Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Noah's Ark just passed me on the freeway

1K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  SHIVER ME TIMBERS 
#1 ·
Looks like we're in for almost a full week of rain. What do you guys do to get a ride in?

#3 ·
tommorow seems out for sure (up to 1/2 " forecast). but sat and sunday, I bet I can squeeze in something in between the showers. Most likely will be on fireroads though as the trails will be mucky messes.

And if all else fails, I will be drinking many delightful treats here...

Hey, maybe rain is not such a bad thing after all.....;)

#4 ·
Impy said:
tommorow seems out for sure (up to 1/2 " forecast). but sat and sunday, I bet I can squeeze in something in between the showers. Most likely will be on fireroads though as the trails will be mucky messes.

And if all else fails, I will be drinking many delightful treats here...

Hey, maybe rain is not such a bad thing after all.....;)
My my my... looks like you will be at my local watering hole. I am there every other friday (payday). Heck, I will be there tomorrow night after I ride some urban.

Yeah, I am new around here on MTBR.

#5 ·
I guess I was lucky

to get the flu during a week of yucky weather, but my hubby and I usually ride fire roads when it is raining- but not if it's a torrential downpour - wouldn't want to go slinding down the hillside with several tons of mud :(
donna

#12 ·
Likewise

Last Sunday morning I woke up feeling like shiat.I decided to ride anyways because it had worked for me in the past where I could ride the bad feeling or sick feeling away.This time it didn't work and back fired on me.I was off work for 3 days and I still feel awful.I lost out on my planned double century and I'm still in no condition to ride.
Plus I wouldn't even think about riding anywhere out there in the westside with that big kitty being out there.Looks like a roadie weekend for the most part.I'll be sitting in front of the boob-tube.

#14 ·
Mtnbikenmama said:
to get the flu during a week of yucky weather, but my hubby and I usually ride fire roads when it is raining- but not if it's a torrential downpour - wouldn't want to go slinding down the hillside with several tons of mud :(
donna
hi, are you in san diego by any chance? which fireroads would be ok to ride in if you are. im a newbie and i need to keep pedaling! thanks

#15 ·
No, Im sorry

I live next to Pasadena, that's north of LA. But I know I've seen a lot of riders post from San Diego, you should have no problems finding some people to ride with.
donna
kneekoh said:
hi, are you in san diego by any chance? which fireroads would be ok to ride in if you are. im a newbie and i need to keep pedaling! thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.