it via Deer Park Rd or climb up Indian Crk.

mtbr member

are you kidding me?

You're really going to start this up again, that only REAL mountain bikers ride to the top instead of shutting??? Don't be such a little ****, let people do what they want. If you feel like you're so much tougher because you ride up, then keep it to yourself.

Birthday Collector
    Hmmm... Touchy this morning? I was being a little sarcastic, for the small minds that can't grasp that. Fine - do what you want, but riding your bike up may let you scope the trail and have a great idea of what's in store for the ride down, as well as who is coming up on foot when you passed them. Passed nobody - then you can probably haul ass for at least the first half of the trail without worrying about taking out Grampa on a turn. Maybe you are ultra-safe in your riding habits, but the years I rode that trail I know that there are plenty who aren't. I hope you and the others that are shuttling aren't the f**king idiots who couldn't control their speed taking us or others out when we were heading up. I'm sort of surprised the trail is still open - it's really a jewel, and I hope that you get to continue to appreciate it. And really - try riding up it someday. You might notice that there is a lot more there than rocks to avoid and lines to pick.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by ATBScott
    Hmmm... Touchy this morning? I was being a little sarcastic, for the small minds that can't grasp that. Fine - do what you want, but riding your bike up may let you scope the trail and have a great idea of what's in store for the ride down, as well as who is coming up on foot when you passed them. Passed nobody - then you can probably haul ass for at least the first half of the trail without worrying about taking out Grampa on a turn. Maybe you are ultra-safe in your riding habits, but the years I rode that trail I know that there are plenty who aren't. I hope you and the others that are shuttling aren't the f**king idiots who couldn't control their speed taking us or others out when we were heading up. I'm sort of surprised the trail is still open - it's really a jewel, and I hope that you get to continue to appreciate it. And really - try riding up it someday. You might notice that there is a lot more there than rocks to avoid and lines to pick.

I am the one in full armour that can't slow down and sometimes hit other bikers...I ride a red M-3 and answer to Bob if you have any questions
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Geritol Power

STFU Scott

don't be a dick.

Chris on a mustard colored Preston, red bullit, yellow v-10 or silver Giant AC.

mtbr member
    Hi Scott,

So, I guess it's picture time...

This is from the second time I climbed the Indian Creek Trail / Noble Canyon. Attempting the "waterfall" on Indian Creek, I miscalculated and tumbled off the edge of the trail, landing about 25 feet down the ravine. I had enough time to process the thought, "I wonder how far I'll fall before I stop..."

The picture shows me in the green jersey and black camelbak, near the place where I came to rest, being assisted by Denny. You see two people up top retrieving my bike at the place where I clipped out and dove off it. If you notice, it's too steep for the girl to stand up.

After a brief rest, I finished the ride (another 3 hours).

I don't mind climbing, but I've found it's not my forte. I'm much better at descending.
    So here's me after some girlfriends and we climbed Anderson to the top. This was playing down below...

LOTS of fun!!!

But then, maybe you're not really the descending type...

Birthday Collector
    Now those are some great pics - OK, maybe not the post-crash photos, but I happen to dig the fact that people earn their downhills. I think I remember that rock up on Anderson too - nice jump. I was basically just dishing some sh!t in my original post to needle ya for not making the ride up. (My girlfriend dislikes climbing too, but loves the reward...)

After a couple of people had such violent reactions to my dig, it seems to have turned into a flame war (which has me chuckling). Where I live now the DH-types would have laughed and given me some good natured feces in reply, instead of taking it so personally. I guess that is because most of them grind their beasts up the hills - slow - but still impressive that some of them do that. With $3.30 a gallon gas, why not climb up instead of burning a couple of dinos?

As far as me not liking descending, well hell - that's why I climb! Virtually all mountain bikers are downhillers at some level or another... I check my speed maxes on some of my favorite downhills, and can claim a 20th overall at the Mammoth Kamikaze one year - Steve Peet I am not, but I can roll, and do it responsibly. If you can't do it responsibly, then get the f*ck off of publicly accessible trails before your a$$ho!e behavior closes them to the rest of us.

sunnyracegirl, I hope you had fun at Noble, even if you did shuttle It was (and hope that it still is after the fires) one of the nicer trails in the state. I rode it hundreds of times in the 20+ years I rode in San Diego. I still miss the Lagunas and the 'macas and Borrego.

mtbr member
    Haha - fair enough.

When I first read your post, I reacted negatively as well, but then thought you were probably just giving me a hard time like any of my friends who prefer climbing to descending. LOL, yeah, yeah... whatever.

But, later when I read the "hope you're not one of the farking idiots" comment and the "try riding up it someday" comment, I was compelled to post. If you were Bob, on the other hand, or someone who knew me, and had said, "Laura, you slacker noob rider, don't you know if you shuttle you'll probably burn out your transmission?" well, THAT might have been amusing...

No harm, no foul. Sarcasm is always hard to convey online.

Birthday Collector
    sunnyracegirl, I'm no natural climber, lithe and wispy - I'm more like a fast bulldozer. The only reason I have any measureable climbing prowess is because I have done it for so many years just to get up the hill. When I responded to the first reply I had just got off the phone with a PITA customer and was a little miffed - maybe my response was a bit snippy, and if so, I'll apologize to Riseagainst. Shivermetimbers' response was either one of the better sarcastic posts I've read lately, or a compelling argument for post-birth abortion! I have no issue with downhilling but do think that anyone spending megabucks on an 8" or more travel bike with the associated armor and full-face, etc... should also spend the fifty bucks for a lift ticket at a resort where they can really exercise the capabilities of the machine and not take out a couple of bird-watchers. Besides - if you need more than 6" of travel on a trail like Noble or SJT, you're either going way too fast for the situation, or you need to sharpen up the handling skills a bit. (Time to get a fully rigid bike maybe...?) Have a great weekend. It's raining up here

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007

ZING!

mtbr member
    Hey Laura!

If you ever organize any rides on weekends on ATT or Noble (or anywhere else, for that matter), let me know. I'd love to join you one of these days...I haven't made it to many races this year due to crappy work travel schedule.

Ciao!

Northern Aggressor
    Jan 2007

Now I know

Hey guys, just an FYI: bikers at ATT are basically being shot on sight now a days.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by ATBScott
    . Shivermetimbers' response was either one of the better sarcastic posts I've read lately, or a compelling argument for post-birth abortion! I
    I am just a pain and havew Laura's back

noble is tooo flat
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Why aren't you riding????
    i rest my case.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Never had a problem with ATT.