mtbr member
    May 2006

New to the area . . .Need some advice.

What's up everybody? Moving to Temecula in June and would like some advice from you all if possible. I'm looking to buy two new bikes, a road bike and a mountain/trail bike. Don't need anything fancy, as I'm in the entry level category and don't have the cash to shell out top dollar. However, I would like two solid bikes and would also like to know of good stores to pick them up at.

Also, anybody got any good trails in Temecula or the surrounding area that they like? And if anyone wants to volunteer to be a riding buddy, I would appreciate that too.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    We live nearby (Murrieta). Few good shops in the area. I'd suggest visiting them all and decide which brand you want. I think 2-3 of them carry Specialized and a few other brands (one builds up a lot of Ellsworth bikes, carries Intense, etc.), and the shop in Temecula carries Trek/Gary Fisher. There's I.E. Bikes in Murrieta, Back Alley Bikes in Murrieta/Wildomar, CycoPath in Temecula, and I believe it's Redhawk Cycles on the south side of Temecula (I've never been in there). You should be able to find locations through yellowpages.com or similar.

Directly in Temecula/Murrieta there's Santa Rosa Plateau (multi-use trails, most of the area is hikers only), but a decent local/close ride for afterwork or if you're in a hurry. Vail Lake also on the south side of town where they have a few races a year. We usually drive out of town, mostly off of 74W on the way to San Juan Capistrano to ride San Juan Trail or some of the trails accessed from Blue Jay Campground (Trabuco, Holy Jim, Main Divide, etc.).

If you want info on trails a really good tool is http://www.geoladders.com Has GPS info for tons of trails in So Cal, mostly in the OC and surrounding areas.

Definitely post when you get in town and set up.

mtbr member
    May 2006

Thanks . . . .

I'll be sure to page you when I get in town.