mtbr member
    Aug 2007

New Millennium Trail update

New Millennium Trail update

Spring has sprung and so did the Mustard plants! The New Millennium Trail has become so overgrown with this plant the trail is unusable at this time! The CORBA Trail Crew was out on 4/15 and 4/17 working on the trail. It was a slow process but we managed to clear .7 of a mile from the intersection of the Bark Park Trail heading south. There is still much work to be done!

CORBA has been communicating with the Mountains Restoration Trust (MRT) to come up with a solution to get this great trail passable once again! The MRT has mobilized their Crew to work on brush removal on the trail. The CORBA Trail Crew returned to the trail on 5/9 and worked on some slides and erosion problems on the South side of the trail near Normans Way.

The MRT Crew has cleared the brush from Parkway Calabasas past Normans Way/Stokes Canyon to the switchbacks and Parkway Calabasas towards Calabasas Road/Gun Club Road past the water tank on the ridge above the other set of switchbacks.

We hope to be able to report very soon that the entire trail is once again usable!

Keep an eye on the CORBA site for updates. www.corbamtb.com

You can see a map of the trail here http://www.venturacountytrails.org/T...AreaTrails.htm
    www.corbamtb.com CORBA-Working for MTB Access in the L.A. area.
    www.otbmbc.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    i rode it yesterday... bad idea...

the lower section (after the unrealistic switch backs) has a couple washed out sections and mass overgrow later on, the switch backs going down to the fire road (closer to the 101 and las virgines is overgrown too, not as bad)

Anyways thanks for clearing that sections its definitely noticable where the work was put in, what days do you work out there?

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dannysocal
    i rode it yesterday... bad idea...

the lower section (after the unrealistic switch backs) has a couple washed out sections and mass overgrow later on, the switch backs going down to the fire road (closer to the 101 and las virgines is overgrown too, not as bad)

Anyways thanks for clearing that sections its definitely noticable where the work was put in, what days do you work out there?
    Your welcome! It is always good to know it is appreciated

CORBA does not have any plans at this time to return for an trail maintenance. The MRT crew is still working on the brush clearing. It is a big job! They should be done soon! Once the trail is clear I will go ride it and see if there is anything else that needs to be done. From your report it sounds like there will be! I will post an update here and on the CORBA site once I hear from the MRT that the brush work is complete.

Hans
    www.corbamtb.com CORBA-Working for MTB Access in the L.A. area.
    www.otbmbc.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    CORBA's work is definitely appreciated and don't get enough credit. I rode Millenium after the first mile or so was cleared, and we continued on the trail thru the mustard. A great trail but barely rideable under current conditions.

Thanks again for all the trail work!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Millenium trail update

Has anyone ridden the Millenium Trail lately. Is it still overgrown???