Life Is Short

nice and quiet in big bear right now

The man-made snow is all over Summit runs and the fire roads and ez single tracks are open for hard core riders who love the big chill. This spot is the only place where I saw snow. It needs to start snowing, the lake's water level is anemic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nice and quiet in big bear right now-10401472_10204681057738387_4091422389411307155_n.jpg  

Ride More, Eat More

mtbr member
    I was up there yesterday with some friends, but decided to take the road bike instead. The weather was pretty nice, but a little windy. Didn't really see any snow outside of a little bit of man made stuff at the resorts.

Life Is Short
    Quote Originally Posted by tahoeyeti View Post
    I was up there yesterday with some friends, but decided to take the road bike instead. The weather was pretty nice, but a little windy. Didn't really see any snow outside of a little bit of man made stuff at the resorts.
    This is off the 2N10. And yeah its kind of windy even more undesirable LOL
    Ride More, Eat More

It ain't easy being Green
    This long weekend has been awesome for riding in Big Bear! The melting snow has made for good traction, although some trails have slippery parts caused by snow slightly melting and re-freezing over multiple days and nights. This is the Skyline singletrack, the new connector that leads to Forest Dream:

nice and quiet in big bear right now-bigbearsnow112714.jpg

official eMpTyBRain
    Brrrrr, it's gotta be cold up there nowadays. This land lover will remain firmly planted at low elevations until such a time when the temps rise to my comfort zone (which keeps shrinking with age ) up on the mountain.
    ...and proud member of the anti-sock puppet desolation

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    Brrrrr, it's gotta be cold up there nowadays. This land lover will remain firmly planted at low elevations until such a time when the temps rise to my comfort zone (which keeps shrinking with age ) up on the mountain.
    I heard that.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

It ain't easy being Green
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTJUNKIE View Post
    I heard that.
    Y'all sound like roadies ;-)
    I snuck in a ride this morning before the rain (& football) started; it was in the high 40's which is warmer than many of my canyon commutes down in San Diego in the winter.

Life Is Short
    It was FRIGGIN' COLD today in Big Bear. Those winds combined with the chill almost made my nipples snap off.

On a different note, I went to Chains Required Bike Rentals and bought a tube (I know--who uses tubes) and they are up to par! Here's a rack of 27.5 Giants. The 29er rack wasn't as large.

I've been on the 27.5 for 3 years and though I still like my 29er, I just feel like the 27.5
    gives me the same turning ratio as the 26er, yet the larger diameter wheel seems to make me go faster (might just be in the head)

Driving back home now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nice and quiet in big bear right now-dsc04295.jpg  

Ride More, Eat More

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Yup...its getting cold up here. I havent ridden much in the last 3 weeks due to some severe knee pain, but got a 30 mile road ride in on Friday, felt good
    I 'll ride all the way down to 10 degrees, below that, I just dont have the gear or desire to ride.
    As far as the 27.5" bikes are concerned, Im all in, have a couple myself and dont even want to go back up or down in wheel size, feel 27.5" is the perfect size.

mtbr member
    Hey Jeff - are you guys getting snow up there today and tomorrow? Its dumping rain in OC. I need to get the fat bike back up there in some fresh snow!

Beer Please!
    Hopefully the Rain washes away all that fake snow and they re-open the bike park......
    Ride Bikes, Drink Craft Beer, Repeat.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by sdcadbiker View Post
    Y'all sound like roadies ;-)
    I snuck in a ride this morning before the rain (& football) started; it was in the high 40's which is warmer than many of my canyon commutes down in San Diego in the winter.
    My response was an inside joke to a Hawg.
    ----------- __o
    --------- _`\<,_
    BRAAP(>)/ (*)
    ************^^^^^^Rock Garden
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqpcBpSsj1A

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Just rain...but a lot of it. another possible storm coming in on the weekend which might bring snow.
    If we don't get any snow up on this or next storm, the riding should be pretty good.

Life Is Short
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane Jeff View Post
    Just rain...but a lot of it. another possible storm coming in on the weekend which might bring snow.
    If we don't get any snow up on this or next storm, the riding should be pretty good.
    "I think snow may be better, it is December after all, my man!"---Lamar the dog
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nice and quiet in big bear right now-dsc04311.jpg  

Ride More, Eat More