most memberable
    May 2011

Mystery of mount laguna rec area

This one is for Scott Fifty G!

Was up in Laguna off Sunset Trail, BLT, and Gatos Ravine today.

As I came down to the last two obstacles at end of Gatos Ravine, I saw a trail connector that went up and over to BLT connector by Agua Dulce. Anywho, near the top of the connector I spotted a lone fence post off the trail about 30 feet that had two dog tag-looking things hanging from a wire on it. One tag had "S E X" imprinted on it while the other had "2112 7874" on it. On this same connector, there were at least 3-4 nondescript-looking round concrete posts 6" in diameter sticking about a foot up out of the ground that had "C1" and some arrows engraved on their tops.

Whilst on the southern end of the Sunset Trail, there was another lone fence post about 30 feet off the western side of the trail. It had three of these dog tag things...two just like the other with "K L M" on one and a number (didn't write it down) on the other...while the third was red and had a long statement on it about "land navigation...."
    There is also one off the Laguna Meadow Rd connector up between El
    Prado Campground and BLT trail to the west.

They all look "official", but no warning about removal, etc.

Does any body know about these and what they are for?

Btw, "2112" is a Rush song and the numbers "7874" stand for RUSH on a telephone keypad.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    ^^^^That's some serious Da Vinci Code stuff going on there.

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    If you are talking about the trail at end of the last big log ride in Los Gatos that went up and over. Yes, i've seen those before. As matter of fact when i saw them last (the dog tags) by the fence post there is a wild game camera up there. I stumble upon it by accident while i was taking a weezer. lol

The i've not seen any dog tags on the southern end of Sunset trail.

Also, keep in mind all through out the year, Military exercises their navigational training there so who knows really.

Quote Originally Posted by RTSO2112 View Post
    This one is for Scott Fifty G!

Was up in Laguna off Sunset Trail, BLT, and Gatos Ravine today.

As I came down to the last two obstacles at end of Gatos Ravine, I saw a trail connector that went up and over to BLT connector by Agua Dulce. Anywho, near the top of the connector I spotted a lone fence post off the trail about 30 feet that had two dog tag-looking things hanging from a wire on it. One tag had "S E X" imprinted on it while the other had "2112 7874" on it. On this same connector, there were at least 3-4 nondescript-looking round concrete posts 6" in diameter sticking about a foot up out of the ground that had "C1" and some arrows engraved on their tops.

Whilst on the southern end of the Sunset Trail, there was another lone fence post about 30 feet off the western side of the trail. It had three of these dog tag things...two just like the other with "K L M" on one and a number (didn't write it down) on the other...while the third was red and had a long statement on it about "land navigation...."
    There is also one off the Laguna Meadow Rd connector up between El
    Prado Campground and BLT trail to the west.

They all look "official", but no warning about removal, etc.

Does any body know about these and what they are for?

Btw, "2112" is a Rush song and the numbers "7874" stand for RUSH on a telephone keypad.