Bullit for Sale!

New (to me) Bike

Been riding for along time and always wanted a Santa Cruz Bullit but could never afford one, so I settled with some nice, but far less expensive bikes like Marin Shoreline Trail(got stolen ) then had a Gary Fisher Sugar 4+ that I've been riding for awhile. But it just wasn't cutting it so I'm selling that and I just picked up my first Bullit today!!

The DH chainring is coming off and for the triple so I can attempt to get this beast uphill occassionally too.

And I'm new, so HI!

mtbr member
    I know what it means to want a bike for a long time...I wanted my bullit for years as well. I slowly built it up a piece at a time. It took me quite a while. Once it was finally done- WOW! Sofa king cool to have my dream bike finally! Congrats to you, Keener. I dig your forks too....

Here is a peek at mine:

Last edited by Bobby Peru; 05-18-2006 at 10:47 PM.

Bullit for Sale!
    MMM, thats the hotness.

I think I'll slowly change stuff to make it my own, but for now, its time to romp it!

mtbr member
    Like I said, I took a loooong time to buy all the parts. I'd say over 6 months for sure, maybe more like 9 months. But the only thing I want to change is my brakes; I want juicy 7's. Other than that, I am content. Keener, is your rear shock upside down or is mine? Does it matter?

Bullit for Sale!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Peru
    Like I said, I took a loooong time to buy all the parts. I'd say over 6 months for sure, maybe more like 9 months. But the only thing I want to change is my brakes; I want juicy 7's. Other than that, I am content. Keener, is your rear shock upside down or is mine? Does it matter?
    You know, I was wondering the same thing, I have seen it both ways so I don't honestly know. Also, it's a little soft and haven't figured out how to stiffen it up yet, any help there?

mtbr member
    I have a Fox DHX 5.0 on mine... I put 110 lbs. air pressure in it and just dialed the rest with the help of a friend who had the same shock. I had a Swinger 4 way on my other bike and never really messed with it. I am sure there is a few folks on this board who can help you out with the specifics. I just happen to ride with a few tech heads so I am spoiled! BTW, you can ride with us this Saturday if you want PM for more info....

Glad to Be Alive
    congrats.....very sweet
    Quote Originally Posted by Keener2.5
    Been

The DH chainring is coming off and for the triple so I can attempt to get this beast uphill occassionally too.

And I'm new, so HI!
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Dat mah bike, punk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Peru
    I know what it means to want a bike for a long time...I wanted my bullit for years as well. I slowly built it up a piece at a time. It took me quite a while. Once it was finally done- WOW! Sofa king cool to have my dream bike finally! Congrats to you, Keener. I dig your forks too....

Here is a peek at mine:

lol forgive me if i'm wrong (i'm still in wake-up mode) but did you break a lever and decide to make a pair of it?
    every thread needs an uploaded image of one kind or another.

Bullit for Sale!
    haha, i think they are the one finger ones.

And thanks shiver me timbers.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by misctwo
    lol forgive me if i'm wrong (i'm still in wake-up mode) but did you break a lever and decide to make a pair of it?

Those are BONZ one finger levers....

Bullit for Sale!
    Didn't get up early enough to go for a ride somewhere, so it so I took some new pics!

Dat mah bike, punk!
    ill! i like your patio too!

Bullit for Sale!
    ill! i like your patio too!
    Haha, thanks, I like it too. What you didn't see is 5 mins after taking that pic cleaning it for an hour because of all the bird crap/tree crap/roof crap/ etc that made it look like poopie. Oh, its a tough life though.

Bullit for Sale!
    UPDATE!!

I LOVE this bike! I took it to Aliso Viejo and rode the water tower trail with the boulder section! It was awesome, I'll never go back to Gary Fisher!

Dat mah bike, punk!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keener2.5
    UPDATE!!

I LOVE this bike! I took it to Aliso Viejo and rode the water tower trail with the boulder section! It was awesome, I'll never go back to Gary Fisher!

plush is wholesome, no?

mtbr member
    sweet bike man! but we don't want to see pics of a clean bike... get that baby dirty

Bullit for Sale!
    plush is wholesome, no?

Quote Originally Posted by tkblazer
    sweet bike man! but we don't want to see pics of a clean bike... get that baby dirty
    Oh its definitely dirty now!

Bullit for Sale!
    Finally selling this bike, but it's time.

This is how it looks now. Just a little different. lol