mtbr member
    May 2004

night rides in SD county?

Hey, as the daylight is waning and my new lights are charging, I ponder where I can go for an evening/late night ride. I understand that most of the county/state parks (tri-canyon) will be a no-go, because they are not legal and high-risk for tickets. Now, Flightline is not really that legal to start with, so I figure that a night ride there is permissable. Um, other than that, I can think of the stuff out in CNF, ie, BLT and Noble. Any other suggestions out there? I work off of the 78 and reside in PB, so I have my choice from Oceanside/Escondido on down to central....Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Let me know if you are interested in going!

mtbr member
    Nite rides at Flightline again sound good before it gets cold at nite monday through sunday. email me: flightlineguru@yahoo.com

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

I do a regular

Quote Originally Posted by harryhood
    Hey, as the daylight is waning and my new lights are charging, I ponder where I can go for an evening/late night ride. I understand that most of the county/state parks (tri-canyon) will be a no-go, because they are not legal and high-risk for tickets. Now, Flightline is not really that legal to start with, so I figure that a night ride there is permissable. Um, other than that, I can think of the stuff out in CNF, ie, BLT and Noble. Any other suggestions out there? I work off of the 78 and reside in PB, so I have my choice from Oceanside/Escondido on down to central....Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Let me know if you are interested in going!
    20-ish mile night ride through the undocumented trails of Penasquitos Canyon. WE ride Wednesday nights at 7:00 starting from Carmel Valley.

YR

If you have to ask...

Yeah

What YR said.

miles
    It's 7:09 California time

mtbr member
    May 2004

ride follow up

OK, so the new Sigma Mirage X (revised to 10W by them) was still pretty impressive out at flightline last night. Saw a couple of riders going in, but that was it for the whole ride. It was incredible, a completely different world out there. I even managed to endo and break part of the light mount going up the west side of bridges before the first straight 10' bridge (small stump on the L caught my pedal, down I went). All in all, I think I have a new favorite hobby...
    Thanks for the responses. I will have to work on the power issue before I try and join y'all for one of those 20mi rides. Both the light and myself face endurance constraints that limits power output to about 2 hours.
    Last edited by harryhood; 10-05-2004 at 10:00 AM.

Just following orders
    Also check http://members.cox.net/garyfox/ for night rides on similar routes as Yeti_Rider and miles, but different nights.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Lake Hodges is a popular night ride as well - and Elfin Forest/Mt. Israel works pretty good at night - both offer vigorous rides that can be completed in as little as an hour (if you're worried about your light going out). Besides that - one could ride around the back-side (north) of Daley Ranch - but going in up near Dixon Lake is definitely prohibited (at night).