mtbr member
    Feb 2006

NEON Way trail in San Fernando Valley

First time up there today, Has anyone noticed a man made pond full of gold fishes? Today was 93deg with humidity so i didnt get too far. Where does it end?
    06' Gary Fisher Cake 2dlx with Azonic MTN X Pedals
    06' Giant Reign 2 with Wellgo MG-1 Pedals

mtbr member
    Here's somemore info on that trail:

http://www.socalmtb.com/socal/trails...m?list=reviews

mtbr member
    It ends at Mission Peak which has a great panoramic view of the SF Valley, Newhall Pass, and Santa Clarita. You'll see a lone stand of trees know as "Three Trees" near the top. Unfortunately, the Gas Comany was forced my Homeland Security to fence off a section of the fireroad after 9/11. The last section to Three Trees used to have a gentle slope via a long switchback but now you have to hike-a-bike up the umm "trail" they bulldozed.

It would sure be nice if they'd make a decent switchback for that last section.

There is a fun singletrack path down to O'Melveny Park. The Over the Bars club is riding that loop this coming Thursday at 6pm. www.otbmbc.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Namlak
    It ends at Mission Peak which has a great panoramic view of the SF Valley, Newhall Pass, and Santa Clarita. You'll see a lone stand of trees know as "Three Trees" near the top. Unfortunately, the Gas Comany was forced my Homeland Security to fence off a section of the fireroad after 9/11. The last section to Three Trees used to have a gentle slope via a long switchback but now you have to hike-a-bike up the umm "trail" they bulldozed.

It would sure be nice if they'd make a decent switchback for that last section.

There is a fun singletrack path down to O'Melveny Park. The Over the Bars club is riding that loop this coming Thursday at 6pm. www.otbmbc.com
    The singletrack to O'Melveny is so overgrown that you need to be careful the weeds don't snag your bars sending YOU OTB !

mtbr member
    May 2011
    bringing this thread back up from the dead...

just started riding again and i live up by neon way/o'melveny park/three trees.

if anyone else rides up here and doesn't mind riding with a beginner, hit me up....

mtbr member
    Still ride up here, cursor? I hit it about once a week. Might be nice to have some company...

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I plan to start riding in 2 weeks. Maybe then.
    06' Gary Fisher Cake 2dlx with Azonic MTN X Pedals
    06' Giant Reign 2 with Wellgo MG-1 Pedals

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by scvkurt03 View Post
    Still ride up here, cursor? I hit it about once a week. Might be nice to have some company...
    Yes, I'm usually riding Sat or Sun around 8am somewhere in the area. I usually rotate between Neon, the single track off Sesnon that dead ends or just riding down Aliso Canyon at the end of Sesnon down to Rinaldi and back. I usually only have 1 1/2 hours to ride because my kids have gymnastics. If anyone is riding at that time, I can PM my number to you. Oh, and I still haven't improved after all this time and still slow.