mtbr member
    Oct 2009

Newport beach area riding?

I'm going on a family trip to newport beach this upcoming weekend and am wondering if I should bring my bike or not. Is there any good single track in the area? I checked the trail section here and wasn't able to find too much. Thanks!

Junior flyer
    Jun 2010
    El Moro State Park and Laguna Coast Wilderness connect from Newport down to Laguna Beach; Aliso Woods is just south of those two parks. Many of the best trails are...unofficial. Regardless, it's a good idea to have a guide when visiting the first time so that you don't spend too much time on fireroads!

Do you ride mostly XC or AM? There's something for everybody! I'm probably available if you'd like somebody to ride with.

Doug
    Last edited by dirtvert; 09-09-2012 at 11:25 AM.
    Why?

Because we like the taste of freedom; because we like the smell of danger. ~ E. Abbey

Sled of Lead.
    ^^ What Dirtvert said. Check out El Moro.

_
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtvert View Post
    El Moro State Park and Laguna Coast Wilderness connect from Newport down to Laguna Beach; Aliso Woods is just south of those two parks. Many of the best trails are...unofficial. Regardless, it's a good idea to have a guide when visiting the first time so that you don't spend too much time on fireroads!

Do you ride mostly XC or AM? There's something for everybody!
    this.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012