Ambi-Turner
    May 2010

NOble Cyn Condition - Snow?

Looking to ride on Sun 2/24. Any snow or heavy mod at the top?
    thx

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Looks like there's still snow on the ground at the top of Mt Laguna.

NOble Cyn Condition - Snow?-ml-s-mobo-c.jpg

Not sure about lower down.

I <3 Dirt
    I took my kids up to Mt. Laguna this afternoon to play in the snow. Not a ton of snow left, but enough to go sledding down. I think the earliest you'd want to consider riding it would be next weekend.

Ambi-Turner
    May 2010
    Thanks guys.

mtbr member
    I would give it a couple of weeks before riding if it doesn't rain again. We went up there before this last rain and it was pretty mushy in places and the dirt was much harder to ride in, rolling resistance wise..
    San Diego needs singletrack

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Laguna Mountain Lodge has a Facebook page where they post daily pics. From what I'm seeing there is still a fair amount of snow in the meadows. What y'all think about how conditions on noble will be this weekend? I'm tempted to make the drive up regardless just to see.

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    ^^ Are you set on the meadow? It will stay mucky in spots even after the snow melts. Otherwise, I would think that Noble proper would be in good shape.
    Last edited by dirtvert; 02-28-2013 at 05:06 PM.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtvert View Post
    ^^ Are you set on the meadow? It will stay mucky in spots even after the snow melts. Otherwise, I would think that Noble proper would be in good shape.
    Thanks for the response. I originally had planned to lead a ride through the meadows, climb out to the south, back down gatos ravine, north through the meadow to noble, down noble and then climb back up noble and out to the highway. It would have been almost 30miles total. I think conditions are such that I should wait at least several weeks before attempting. The forest service website has road closures on the fireroads in and around the area. While the single track should be in okay condition, I dont want to be the "one" rut-ing up the trails.

Shelving it for another weekend....

Ambi-Turner
    May 2010
    Huntro: This sounds like a great route. If I can tag along, please let me know. Thx.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I'll pm you as soon as we figure out a date for reschedule. Right now it's looking like 3/16.