Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

New to Santa Barbara - what to do?

949 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  verve825 
#1 ·
I just moved to Santa Barbara and am excited to explore a bunch of trails. Is there a local IMBA group or website that I can get more info.

Also, are there any meet ups for flag football, photography, tennis, hiking, or pretty much anything else outdoors?

#5 ·
Hey there-

There is a great deal of riding locally, especially if you're willing to drive over San Marcos Pass (Highway 154) and start rides out of the Paradise Road (Upper/Lower Oso) day use areas. I live in Solvang, and ride (whether in SB, Paradise Rd, Gaviota, Tequepuis, New Cuyama, etc....) most weekend days and many weekdays/evenings, as well- I'd be happy to get together for a ride whenever you're up for it.

Be well and regards,

Jeff

#4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies.

Is there a directory of trails online? I'd like to do a 4 or so hour ride this weekend...not sure really where to look and compare though. I'll probably stop in a bike shop this afternoon but new the forum would provide some good info too.

I just did a search and it looks like Romero, Jesusita, or Little Pine(Santa Cruz Trail) are definitely worth checking out. I'll google them to figure out which one might be best for this weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.