TCB
    mtbr member

Upset No Downhill or Super D at Sagebrush

This might be old news, I just read on the Tean Big Bear website that there will be no Downhill or a Super D this year at Sagebrush, is this because of the high cost of liability insurance.

http://teambigbear.com

TCB
    mtbr member
    I think I found my answer, from Mountain Bike Action website.

A lot of riders have questions about the California State Downhill Series. With all that has happened this year there is just not enough time to put a full series together that's fair to both Northern and Southern California downhillers. After much discussion between NORBA, Team Big Bear and Southridge Racing Club, the decision was made to award the race to Fontana. So for this year the Cal State DH Champs will be a one-shot event just like the U.S. Nationals at Mammoth.

This decision was made because number one, Southridge has been a part of the Cal State DH Series for over 6 years now. After studying the geographic profile on all the riders who consistently follow the series, it was only fair to pick Southridge Park as the one-shot location.

So on June 5, 2005 the race for the California State Downhill Champion will take place in Fontana, California. State Championship jerseys will be awarded to each class winner. Also the top 15 riders from each class will be automatically seeded into the NORBA U.S. Nationals to be held in Mammoth, California on September 17, '05.

http://www.mbaction.com/detail.asp?id=1201