mtbr member

My Bikes Where Stolen

So last night somebody broke into my garage and stole all three of my bikes. I'm just leting everyone know if they happen to see any of them. I owned a 2006 Specialized Marathon epic black, a 2005 lightspeed vela red, and a Specialized rock hopper, sliver.

And to add insult to the whole thing they also stole my bike pump, it was a stand up one. How ****ed is that? I don't know if that means this or these people where bike people or not, who knows.

If you spot anything or work in a bike shop or happen to see them in a pawn shop please help me recover them.

My Name is Sean, My phone number is 626-376-7222 the robbery happened in Pasadena, on Mar Vista ave @ Villa.

Thanks for keeping an eye out.

UPDATE INFO

These are the pictures

Last edited by Red Hawk; 03-07-2008 at 11:28 AM.

Lord of the Chainrings
    Dang that sucks!
    Any pictures of the stolen bikes?
    Keep an eye out on Craigslist.
    "Hesitation is the Mother of Failure!"

~~ 951 for Dirt & Roadster for Asphalt ~~

mtbr member
    That sucks. Sorry to hear it. Check postings on Craigs List or other classifieds - you might get lucky.

Geritol Power
    Rotten bastards. I hope they die of a meth overdose and your bikes get returned unharmed. Best of luck on their return.

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Check this out. I would seriously cry if my Turner or my Dos Niner were stolen. I put so much work into those bikes. I hate thieves. Hope you find them

Thief Arrested After Stealing Over 110 Bikes

Last Updated:
    03-04-08 at 5:06PM

A man is in custody Tuesday after a string of bike thefts in Coronado.

Police say Noly Llarde allegedly would sneak into backyards looking for unlocked bikes. Once stolen, he then immediately listed them on Craigslist.

After a victim found two of her stolen bikes listed on the website, police set up a sting operation and arrested the seller.

"The way he was able to get away with it for as long as he did because he posed as a legitimate rather well to do individual that was just trying to offload those because of some personal issues that were going on his life," Coronado Police Det. Keith James said.

Detectives say that he was able to steal over 110 bikes since May. Llarde also allegedly stole several surf boards.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I happen to live around the pasadena area, so if I'm out my training rides, I'll be keeping an eye out.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    DON'T FORGET THE SWAPMEETS!!!! I took heat on STR for mentioning seeing a near mint C-dale F1000. I guess we can handle rock gardens and drops but words are too scary. Anyway I think police are hip to pawn shops, Swap meets have too much ground to cover, and are swarmed by people who use bikes more than the folks on this board.

mtbr member
    Sorry to hear that, Hawk. As a member of the "obsessed with your bike" crew here, I feel your pain. I keep my FSR in the house currently, but do keep my sons' Hardrocks in the garage. Sucks for the loss because it's not just the invasion of privacy, but the loss of something very personal. Good luck with the recovery efforts.