Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Need soom recomindations for Trails in the Walnut, Pomona CA Area

My two roommates and I are looking for some good single track close to our apartment we live right next to Cal Poly Pomona where the 3 of us go. Any recommendations for places to ride whould be great.

thanks all
    Andrew.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Head up the 57 freeway a few miles to Frank G. bonelli park. They have some trails but I don't think any single track. btw, I go to Cal Poly myself.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Yeah Bonelli is ok and there is some s/t , Mt.SAC actually holds an XC race every November not real challenging , I think that it might be part of their running course , so I don't know if you're able to ride it year round.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    We have been all over the Mt. Sac course, it is very easy but thank you for the replies. We will check out the Frank G. Bonelli park.

Johny Sokko!
    marshall canyon in la verne

mtbr member
    Yup, Marshall Canyon is not bad.
    Or you can go up 57North exit Lambert Rd. turn left will take you to Carbon Canyon only a 20min drive from where your at.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Have you rode the Via Verde trail in La Verne? I rode it yesterday with my girlfriend.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by truksnboats
    Have you rode the Via Verde trail in La Verne? I rode it yesterday with my girlfriend.
    No where is that located

Andrew

mtbr member

Monroe Truck Trail

Up in Glendora, is a great ride. It is 7 miles and 2,000 lots o fun. The trail head is at the first hard left on Glendora Mountain Road.
    Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. ~H.G. Wells

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Turnbull Canyon in Whittier. You can catch half of it @ 7th Ave.

tk

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Chino Hills state park. Go up the 71 and exit on Central/Soquel Canyon. Make a right and then make a left on the 3rd light!

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    turnbull is pretty fun from 7th street down into whittier.
    marshall is a butt kicker

havent been to chino hills yet. anyone been there lately?

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    My girl and i are going to ride Chino Hills Park after work today. I've been there but have never rode any trails there. Anyone have any tips or know of the better trails to ride there?

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    truk,

let me know how it goes. i am thinking about riding chino hills on saturday.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    another one for Marshall Canyon/Clairmont Hills

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Ride was just ok. My girl did not want to head up any trails since we only had about an hour of sunlight left. Looks like there is a few nice trails to ride though. We encountered a scorpion on the ride and also saw a baby rattle snake. Wish I had my camera, next time im bringing it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by truksnboats
    Ride was just ok. My girl did not want to head up any trails since we only had about an hour of sunlight left. Looks like there is a few nice trails to ride though. We encountered a scorpion on the ride and also saw a baby rattle snake. Wish I had my camera, next time im bringing it.
    thanks for the report, i have heard that place is known for snakes.

mtbr member
    Watch out for ticks at Chino hills my buddies was there this weekend and 2 of em got bitten. Heard the ST are really overgrown.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Marshall canyon is awesome if you go the right way. Another option is Sunset Ridge. I love that ride too.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirthugger
    Watch out for ticks at Chino hills my buddies was there this weekend and 2 of em got bitten. Heard the ST are really overgrown.
    damn ticks too! i wonder what else is out there.

do the deet i guess. lol i will find out sunday morning

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mgalvez
    Marshall canyon is awesome if you go the right way. Another option is Sunset Ridge. I love that ride too.
    Where is Sunset Ridge and what kind of riding is it?

Johny Sokko!
    It's up in the Pasadena area, it is somewhat steep and technical, but the exposure amplifies it. You need to have skill to ride this trail! If you do try it, go slow and DO NOT SKID!

Oh yeah! Do not go off the trail! Mother Nature will reward you for disturbing her peace with some poison oak!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    The place I am talking about is in the mountains directly in front of Claremont. You drive up Mt. Baldy Road and go up a ways, before the village you make a left at Glendora ridge road. You cannot park at the RV campground! I usually have someone drop me off (I am lazy). The trail is on the left, across the front the RV entrance. The trail climbs for about maybe 5 miles then takes you to the antenna on the mountains in front of Claremont. On clear days you can easily see Catalina Island (it looks really close), and to the south you can see Lake Elsinore (maybe it's Lake Mathew?). It will blow your mind. Then you get about 15 miles of downhill (with maybe a steep one mile climb)

Oh, and it has some single track climbing at the start, and the rest fire road. This one is about scenery and then insane downhill speeds.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Hey all, I'm new to the forum...this thread is a great reference. I also attend Cal Poly for grad school.....moved to Claremont in September, and am looking for good mountain biking in the area. It looks as if everyone has covered everything around here.

There's also Webb Canyon...I think it's private property (all signs point that way at least) but it's at the intersection of Towne and Baseline in Claremont/edge of La Verne. Apparently there are some "illegal" but fun jumps someone built back there.....

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I rode a place today called Schabarum Park. Its in the City Of Industy on the corner of Azusa and Colima. Its right behind the Peunte Hills Mall. It was my first time there so I have not figured it out yet. But do a search on this site for more info. Ill be going back next week to do some more exploring. Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast