Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

Night Time Legal Trails in OC?

With the streetlights coming on earlier and earlier - I was wondering if someone could point out some trails in the OC area that are legal to access after dark. I want to try out some night riding.

Over the Hill

Cleveland National Forest

Santiago Truck Trail / Luge. Can get a little busy out there at night.

All the County and State Parks close at sunset.

stay thirsty, my friends
    fullerton?

mtbr member
    i've done fullerton at night before. even though its by the houses it gets kinda creepy. people use the wooded areas for random things at night.

we do a weekly night ride in the claremont area. marshall canyon/claremont wilderness trails. lots of people from the oc ride it every wednesday night around 7 pm.

i've heard they do san juan at night too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Anything in the Cleveland National Forest - Black Star, Santiago Truck Trail (already mentioned), San Juan?? I dunno. Just look for trails in the national forest. The State and County parks are illegal at night. But then I haven't been night riding in like seven years, so I'm probably blowing smoke out my bung ho, hehe. I got a ticket once night riding out at Whiting years and years ago. My brother and I were met by a cop and a park ranger at the four corners. At least they let us ride back down on the trails

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    Quote Originally Posted by dubjay
    With the streetlights coming on earlier and earlier - I was wondering if someone could point out some trails in the OC area that are legal to access after dark. I want to try out some night riding.
    1. Santiago Truck Trail/Luge (most popular at night)
    2. San Juan (Never been at night, but heard it's great)
    3. Fully Loop (sucks for either day or night riding, but it is open after dark)

Closed at night:
    Whiting
    Aliso & Woods Canyons
    MCM# 2007.1

I've got a Stiffee
    Anyone know of any group night rides on STT/Luge during the week? Or anyone looking for a ride partner once a week out there? Just not interested in riding out there at night solo.

Over the Hill

team basso

What! did my avitar scare you?

I don't remember what night of the week, but it was a week night. They meet at Cook's Corner. The night I rode there were allot of them...steady stream of lights climbing the hill.

Chillin the Most

Team Basso more info...

Team Basso rides the Luge on Tuesday and Thurday's after daylight savings. Currently their still doing the Tuesday -Aliso and Thursday- Whiting rides.

For more info click on logo , the rides are listed on the right hand side of the main page. enjoy.

stay thirsty, my friends
    Man I need a light

Climbing Sucks.

We have a group meeting at cooks at 7:00 on friday to do luge

Quote Originally Posted by FXRob
    Anyone know of any group night rides on STT/Luge during the week? Or anyone looking for a ride partner once a week out there? Just not interested in riding out there at night solo.

We are riding luge 7:00pm friday nights meet at cooks corner I will be in the white 4runner.

CappyKd

I've got a Stiffee
    Quote Originally Posted by cappykd
    We are riding luge 7:00pm friday nights meet at cooks corner I will be in the white 4runner.

CappyKd
    Thanks for the invite, however I'd like to do something mid week instead of a Friday night. You ride any other nights besides Friday?

giddy up!
    Tuesday night, 6pm, cooks corner. We usually ride up to old camp, down the luge, then wahoo's for food. Usually a pretty big group, up to 20 on some nights, pretty good pace, lot's of singlespeeders. Come on out if you get a chance.

Brian
    www.thepathbikeshop.com

Be about it!
    Man I remember my first and only night ride at Luge earlier this year -- my buddy and I had just got our lights. We caught up to a group of about 12 riders going up Modjeska -- the guys were pretty fast. Anyways I was pushing hard because I'm still fairly new and didn't want to get left behind -- my buddy Craig is really strong rider. So coming down the last stretch of ruts just before going up to the flag (start of luge) I ate shite big time!!! I was in the middle of the pack so thank goodness I didn't cause anyone to crash, but all the fellaz were real cool and made sure I was aight. I didn't get their names though.

Anyways I'd like to hook up with some riders or groups who's cool and varied in terms of riding skill for some mid-week rides -- my road-dawg Craig isn't always available. I have a family so I usually don't have time afterwards to eat and hang out (although I wish I could) -- so Luge loop from Cook's would be cool.
    Last edited by MoeChedda; 09-22-2004 at 05:33 PM. Reason: cuz I be illiterate sometimes...
    [SIZE=2]... You're not going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe? It should be more natural, brotha. It should flow out like this: "Look man, I ain't fallin' for no banana in my tailpipe!" See, that's more natural for us. You been hanging out with this dude too long ... [/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Axel Foley: Beverly Hills Cop[/SIZE]
    -Moe

_
    Mar 2004
    I'm down for this, i just need a good light, preferrably one that doesnt cost a million bucks!

Be about it!

Cygolite Z-Force

Quote Originally Posted by bdee
    I'm down for this, i just need a good light, preferrably one that doesnt cost a million bucks!
    Yoe bdee:

My buddy and I picked up Cygolite Z-Force brand new for $216 including shipping. These are HID and handlebar mount. Bombproof and very bright and focused. 3 hour runtime on single charge and I've had zero complaints.

I'd be down also to run luge at night.

Peace.
    [SIZE=2]... You're not going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe? It should be more natural, brotha. It should flow out like this: "Look man, I ain't fallin' for no banana in my tailpipe!" See, that's more natural for us. You been hanging out with this dude too long ... [/SIZE] [SIZE=1]Axel Foley: Beverly Hills Cop[/SIZE]
    -Moe

I've got a Stiffee
    Figure it is time to bump this one back up to the top! I plan on riding Cooks/STT/Luge tomorrow night (Thursday)....probably around 6ish. Anyone else interested?

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    Figure it is time to bump this one back up to the top! I plan on riding Cooks/STT/Luge tomorrow night (Thursday)....probably around 6ish. Anyone else interested?
    FX - count me in for a 6PM ride tonight (Thurs 11/4). Look for me in the Cooks Corner parking area. I'll be in a white Toyota Sequoia.
    I plan on taking it fairly easy tonight. Got to adapt to the night riding thing again.
    MCM# 2007.1

I've got a Stiffee
    Sounds good, I'll be at a nice easy pace also since it will be my first night ride out there. I'll be in a silver Civic.

Be about it!
    Sounds good, I'll be at a nice easy pace also since it will be my first night ride out there. I'll be in a silver Civic.

Thanks for the invite Rob -- I plan on being there and my buddy is tenative. If I have to cancel I'll shoot you off an email or call ahead of time. I'm in a white Expedition (old body style).

Peace!
    -Moe

I've got a Stiffee
    Cool, sounds like there will be a lot of people out there since the Team Basso ride is at 6 also.

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    Cool, sounds like there will be a lot of people out there since the Team Basso ride is at 6 also.
    There was a crew doing trail maintenance on the Luge Sat so it should be in pristine shape for tonight. Looking forward to it.
    MCM# 2007.1

I've got a Stiffee
    Yep, we rode STT/Old Camp/Luge on Sunday and the Luge is in awesome condition right now!

stay thirsty, my friends
    Anybody ever do Turnbull at night?

I've got a Stiffee
    Hey guys, I'm out for tonight unfortunately...family issues. I'll definately be able to ride next week though....sorry.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast