mtbr member
    Dec 2005

nice and easy trail to take my gf

any places i can take my gf to. she wants to do a scenic ride with plenty of views with not to much or any climbs. pretty much a nice level trail. we tried sullivans cyn, and that was even too much for her. any ideas?

Ricky

Stray Bullet
    Cheseboro

CEB
    No horse'n round
    Venice boardwalk......... take er easy on the gal. Don't let her get saddle sore too soon.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Point Mugu State Park. Go in from the beach side and ride the valley trail (fire road). It's about as flat as an mtb trail can be. There are even water spigots along the way to refill your water bottles. If she doesn't care for that, she likely just won't take to mountain biking.

Glad to Be Alive
    sycamore cyn from the beach....just stay on the flat fireroad
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Mt Wilson Motoboy

I'd say yer screwed!

Quote Originally Posted by NEWBIErider
    any places i can take my gf to. she wants to do a scenic ride with plenty of views with not to much or any climbs. pretty much a nice level trail. we tried sullivans cyn, and that was even too much for her. any ideas?

Ricky
    Better take up nude volleyball!
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]"My people are the people of the dessert!"
    said T.E. Lawrence picking up his fork...[/SIZE]
    [/SIZE][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    thanks for the recommendatios guys. i'll try these spots and see if the gf likes em

Commit or eat sh!t
    Go from Torrance Beach to Santa Monica Beach on the bike path. As flat as you can get. Plus nice views.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    If in the Orange County area, you can try the flat trails around Peters Canyon/Irvine Regional Parks/Santiago Oaks.
    Telegraph Canyon through Chino Hills State Park is just slightly graded.

banned
    BLT, Noble Canyon, to East Mesa, Cuyamaca Rancho Grand Loop, Indian Creek , Pioneer Mail, Indian Creek, to Noble Canyon, BLT...about a month ago.....would have been easier, though!

At least, that's how I got rid of my last gf....I think she's still up there....

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    sorry guys i forgot to mention that i live in the san fernando valley.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    In addition to Cheseboro and Pt. Mugu, the first 3.75 miles of the trail starting at JPL off the I-210 is easy. You can do it as an out and back. It has 3-4 stream crossings (two of which are avoidable, and the water is very low) and the first mile is on paved road, but it is technical enough to be fun for a newbie w/o being strenuous. Whenever I introduce someone to mountain biking, that is where I start. It is also close to the SF Valley if you're on the east side.

If you need more specific details, let me know and I'll provide them to you.

Front Range, Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief
    BLT, Noble Canyon, to East Mesa, Cuyamaca Rancho Grand Loop, Indian Creek , Pioneer Mail, Indian Creek, to Noble Canyon, BLT...about a month ago.....would have been easier, though!

At least, that's how I got rid of my last gf....I think she's still up there....
    LOL Yeah that would do it.