Reels & Wheels

New Kenter Whoops T-Shirt

My new Kenter T-Shirt. Proceeds go to airlifitng that rickity teeter-totter out of Kenter.
    Attached Images Attached Images

120 pounds of xc sex!

ill buy one. how much>?
    Team X-poser is back for 2006-

WTB; 1.25 inch tow rack in SoCal

>Ankur<

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dv8cam
    My new Kenter T-Shirt. Proceeds go to airlifitng that rickity teeter-totter out of Kenter.
    First rule of fight club?

btw, that teeter is solid - I've been on far worse all over BC....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by macrider
    First rule of fight club?....
    Kenter is not a secret spot.

It's been there for years and there's even a review listing for it over in trail section of mtbr.com.
    Kenter Review Page
    Give me a big scoop of Manteca!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by partially hydrogenated
    Kenter is not a secret spot.

It's been there for years and there's even a review listing for it over in trail section of mtbr.com.
    Kenter Review Page
    And if it was up to me I'd have that trail reveiw pulled - Look what happened just this week to Calabaszas (sp?) park in Norcal - closed up, fenced off - all because of a law suit facing the city from the parent of an injured kid - and Calabazas was sanctioned by the city! the dirt jumps there were apparantly ok until this suit - now they are closed

The Whoops is FAR less "ok" with anybody - it appears to exist in a jurisdictional limbo - nobody who has the power (city of LA from my understanding of the ownership of the easement the jumps are on) to take the jumps out has done so - yet

but after reading everyday on MTBR and elsewhere about jumps being bulldozed (Lake Forest two weeks ago comes to mind) - does anybody REALLY think that drawing attention to this stuff online is a good idea? - I know for a fact that Rangers and other land management types keep an eye on these boards - any illegal trails or dirt jumps built on anything but private land (with the consent of the landowner) are in constant danger - I'm just pointing out that more attention drawn the more likely you'll see a dozer up there one day

so fight club rules should apply if you dig the place and spend a lot of time there - like I do

Reels & Wheels

whoops

I ride there every other day. The ONLY person I have ever seen digging there in over a year of riding this consistently is Kurt. And he works for the city. And the city put the 151 original rollers in to begin with - to keep 4x4s off the fireroad. But I feel your concern. I would cry if Kenter was gone. But it has been there 15, maybe 20 years. Does not seem to be going anywhere - despite numerous people being helivaced out & having life-threatning injuries. Kenter is not secret at all to anyone. Firemen are up there every other week saving people. OLN was there shooting dirtboarders about 1 month ago. Somebody did a fashion shoot there some months back.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I have 2 words in response to the Kenter publicity- Lake Forest