mtbr member
    May 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm New to SD North County and NEED to start riding again!

Just moved down from Santa Barbara County to San Marcos

Anyone still around (Disco Hills?) ?

Let me know, I really need to get back on the bike and ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by davedave

That is sad in deed, Santa Barbara County has way better trails than No. San Diego County. But Flightline is still pretty good for ST spins.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Yo! I live in Discovery Hills - as does one or two other members of the board. I'll shoot you an email...

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Yeah, acutally I have lived here for about a year and a half but have only made it out a few times. (Daley Ranch)

I'll give you a call Mike.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Yeah, acutally I have lived here for about a year and a half but have only made it out a few times. (Daley Ranch)

I'll give you a call Mike.

hey i live in encinitas/la costa area but am going to school in san luis obispo. I'l be home between Dec 10th and Jan 1st. Where are some trails i can go on locally? I have a specialized big hit so i'm looking for a bit more techinical downhill trails

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SDMiniTrucker
    hey i live in encinitas/la costa area but am going to school in san luis obispo. I'l be home between Dec 10th and Jan 1st. Where are some trails i can go on locally? I have a specialized big hit so i'm looking for a bit more techinical downhill trails
    Knotts Berry Farm DH trail is a bit a technical in spots.

Photo of Vista radio tower peaks have some steep singletracts:
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    May 2004

whaaa?

hey, i like to hit flighline 2x per week at night for a quick 2hr ride, feel free to join me. definitely a premier spot that will go away too soon.
    also, where is that knot'sberry farm? that looks fuuun

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    where is the trailhead for this? i'm very familar with the area i just didnt get into biking trails until i got to school at Cal Poly, so where crazy fun trails are is beyond me. If you guys want a good trip and good mountain biking, come to san luis obispo. At cuesta ridge you can spend days riding new trails
    Last edited by SDMiniTrucker; 12-07-2004 at 04:49 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    where is the trailhead for this? i'm very familar with the area i just didnt get into biking trails until i got to school at Cal Poly, so where crazy fun trails are is beyond me. If you guys want a good trip and good mountain biking, come to san luis obispo. At cuesta ridge you can spend days riding new trails
    SDMiniTrucker - You make it to the Thrusday Night Rides with Mark Gracin by any chance? If so, tell him David Alligator said wassap.

HarryHood - what nights are you out there? I usually work until 6 so it might be a late start for me...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by harryhood
    hey, i like to hit flighline 2x per week at night for a quick 2hr ride, feel free to join me. definitely a premier spot that will go away too soon.
    also, where is that knot'sberry farm? that looks fuuun
    The photo is the highest point of Vista called San Marcos Peak, trailheads are from three different spots, I can't remember the names..........

Knott's is over in Carlsbad by San Ellijo and Rancho Santa Fe. The area use to be great, but now has shrunk down to a mini area. I don't have any photos of there just lots of memories.

Trying to hit Flightline 5 days a week........

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    i see where you guys are talkign about for the one in vista/san marcos, but where is the best place to start flightline. Which trailhead hsould i drive to?

mtbr member
    May 2004

enjoy flightline whilst you may.

i see where you guys are talkign about for the one in vista/san marcos, but where is the best place to start flightline. Which trailhead hsould i drive to?
    my usual was parking up by the h2o plant, or utility company that is located at the first right after proceeding thru the palomar airport rd/camino intersection heading N on el camino real. park on the street, or in the lot if you want (others seem to have no problem there). the drop in to the fire road is right there (there are actually a few of em). I go the fire road down past the really dark spot and enter what i think is bridges network, doing as many quick loops there as possible with my limited light. NB that there are many entries to this park.

So, with that being said, i wouldnt mind getting out to explore more with those who have really hit it during the day. let me know if anyone wants to do a ride sometime...
    were any of you guys the ones w/ jeep and 2-door in the lot last monday at 7ish?

now that my battery has been replaced, the possibilities are endless...

Hmmmmm, flighline, uguughghgghgugh

mtbr member
    Current time photo of Flightline from my place.

The area development is on hold due to environmental litigation, and tied up in the courts for at least one year delay is the good news.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    well i get back the 11th for christmas break so any hwere inbetween the 11th and the 2nd i can ride. GOING TO THE ROSEBOWL THE 2nd. Anyway, my cell is 1 760 803 2386, if you give me a call when im back in town we'll figure something out. btw my name is Gianni

mtbr member

Ted Williams is the spot...

Hopefully someone will give you the hook up on it. If not, drop me a line.
    The Big Bomber
    The [SIZE=5]Bombsquad [/SIZE] [SIZE=5]Freeride [/SIZE] Team

mtbr member
    May 2004

flightline tonight

i will be out for an after dark ride from 6.15ish to?
    JV

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    how was the ride jeff? hopefully i get my bike back today
    Gianni

Currently attending Cal Poly SLO to become an Industrial Engineer.
    Hometown: North San Diego (summertime)

mtbr member
    May 2004

right right

how was the ride jeff? hopefully i get my bike back today
    ride was fun, rode bridges. the trails are still a bit wet in some spots. I cannot wait for winter wetness to be over, maintenance is a *****! cleaning the drivetrain all the time...

someone has been doing some maintenance out there, as there are some new 2xs on the trail in wetter spots, and drainage ditches dug. also, the huge ferns that you ride thru have been trimmed to allow for more visibility.

anyways, all in all a good ride- up and down the coastal canyon hills. you could actually go in and out of the marine layer seemingly, as there was the equivalent of a thermocline at the top of the hill where the warm moist air hangs out. i didnt see one other person out there, which is good that noone noticed my lame crash that happened when my foot caught a low-lying branch that stopped me in my tracks and i was unable to unclip, falling in to a heap of bike and limbs (mine).

anyways, take it easy, and it is Justin.
    JV

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    i swear you said jeff on the phone. Oh well. Im so ****ing bored right now. I am just sitting around waiting for the shop to callme so i can pick up my bike. I guess i'll go hop on my bmx and at least ride around my neighborhood.
    Gianni

mtbr member
    I patch up some the ruts at Flightline like T9 Bridge and Baby Jesus drop yesterday.

So if you ride there, your WELCOME!!!
    • File Type: jpg br.JPG (114.1 KB, 197 views)

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    i was just riding the water tower mountain behind my house in "La Costa." They are building some houses in the area but you can still access all the trails. I'm gonna probably be riding those a lot if anyone wants to join. All the single tracks still look pretty technical and fun from what i could tell when i hiked up there yesterday (bike in shop). So give me a call if you guy sare down after today to go 760 803-2386 Gianni
    Gianni

mtbr member
    i was just riding the water tower mountain behind my house in "La Costa." They are building some houses in the area but you can still access all the trails. I'm gonna probably be riding those a lot if anyone wants to join. All the single tracks still look pretty technical and fun from what i could tell when i hiked up there yesterday (bike in shop). So give me a call if you guy sare down after today to go 760 803-2386 Gianni

Which water tank, Box Canyon or Knotts?

mtbr member
    May 2004

a resounding

THANKS for your efforts in maintaining FLIGHTLINE's ridability.

I would like to get out there an explore more during the days, as i dont think i recognize that little bridge. Anyways, i might convince my riding buddies to head up N.County way this weekend. Let me know who is interested in a sat ride starting by 12.
    JV

mtbr member

Have you...

ridden Ted Williams in Poway?
    The Big Bomber
    The [SIZE=5]Bombsquad [/SIZE] [SIZE=5]Freeride [/SIZE] Team

Ridin' in iRie meditation
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdbike
    The photo is the highest point of Vista called San Marcos Peak, trailheads are from three different spots, I can't remember the names..........

Knott's is over in Carlsbad by San Ellijo and Rancho Santa Fe. The area use to be great, but now has shrunk down to a mini area. I don't have any photos of there just lots of memories.
    How do you get to this trailhead? I work right in that area and look at all the hills wondering if anything is there. This could be a great little lunch time spin for me.

Thanks.

TR