mtbr member

Night rides - SM Mountains...

Ride every weekend but looking to start night riding again after many years (the new lights out now can't be beat!).

That said, where are folks night riding these days. I'm thinking end of Reseda, Las Virgenes, Chesebro, Rocky Peak, etc... Any issues with parking and access these days. Last time I did these rides it was 1989 and there were no rules...

--
    Bill

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Reseda and Chesbro have a fee if you park at the top in the gated area (I ride up from the bottom so I do not ever use) I am not sure what the current fee. It is a put the money in the metal box type thing and if you do park up there pay attention to the stop sign and camera as you leave.

Las Virgenes free outside the park. Many park at Mulholland and Las Virgenes. This gives access to both the Calabasas trails and the Bulldog side trails.

Rocky point was free on or next to the bridge last time I was there (about a year ago) not sure about now.

I and several others ride in group every Thursday 5:30pm usually leaving from a home (free parking) near Corbin and Ventura and use several routes up (typically Greenbriar, Winnetka, Reseda or Natoma).

Night rides are good times, enjoy
    Forks are for eating, Lefty's are for racing,