Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Mar 2009

New site for San Diego Mountain Bikers

Hey guys

I'm working on creating a site for mountain bikers in San Diego. It's called www.MountainBikingSanDiego.com and it is intended to be a resource for all of us in San Diego. I'll have trail reviews, maps, and rides posted. I really want to nurture the mountain biking community here and provide a place for people to grow in the sport.

If you've got a second, check it out and leave some feedback!

To make this site a success, I need you all. There are two ways you can really help out and contribute. One is by simply posting rides to the calendar. If you have a group that meets on certain days and are open to meeting new people, email me through the contact page and I'll post it on the calendar. Secondly, if you want to write a trail review for everyone to see that would be awesome!

Anyway, hope you like the site and I hope you will find it useful. Let me know what you think!

-Chris

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Good luck with your endeavor.....I think you'll need it, because SD already has a site (DirtTreaders.com) which in a way, was an offshoot from STR, a very successful site for Southern California......

I noticed your site does not have a Forum section........that's a sure-fire way to guarantee failure...

Just my opinion.

mtbr member
    Yep, Dirt Treaders is the place for local group rides and don't forget Mountain Bike Bill for trail info, good luck anyway, there's never enough sites to waste 8 hours at work

Geritol Power
    Quote Originally Posted by bajamtnbkr
    Yep, Dirt Treaders is the place for local group rides and don't forget Mountain Bike Bill for trail info, good luck anyway, there's never enough sites to waste 8 hours at work
    Awesome, a new signature for the week

Singlespeed Poser
    Dec 2009
    There is also a similar site. It's called www.mountainbikebill.com

ocd
    mtbr member
    May 2007

well

for 1 million euro and a property in Belgium you can have the twitter ... sdmtb

CEB
    No horse'n round
    I like the photo on the home page... looks like San Diego mountain biking. . . . where is THAT trail?

I <3 Dirt
    Quote Originally Posted by CEB
    I like the photo on the home page... looks like San Diego mountain biking. . . . where is THAT trail?
    Sycamore Canyon...duh

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Hey guys thanks for all the feedback!

No that trail isn't Sycamore, its clearly mission trails haha

OCD: the twitter offer is very attractive, i'll definitely have to consider that!

And yeah, dirtreaders.com and mountainbikebill.com are great sites! I use them both and want to incorporate certain aspects from each into the new site. MBBIll has some amazing trail maps etc, but i feel like some of his info is outdated. He has an awesome resource for us though!!
    And dirttreaders.com seems like a great place to talk about everything related to mtb in san diego, but I envision the site i'm working on to be more of a simple, comprehensive resource geared more toward beginners and people just getting into the sport.

Still have a lot of work to do as it's essentially a wireframe right now without any content or suitable pictures. I really appreciate the feedback though! Negative or positive, I'll take it all with a smile So keep it coming... what else do you think? Anything it needs or anything I ought to do differently?

Lord of the Chainrings
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott forty G.
    There is also a similar site. It's called www.mountainbikebill.com

Yep, what he said!
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

Baby-heads.... oh joy!
    Quote Originally Posted by sdmtb
    .....what else do you think? Anything it needs or anything I ought to do differently?

Does your site offer the temporarily handicapped easy access?

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    No advice -- just want to wish you luck.

Singlespeed Poser
    Dec 2009
    What is your name on Dirt Treaders? You should show up into one of our group rides.

Ya, right.
    So what trail exactly is the pic on your homepage from? If it's not from SD county, that sends a negative/misleading kind of vibe from the start.
    I hope you have a big trunk... 'cuz I'm puttin' my bike in it.

I <3 Dirt
    I remember when someone first posted their idea about SoCalTrailriders and I thought there wasn't room in SoCal for another mtb site, but look where that site has gone. Dirttreaders is becoming a popular site for San Diegans, so I'm sure your site could find its place. You have to use pictures of local trails and while I understand the site is just a wireframe I'd get content posted quickly to give people reason to return. Best of luck!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mealsonwheels
    I remember when someone first posted their idea about SoCalTrailriders and I thought there wasn't room in SoCal for another mtb site, but look where that site has gone. Dirttreaders is becoming a popular site for San Diegans, so I'm sure your site could find its place. You have to use pictures of local trails and while I understand the site is just a wireframe I'd get content posted quickly to give people reason to return. Best of luck!

Yeah, "we've already got SoCalMTB, Bike and MTBR, how can another ever fit? Somebody dig up those old posts starting off STR...

They're a labor of love, so good on you for trying, sdmtb.

Singlespeed Poser
    Dec 2009
    On your site, there is a trek store ride on Feb 20. Where will the ride take place and which trek store?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Hey Scott,

The ride is going to start at the East end of Mission Trails at 8:30. It's not organized by any one of the stores in particular, all 4 of them rather. Here's a link to the site where I got the info: http://treksandiego.com/articles/cur...vents-pg59.htm

Also, I'd definitely be up for a dirttreaders ride, I tried to register on there, but it wasn't working at the time... Where do you guys usually ride? Any days in particular?

And, I've been taking all your suggestions into account, I finally have a picture of San Diego on the homepage! And people have been submitting more pictures on the facebook page as well. If you have a minute, check it out its called Mountain Biking San Diego.

Thanks for the support!

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    The site is starting to take shape nicely -- I like the user-submitted photos and I'm glad you lost the original home page photo.

Singlespeed Poser
    Dec 2009
    how do i post pictures on the site?

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Awesome! The best way to add photos right now is on the facebook page here:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mounta...8259649?ref=ts
    If you don't have a facebook, you can add them to the flickr page here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mountainbikingsandiego/

Hope this works, let me know if you have any trouble

Ya, right.
    Just out of curiosity, where was that first pic from? Looked pretty cool.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    That's a picture of a friend of mine at Anderson, in Alpine

Ya, right.
    Sorry, I meant the very first one. That view is unreal.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Oh that one haha... I'm not sure actually I think it's South America though. Can't quite remember

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast